Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eminai posted:

For those of you that can't log in or w/e, Wicked got the first castle

Good to know where we can find Brian David Mitchell these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Rivarz posted:

Anyone think it will be possible to still find a 16x16 and 24x24 by that time, or does this pretty much screw us out of land again?

Reports are saying land is being bought instantly, on multiple plots at once, due to hackers. Like, not even a second. Instantly.

Some dude screenshotted someone selling 10 Large Farms in Auroria on the main forums.

Seriously, anyone expecting to actually drop land should just let go of that dream and accept that you will have to buy a plot with gold to access a feature you paid real money to have.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Angela Christine posted:

How do you even get 10 large farms when the plans can't be traded? Did he have 10 accounts logged in at once or something?

I think he was advertising 16x16s technically. I forget that cottages and stuff cover the same amount as larges.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

heathkit posted:

And now the forums are down. This is pretty hilarious.

Maybe they decided to pull the plug on this lovely game

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Mercury_Storm posted:

Probably because they make about the same amount or more money from people having to pay insane tax costs as opposed to those lands being distributed amongst several players paying a subscription.

If someone owns 10 small houses and 10 medium farms (the one from the trade pack quest), the cost is 18000 credits a week, or about 100 dollars just for the certs, and about 115 dollars including the sub.

Now if those houses and farms were divided amongst several players due to a cap of 3 lands per account (all of them paying the full $15 a month and not getting a discount for paying for several months at once) the math works out to them making just $100 dollars on subscription fees, since those lands can be paid for by loyalty tokens alone. 20 properties / 3 max properties per player * $15 = $100 profit from account subs.

The property cap would have to be 2 per account the way things are working now in order for it to be more profitable to actually have land evenly distributed. Even if the tax cost for more land were increased dramatically, it would only make the situation worse because land whales (lol) would be way more profitable.

The problem is this assumes a) everyone is paying for tax certs with real money or loyalty instead of just using labor or buying from the AH and b) that land is still taxed after 10 properties, which it isn't.

There's is straight up no reason to allow infinite housing for any individual if costs are capped at ten properties and you have people leaving your game because those land barons are getting all of it.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Atlasesque posted:

Wait, what? You don't pay taxes on properties after 10?

You do not pay additional taxes, no. You still have to pay the base tax for any properties over 10 plus the 10-house multiplier. But the multiplier does not go up past 10 houses.

Not to mention the two-week time delay if you just don't pay anything beyond the initial setting, which is what a lot of land barons and hackers do. Set a fairly easy-to-make 16x16 cottage or farm, don't pay taxes on it, and sell it before the two weeks are up. You lose a little bit in time and construction costs, but if you're laying down 5-10 properties at once in a perfect grid (like what apparently happened tonight), you'll still come out ahead even if a couple of those do get demolished.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 5, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

So what are the guilds that actually managed to get a castle on Aranzeb?

2 FC, Wicked, and Shipwrecked Pirates

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

quote:

UPDATE 8, 10:45 PM PST: XLGAMES is finishing the connectivity issue fix to the client. The moment it's delivered, final QA will begin. At the same time, we will be repackaging the game build and preparing it for download. This work to apply the fix may take up to six hours with exact timing to be announced once the fix passes QA. The whole ArcheAge Team will be working into the night to facilitate this process: we're eager to get you playing again as quickly as possible and apologize for the wait.

lol

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Tanreall posted:

The first 2000g and poo poo ton of brick had nothing to do with fishing so I don't get it.

Fishing goons have very little experience in handling things like responsible adults.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Guys I need the diablo II box art but without the words please take my money

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Malakesh posted:

Hmmm I wonder why that is....
This fishing poo poo really is getting silly. I do enjoy seeing Kimsemus get kicked out of things though so I am torn.

oh no how will Kimsemus live a fulfilling life without playing EVE?! :ohdear:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Buffer posted:

How the gently caress did dabigredboat get any real authority in anything?

He's good at organizing digital spaceships to make up for his lack of organizing his collection of various flavors of Mountain Dews.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Malakesh posted:

All goons are petty and childish. What are you saying?

heh get reckt, imp zone trolls. :smug:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I'm actually genuine curious about Malakesh's experience being the inspiration for the film "Jack." It must be pretty sweet having an excuse not to act like an adult despite all outward appearances.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eonwe posted:

im pretty sure goons are big babies with diapers because they definitely can't stop making GBS threads all over themselves

It's a return to the glory days of GBS. We should thank these proud goons for their service.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
That slow realization that an Ayn Rand novel would actually end up like The Hunger Games.

