Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
I thought the first page of this thread was pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

gas yet another stupid archeage thread.

solution found do that

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Fauxtool posted:

What is the state of non GS guilds on azanreb?

The pirate guild seems to be doing pretty well

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
oh is there more than one pirate guild now?

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Umbreon posted:

Hey Kimsemus, I know its not my place to say this as I'm not even a west goon, but do you think you'd have more fun in archeage as an actual pirate?

I'm not saying you're wrong about anything, it just feels like you'd honestly have alot more fun as a full-on pirate and free to pillage and kill whoever you want.

Stop that, nobody wants him pooping up growlgate.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

I personally had a great time leading pirate content with one of the largest pirate fleets we've had in awhile, and we were able to have fun while respecting our fishing agreements 100%. Even though DBRB and others cried so much to Riyott he had to leave his IRL Friends and rush home to try and ban me on mumble, once everyone in the channel explained I, and the others did nothing wrong, he left satisfied that the pirates, once again, were on the right side of justice.

then what happened?

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Goons are too busy calling each other pedophiles and getting mad about fish to sit and concentrate on something like the kraken.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
:allears:

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Whaaaat, a system of unyielding and inflexible reactionism based on proximity and rumors is unstable, and is causing unending goontears?

:wth:

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Widestancer posted:

No he should keep posting this is really funny

true but not for the reasons you think

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Widestancer posted:

Why is it funny to you

Because to me it seems like no one has been able to sever ties to someone who actively defended a dude who thinks loving kids is okay and that's really what could have solved all of this.

Why is that so hard for you people.

Oh, it's funny to me because a thread full of people display a startling lack of communication skills and emotional maturity, unendingly name-calling and throwing their poo poo over a dumb videogame.

This thread has whatever the emotional version of herpes is.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Widestancer posted:

How would you discuss the enabling of sexual predators in a mature manner other than suggesting that people who do so go out like Kurt Cobain and livestream it so that we have something funny to show from their sad little lives?

Well, I would probably give some consideration to the many people that say Sct's explanation of events mirrors their own*, and take his numerous apologies into consideration within that framework. Or not, but if you don't then it might still be a good example not to call everyone who does a child rapist.

*this explanation being that sct heard everything about BFM in a joking context and that the reality was explained to him as being blown out of context and not anything close to the horrific crime that we now understand occurred.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Goon Squad gets billed as a chill group that isn't super spergy

What games have you ever played where this is true

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Widestancer posted:

Holy loving poo poo are you really going back to the "well it was all jokes" thing even though that's A: retarded and B: been blown out of the water?

I am explaining my experience as an Alpha goon and Goon Squad from day 1 of the headstart. I don't really care if you believe me or not?

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Carol Pizzamom posted:

The quality of playing Games with Goons has really gone down hill over the years. I realize sounds like something a huge nerd, and a total dork, would say (and you would be correct) but I used to play some stuff, like Ultima Online free-shards with goons, even before I registered an account, and everyone was really carefree, funny, easy to talk to, and would always be having a good time. I feel like some time around when Eve came out a bunch of people joined for that sort of stuff, and now we have those kinds of people everywhere. The experience I've had more recently is entirely goons not doing anything fun, being way too high-strung, and armchair video game commanders power tripping and trying to manipulate common goons into funneling them money.

Basically, I'm real disappointed in ya'll. Can't have a good time anymore around these parts

:ssh: there are plenty of people like this in other goon guilds besides Goon Squad

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Widestancer posted:

No one has to believe you because SCT admitted in his own apology literally that he was "trying to sweep it under the rug" and stated that "it didn't even happen in America". You do remember that, right?

Yeah, he was referring to his understood narrative, which is what BFM told him happened: that someone lied to him about their age before having sex.

We now understand that what really happened is BFM is a sociopath who mentally abused and raped a girl, and Sct's words (which were already bad, I'm not denying that), look absolutely reprehensible in hindsight.

You can believe any narrative you like, I'd prefer you talked about it with some maturity, but more than anything it's pretty :psyduck: for me to be called a "PC SJW oval office" everywhere else on the internet then come here and be called a pedophile.

GlazedMcGuffin fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 31, 2014

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

apseudonym posted:

Goon Squad should just be renamed to :regd08:

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Everyone should join Kimsemus' guild.

Lol

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
There are how many goon splinters now? 6?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

There is a truly surprising amount of people in the guild that are entirely wrapped up in wanting to be the first and best to whip out 'LUL U MAD BRO, SO MAD, SO SALTY, I'M PUPPET MASTERING YOU, I LOVE WATCHING DRAMA IT'S FUNNY'. I have never seen a goon guild with so many people so dedicated to trying to piss off other goons. As in, that is their sole and frequently stated desire. It's really bizarre.

Yep. This is why it's so much easier to just play in small groups with people that are emotionally well-adjusted (or at least as adjusted as goons can be).

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Arrg is one of the people i explicitly and repeatedly told about bfm like 6 months ago

Aarg is an idiot.

Edit to add that Aarg is a super big dumb idiot, and that is awful, and also accurate as far as I could tell when I asked him about it and lost my faith in humanity.

GlazedMcGuffin fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 1, 2014

• Locked thread