Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

"What'll ya' have?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

quote:

Team gently caress you TITAN! ロンドン楽しかったです!! 次は日本だ!!#FF14 #FFXIV

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/526116780595757056

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Get poo poo on, T11 down by Lucrezia.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

Here's my guy: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5884857/ I upgraded my wand, head, shield and earring after they told me my gear sucked, but I don't know what to do about the rings since they seem pretty rare at low level.

Not generally, but I had to use it frequently in the poison dragon fight because every time I came back to the tank after throwing an esuna and/or cure on someone else he was at like 20%. I ran about halfway through the dungeon with two other parties as well, and it seems like the tanks drop much faster then they did in previous dungeons.

I was having trouble on Brayflox's last boss as WHM too, and the #1 thing that made me stop going OOM and praying to various gods was simply: don't Esuna everyone immediately. Only Esuna people if they have two stacks of poison, and even then you should only immediately do so on the tank, the dps can deal with it. It does 28 damage a tick per stack, which is negligible when it's just at 1 stack.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Do you have a regen on the tank? If not, put a regen on them. I see a lot of newer WHMs not using regen, and that's just bad. Treat regen on your tank in a boss fight like a DOT on an enemy. Shoot for 100% uptime.

Also, a regen on a DPS will more than cover any of the poison dots from the boss.

Regen is level 35, cap for Brayflox is 34. :v:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Is there an online collection of pics of as many furniture items as possible? I'd like to preview how furnishings look without spending thousands of gil or typing each item into google one at a time.

edit: I suppose xivdb works, but still, any other places?

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 10, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Getsuya posted:

Monk questions: Am I right in assuming the main use of Perfect Balance is to get back up to GL3 as fast as possible? In my mind the only time I can picture using it is in a big boss battle after they've just used a long AoE where all my buff timers ran out, I run back up to the boss, pop Perfect Balance and Snap Punch him 3 times in a row. Is that pretty much right on? Is there any other time I would want to use it?

Also how important is One-Ilm Punch in endgame? I'm trying to organize my action bar and I don't know what priority to give it. It's nice in solo because some enemies get stuck in an AI loop of wanting to make sure their buffs stay up so you can almost stun-lock them with it, but will people be depending on me in a dungeon to debuff bosses and stuff? Should I be ready to work it into my rotation as a normal thing? Or is it just super situational where I only need to pull it out every once in a while?

Perfect Balance's sole job is to get your stacks back up, yeah. Personally my PB rotation is Demolish -> Snap Punch -> Snap Punch -> Twin Snakes -> Dragon Kick.

One-Ilm Punch isn't used in endgame at all.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Are there any Dragoons around that are using the Wootz Mail set that can snap a few pics? I see a lot of the i110 tank Wootz armor but very little of the Mail.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Until then, someone could use a recruitment code to try out FF14 on the PC!

GHFZU8RE

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

queeb posted:

Thinking of changing my highlander male into a roegadame, good idea? y/n

The best idea.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Expert roulette a'int loving around this time.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Tepplen posted:

Alright so after some recent raiding and dungeoning, I've kinda had to take a step back and re-evaluate my tanking methods. A lot of people I have seen throughout the internet and in game have mentioned how easy it is to grab and hold aggro with a ton of mobs, and at first I thought it was just because I was semi-behind on gear. But now that I am sitting at i106 on both WAR and PLD, and still having issues with the initial grabbing and holding of aggro, I think the problem is honestly just me. Once I do have hold on a boss or mobs for more than 5-7 seconds I tend to keep their attention till they are dead, but man, those initial grabs just feel incredibly sloppy on my part, and I don't even know what it is specifically I am doing wrong.

For those of you more tank savvy, how do you grab and hold those mobs attention?

If you're talking about trash pulls, the best thing to do for WAR is remember that you have Infuriate: pop it pre-pull, Tomahawk whatever you want dead first, Steel Cyclone. Overpower until your guts fall out (because your healer sucks) or until you hit 500 TP, in which case tab around to see how you're doing on threat. To be even better, make sure you have 5 Wrath before all the mobs are dead so you can run to the next group(s) uninterrupted, because sometimes even large pulls take less than a minute. Boss pulls: Infuriate, Berserk, Tomahawk, Steel Cyclone. Depending on how good your DDs are, the Berserk might be unnecessary, but if you have NINs/DRGs I recommend it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Cloud Strife outfit announced as a 720 day veteran reward. Get your dress up on, nerds.

(also a lot of stuff about Gold Saucer that'll be translated by the community team sometime next week maybe)

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

bleuraindrops posted:

T10.

We're pushing the phase where we don't have caster lb3 for the second set of adds. We've been holding dps to get lb3 but I'm wondering what others are doing.

Use caster LB2 on the set of son/daughter that you're going to kill first, so you can free up that tank to grab the third set.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

bleuraindrops posted:

We kind of have a rotating casts of DPS. Last night we had duplicate jobs and two being newish, so although I think our dps is overall good, people get confused on kill order. We're also killing one add per tank but it sounds like we should have a tank grab the two new ones. We definitely have the dps for that but they had said it was too difficult to grab the adds from across the room when we tried initially. Do you have the PLD or WAR grab the new ones?