A harsh lesson for the fishermen and their golden hooks.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Smash the patriarchy

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Carol Pizzamom posted:

am i doing this right. helk;p

Lmao

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eonwe posted:

here is my go at it

This but with a marlin instead if the girlfriend

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

jeffraider posted:

Badge of Honor.

Lol did you just post history quote in tyool 2014?

Lmao

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Tell us, jeffraider, how many schoolyards did you have to go to at bfm's behest?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
*girl scout knocks on jeffraider's door*

Scout: Would you like to buy some cookies?

Jeffraider: I like your marketing skills. We could use people like you in Pandemic Legion, young madam.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
What's the going isk rate for 14-year-olds these days, anyway? Or is it more of a performance based benefit in your guild?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Luke Johnson posted:

You guys really are set on retreading every mistake that Evegoons made, aren't you?

Since when is slash fan fiction a mistake?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

jeffraider posted:

So did someone in the victorian-era parlor like wheel over to you and present the evidence or what happened

Where is the police report Kimsemus?

WHERE IS THE POLICE REPORT?!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
He asked her to take photos for the lols guys he wasn't serious

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I'm sorry, your honor, but these photos of a groomed, naked teenager are not substantial enough to kick BFM. So rules EVE Court, the most important and highest court in the land

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Here in Pandemic Legion, we are committed to the job security of our trusted employees! Rest assured that you will not be thrown aside due to a few silly claims of pedophilia. We require at least two forms of credible sources before we kick any of our members! These sources can include arrest reports, articles in a newspaper-of-record, or trial record. Nothing less will do! Don't let the Imp Zone trolls get beneath your skin. We always have the backs of our own.

*Brought to you by Jeffraider*

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

lewtt posted:

If you are still endlessly arguing or witch hunting after a month about awfully stupid poo poo a dumb guy did to a clueless teenager on the internet years ago while alienating/kicking/arguing with people who vocalize not caring about some random goon, it's bordering saying as much about you as it is BFM's said mindfucking of icelandic teen

But I guess calling people out on obsessive tirades over month-old/years-old spilled milk classifies me as a pedo apologist

:allears:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Look guys, grooming a teenager is just a phase people go through. Like that time Billy strangled a puppy or the football team shoved pencils up Dan's bum his first year on the team. They shouldn't be marked for life from it! Boys will be boys. :rolleyes:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
It's almost like Eve-style diplomacy was unsustainable in a game about piracy! Better take the high road here and steal guild supplies while getting people kicked in completely separate games because my libertarian fish utopia was never going to work long run. Actually having competition and working for fish was just too drat hard.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I mean yeah our new guildmates defend childfuckers but the real travesty here is that we lost maximum gold efficiency here.

:qqsay: Our profits :qqsay:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
lol at fishers who think they couldn't have continued fishing with PVP when the real issue is that it just would have taken more effort and they would make only Richie Rich-esque money instead of Scrooge McDuckian money

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Trying to apply EVE politics in ArcheAge is like trying to apply an MIT quantum physics course to a first grade art students.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

But eve is also about piracy :confused:

AA drama is literally all the eve drama for the past 8-10 years condensed into a few months and that's why it's the best

I'm not saying it's not the same drama; I'm saying it's silly that EVE goons are trying to play that same drama in Archeage.

Despite its user base, EVE is a fairly complex game that requires some fairly meticulous planning. It's battles involve thousands of players in any number of different kinds of ships made with an entirely player-based economy. Zones and factions in control of certain guilds have immense sway over the landscape of the game for null sec players. Politics, pacts, and diplomacy play a major role because of how the game is designed.

Archeage battles involve maybe four types of ships and usually end with one of those ships getting launched into the air like a breached whale.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

:thurman:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Just like the really really early days in eve except instead of being launched into the air it gets blown up by a ship traveling faster than its own missiles so you get hit by a ton of volleys all at once

maybe but I didn't start playing EVE until the whole TEST war thing started so I can't really comment on how it was early on :iiam:

I know AA at least plays faster than one frame per minute when poo poo goes down so there's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Malakesh posted:

Ah that explains your ignorance. you missed the majority of the glory days, when bitter vets were actually bitter vets.

Yeah it's me being ignorant and not at all fishers overstating what's actually required in this simple hacker koreagame with WoW combat

• Locked thread