Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've never played Archeage before and I wanted to check this game out and form my own opinion. It sounds like right now is a terrible time to do that though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

Run the other direction.

Besides crippling server issues, what else is bad about the game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wicked goons! :witch:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finndo posted:

I agree with you on the first point. For the second point, it looked like there was an actual potential new player and he was being given completely skewed, negative information from the people in the first category. That's why I posted, anyway -- I'd like to see new players come into the game.

I'm gonna download this tonight before bed and will play tomorrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zizi posted:

The irony here to me is that when I finally decided to give up trying to have fun in AA, I was so burnt on it that I basically went "okay, so gently caress sandboxes, I want a MMO to play that I can log in, find something reasonably fun to do within 5 minutes, do it for like an hour or two. If it is NOT some kind of high fantasy poo poo that's a plus".

Whiiiiich... is pretty much SWTOR. So I went back, and with expansion 2 now kicking, there's a bunch of stuff to do and the cash shop has gotten pretty tolerable with time, moreso if you're willing to throw down some bucks for a sub instead.

This is it. This is the game that made me happy to return to SWTOR. :negative:

SWTOR is easily one of the best MMORPGs right now. Like in the top 5 best MMOs, and completely underrated because the launch was so bad, and the cash shop to those who don't understand how it works, looks terrible, causing them to avoid the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zizi posted:

Well, and some of the core game features Bioware was leaning heavily on and hyping hardcore just didn't pan out like they wanted. Which is still an issue but the game's improved so much overall that it's not a really big deal anymore. Endgame content has probably been historically the biggest flaw, but that's come together a lot over time, so...

EDIT: Also there's a bunch of active chillax goons having fun there, so that puts it loads above AA alone.

For sure! I played a lot of SWTOR over the summer with goons and it was a lot of fun. We raided a couple times a week and did a lot of content together. It was drama free and chill.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bauxite posted:

I just love that AA's dumpster fire was a bigger story than titan's cancellation

:allears:

A Blizzard canceled game is nothing surprising, especially when we knew nothing about Titan anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bauxite posted:

It's a bigger deal than another kmmo being lovely. Blizzard's canceled like what, 3 games at this point that we know about? And how many lovely kmmos are there? (all of them)

I guess so. I'm a pretty huge Blizzard fan and Titans cancellation did nothing for me. I was more broken up about StarCraft Ghosts. I guess if I knew more about what Titan was suppose to be I would have cared, but all I ever heard about the game was rumors, and none of it was interesting.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah, you haven't been able to do that for like a year now.

Is this like what happened with Age of Conan where you use to be able to kick players off of cliffs with your horse?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It looks like no goons play this anymore but I thought I would give this a try anyways; I want to make a melee DPS build but this games whole choose three classes thing really confuses me. I was wondering if someone could recommend a build for me to do?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Save yourself a lot of trouble and be an abolisher

Do you have a build you could link to? I was thinking of trying this one: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/336184/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What server are you all on? I picked Morpheus which I guess is where everyone is now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What do you not like about Archeage? Is there anything specifically I should avoid? Without saying the game itself. I just want to get a dude to the level cap and then call it good. There is no such thing as interesting end game content in an MMO.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

I feel like you have achieved some sort of MMOHMO nirvana. Teach me your ways.

I've been playing MMO's since 1998, in all of my years of playing them I just feel like end game content is nothing but frustration. They all have the exact same grind for gear and doing boring group content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am enjoying Archeage so far. Level 32 and moving along at a real nice pace through the PvE content. I see myself sticking with this game for awhile. The player population seems pretty dead now though, I very rarely see others and when I do they are all level 55.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LesbianCharizard posted:

I play every day at Morpheus. Have not seen or get in touched with any SA/Goon, but i know they are hidding somewhere.
Feel free to contact me.

IGN: JudithOhara / Morpheus Server / Nuia Island (west)

I guess my nation is West Ishvara? I don't know if we are different factions or not. IGN is omgitsbees

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The ships and cars are the best part of this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is true, we are scattered about. No real intention of getting anything organized I think, this game is mostly dead from what i've seen. I mean I am enjoying playing it but I never see any players around.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just hit level 50 but I am not sure where I am suppose to go now?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

Into the corner where you can quietly cry as you contemplate the decisions in your life that led you to play this game after it has been very thoroughly exposed as A Bad Game.

No, I can't do this yet, i'm level 51 now there is still 4 more levels to go before I cry about it. That is on the top of my list of things to do though.

KirbyKhan posted:

From there it seems like you can get on the crafted gear treadmill of progression.

I'm sorry, endgame was a mess when I was in for launch. The only option seemed to get into whatever sandbox corner and be content either clicking on cotton bundles, playing Auction House Simulator 2008, or feeding mats into a guild leader so he can play BIS roulette.

It sounds like crafted gear is the only option left. Nothing on the auction house is above level 50, I guess all of that gear is bind on pickup? Not enough players left in the game for group content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hakimashou posted:

uninstall the game

I can't yet, i've come this far. I can only reach level cap on lovely dead MMORPGs and so I have to do it for this one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Meskhenet posted:

so who is reinstalling and logging in to save their name?

And how are the 'original' merged servers? are they they vibrant hive of activity that trion said they would be or the ghost towns that the players said they would be?

The only high population server is still a ghost town. So the server mergers really didn't fix anything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never mind, i'm sorry everyone i've let you all down I can't do it i'm done at level 51.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Just an FYI for people who think they might return to this great game, make sure to log in and claim from your account page the returning or legacy pack before June 28th. Among other things, it basically hands you a full set of gear that puts you around 4k gear score.

Okay this was worth logging back into for. The armor you get is actually cool looking and on females isn't creepy Korean armor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Meskhenet posted:

So how much have you sunk in this already?

Like $30? :kiddo: Not planning on spending anymore. I only logged in for that shiny free armor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Archeage is absolutely designed around punishing players not willing to spend money. There is an appalling amount of apologists on the official forum in defense of this model.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Could we please have a new Archeage Thread for Stable Normal Page Numbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I made a new thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853929 but I don't know if there are enough people to give a poo poo at this point.

• Locked thread