Thanks all!

As a WAR, my group kills my set of adds first and I grab the two new ones with a combination of steel cyclone and tomahawk. Either way it probably doesn't matter, just get into position quickly.

edit: We also do the entire fight within the innermost circle more or less, so the adds aren't that far away to grab.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I've always thought that to make Triple Triad really fun, you'd need to make it best-of-three (especially without the open rule), have a sideboard of cards (or whatever it's called where you have a reserve of cards to swap between matches) and Random would only select between your 5-card hand and your sideboard.

If you cheesed how rules spread/abolished in FF8 then TT was absurdly easy, if you didn't it was probably more of a hassle as rules piled up. The ability for the challenged to choose the rules is nice, at least, and not losing cards means I'm more likely to gently caress around with all the gimmick rules.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal. :smug:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Shin-Zantetsuken starts casting at 15% or 6:15 into the fight, whichever comes first.

When I saw it pop up with 28% left to go on Odin, I swore off the DF for that fight forever.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Raubahn's TT card has a 2 on the right side. IT WAS FORESHADOWING (sadly it was the wrong arm)

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The costume that keeps on giving.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Paperweight posted:

After seeing the updates, I almost want to play this again after being away for almost a year. Please talk me out of it.

Welcome back!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fun uses for holmgang: you can interrupt casts of lots of spells/skills as long as you're towards the max range for holmgang because you'll actually pull the mob towards you. Ahk Morn is another fun one.

Please tell me you have a video of this.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Rei_ posted:

I think what happened is that they assumed you meant Holmgang used at max range interrupts Akh Morn, when you just meant it's one of like the two times I'd actually say it's a useful cooldown besides Giant Baravoir

This is what happened, yes.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Actually, it's pretty simple and I was just thinking about this: Lolorito wants the refugees out and dealt with; he made that clear in 2.2. Ilberd wants his country back. Both want the Garleans to not threaten Eorzea and are likely looking for a force that is proven against the Garleans.

Oh. Right.

Basically what I think the set-up is going to be is a three-way pact between Monetarist Ul'dah, the Ala Mhigan refugees that Ilberd can call to his banner, and Dravania. The former two help undermine Ishgard and help Dravania ultimately destroy it; in return, the Dravanians agree to fight the Garleans not only if they try to go deep into Eorzea but if they ever even try to cross the land-bridge again, and they help take back Ala Mhigo. Ilberd and the rest of the Mhigans get their country back, and what does Lolorito get? An allied army of dragons to keep Garlemald at a comfortable distance, and a sympathetic government in Ala Mhigo who owes Ul'dah everything. It's wins all around and accomplishes most of Lolorito's strategic goals for Ul'dah.

It does likely leave Ul'dah in a position of antagonism against Gridania and Limsa, but I think Lolorito wrote both of those states off as soon as he got wind of Nanamo meeting with Kan-e and Merlwyb (and you know he must have). They were never fans of the Monetarists to begin with, and so he knows it'll probably come to some fighting to at least pacify those two states as well; hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't an Eorzean version of :godwin: Molotov–Ribbentrop currently under the table, wherein Dravania gets all of Coerthas with guarantees that "spoken" will not try to re-settle it, Ala Mhigo finally gets the Twelveswood out of revenge for the Autumn War (which, in a sense, kind of "started" this whole mess) and thus gets to put a lot of little horned not-kids to the sword, and Ul'dah gets Vylbrand and a chance to finally put a real end to the piracy that's been bleeding Monetarist shipping for decades on end.

Basically, while it'll involve a fair bit of conflict in the short term, in the end it gets Lolorito what he wants: sympathetic governments on his borders and security against powers outside of Eorzea. It's his version of the Eorzean Alliance, just one with a more cynical, looking-out-for-number-one realpolitik bent.

Which makes it a perfect opponent for a newly-revitalized Eorzean Alliance that's got Ishgard back in the fold at last, Kan-e and Merlwyb united more than ever, and has what is now the Republic-of-Ul'dah-In-Exile burning for vengeance.

What I'm saying is, while I had some beef with the details of the actual execution of the finale in-game, if that trailer is telling the truth at all, this expansion is gonna own, and we might have some seriously compelling villains on our hands this time.

I'm gonna be real sad when this doesn't happen

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

No, they are evil potatos.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The answer to "why bother doing swiftcast->flare->convert when I can use swiftcast/convert in times where I gently caress up my rotation" is "don't gently caress up your rotation and you will be able to swiftcast->flare->convert."

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I'm against cutting out the filler because I didn't know you could jump on that large-rear end pipe at the North Thanalan Ceruleum Plant until I did it for a quest.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Bah, the kobolds fired first on Limsa Lominsa, at the Red Rooster Stead, by leaving the tunnels and attacking the nearby farmland! It's a questline that starts around level 5 or 7 or whatever, which is totally chronologically before titan, ergo gently caress the kobolds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The Chairman posted:

I'm tempted to just close this thread until Friday

Close it until after early access, 90% of those posts in that time will just be "i got in!!" "Wtf 1015" "I CAN'T GET IN" "This is bullshit s-e" "is the goon shell on excalibur????"

• Locked thread