Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eonwe posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/2jw1d1/where_to_fish_in_dfw_area/

lol

just browsing the local subreddit and what do I stumble upon

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I wonder if he uses Taylor Swift albums as lures

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Fishing takes its toll
There is blood on the high seas
Kimsemus is gay

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I dunno. The land situation is really lovely, but the things I am able to do are pretty fun, especially for a game I pay no real money for anymore. Excited to spend way too much on those trees.

Doesn't its existence basically confirm TS are a per-tree chance and not an "x amount per server per day" thing?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
My nonscientific experiment with the lag is that it's tied to the animation of the fish swimming in a boat hold. Once a boat gets four or five fish flopping around, it goes spastic.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

Near an encampment of children yous ay

:eyepop:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Umbreon posted:

respect fishing

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Cyberventurer posted:

Malakesh was fidgeting, unsure of how the negotiations were about to pan out. "This isn't right," he told himself. He was a goon of the sea; the crisp, salty breeze. The blue waves undulating over the horizon. The boats of pubbies perpendicular with the surface of the water, making full revolutions at 3 times a second. That was his home.

He was a fisherman.

Not a diplomat. Not someone who parlayed with opponents on land. Sure, the 16x16 beachfront villa he was using as a base of operations was furnished well, and any bot worth its salt would drool at the chance to snatch up this amazing piece of real estate, but it didn't make him feel comfortable. Malakesh turned back toward the mirror to groom his hair and adjust the position of his admiral's hat. He wasn't really an admiral, of course, but Kimsemus wouldn't know that. All he had to do was negotiate a ceasefire. His superiors allowed him a token amount of the stolen supplies to be used as a bargaining chip, but what if it wasn't enough? What if Kimsemus demanded more, and he couldn't deliver? Maybe he was just being used as bait to lure Kimsemus out? He cursed the higher-ups for not telling him anything. Whenever he tried to press for more information, all he was told was "OPSEC". Every question, nothing but "OPSEC". Even asking for the definition of OPSEC got him nothing but "OPSEC" in reply. He was still busy trying to figure out what the acronym stood for when the door behind him swung open. Malakesh gulped hard and spun around; he was here. He looked much more...dashing than Malakesh expected.

Kimsemus, scourge of the seas, had entered the house. He turned, just for a moment, to spit out the tobacco in his mouth out into the grass before resuming his course into the main room. Toward Malakesh. And he could see it in Kimsemus's eyes; it wasn't stone he was after. Kimsemus looks him up and down, then grins.

"Yer level 16, aren't ya? I can smell it on ya," Kimsemus grumbled. Malakesh was taken by surprise by the comment. Did he really look the part? True, it was the hottest level, but did he detect a bit of interest in Kimsemus's voice? Wait, why was he thinking about that? He had to focus on the deal. On the stone. Stones. Kimsemus certainly had some big ones to come unarmed...Malakesh shook his head and looked back up to meet him in the eye.

"The council has heard your demands for the stone and is willing to negotiate-" but Malakesh couldn't continue. Kimsemus continued to stride through the room, toward Malakesh.

"I ain't no landlubber. It's not about the stone. But perhaps," Kimsemus purred, "ye could offer me something more."

So it's true. Malakesh blushed. Kimsemus was a goonfucker, just like him. And now that they were together...Malakesh spoke: "This is quite unprofessional. I'm flattered by your advances, but this-"

"Shhh," Kimsemus interrupted, leaning in close. Malakesh's back was against the wall now. Kimsemus gingerly took off Malakesh's admiral hat with one hand while he reached for the kraken tentacle mounted by the fireplace. "Nobody needs to know. It's not like this is happening on an American server."

Malakesh couldn't say no to that. And truth be told, he always wanted to be taken on a ride by Kimsemus's big red boat. They leaned closer, and let their feelings lead them from there.

Why did you stop? :catstare:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Well, finally hit 22/0 on thunderstruck trees. I have turned this into my personal battle, a war to out-Korea Korea. Neither side is giving up. I will continue to plant rumbling trees and they will continue to not give me lightning strikes. ArcheAge balance will be maintained.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ugh. The nerve of some people!

*ports to Sugoi House*

No consideration for us Involuntary Singles!

*unzips pants*

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

The flag of Hello Kitty sailed proudly over Sandcloud today. Unfortunately, the ship can't get onto the very top of the spire because it involves shooting through the ground, and going over corners that registers as a different surface or something and cuts the harpoon. You can theoretically get around that by bugging the harpoon to shoot and attach to the thin air nearby, but getting the right angle to right your ship and land would be a pain in the rear end.

This game is still pretty fun, if a bit lacking in focus. There's no drama in Goon Squad anymore, and we've been hitting up fun runs quite a bit, gearing people up, and just generally being chill. If West isn't restricted, and you're remotely interested in playing, it's a fairly good time to log in while everyone else is busy with WoD or whatever.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

sawshuh posted:

I talk about my girlfriend all the time and they're really supportive about it.

what's her threadcount?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Much like the men in a 90's sitcom, goons have wives but just don't want to be reminded of them while fishing.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
...how?

HOW?! :psyduck:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Malakesh posted:

Where does this puppet master thing keep coming from? I don't see it in my posts. I also don't subscribe to the Widestancer fan club so that apparently is reason to get ostracized I guess. I have pretty much parroted the same poo poo you imp zoners have done in this thread and the ones before it except I made it intentionally unfunny to prove a point and also because you lot are loving retarded and have done nothing but drag SA further into the shitter, this thread especially.
At one time games was not a complete cesspit. I guess those days are over.
I can't even ironically make fun of you without someone saying I'm angry about something.

Edited for punctuation because I am a grammar nazi.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Malakesh posted:

Oh Excuse me you said troll master, someone else said puppet master. Clearly there is a difference :eng101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHccHj0th_Y

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Heh yeah guys it's no big deal really. No actual drama or rage. Remember when Kim got kicked from other games because goons can't behave like adults? Oh man. Classic goons.

Haha we can look back and laaaaugh. Hifives all around, doges

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Heh nice try :smug:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Frohike and I wanted to experience the joys of fishing and take it to new, unheard of levels. So, we jumped on a passing fishing boat to join them and show them the world.

Fishermen apparently do not share a love of knowledge and exploration that we do!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Hmm a bunch of people are calling you retarded. Truly they are wrong and just part of the imp zone shadow council and it's not at all because you really are retarded and your parents just called you special a bunch because they wanted to delude themselves from shame.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Phish

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Her avatar is quite appropriate you see. Malakesh and Arcade are represented by the pilgrim hat Metroid and we are but the mindless Samus being coerced by the true leaders here

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I want a firefly glider, trion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

archeage is really bad and i regret spending any money on it. oh well

Eh, it was worth $15 imo but no way I'll come back with a massive repopulation of the servers. Last week was kind of the last straw when we were running around without anyone to pirate and none of the zones were going into peace for at least Eurotruck Sim funtimes.

Now I'm on the WoD train and it is goooood

• Locked thread