Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Just finished the last one I needed for 100% marks (some hard, most normal) for every non-tainted character besides Lost and J&E (gently caress trying to 100% those characters). Coming from the Flash days and playing the new version since Day 1, this is a long time coming and it Feels Good Man. I no longer have the time or the skills to chase a real 100% so this it. I'll peck away at all the tainted characters as I've unlocked all but one but as far as I am concerned I've "beat" BoI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

neato burrito posted:

Just finished the last one I needed for 100% marks (some hard, most normal) for every non-tainted character besides Lost and J&E (gently caress trying to 100% those characters). Coming from the Flash days and playing the new version since Day 1, this is a long time coming and it Feels Good Man. I no longer have the time or the skills to chase a real 100% so this it. I'll peck away at all the tainted characters as I've unlocked all but one but as far as I am concerned I've "beat" BoI.

Yeah, right buddy. This is definitely it. You’re definitely not going to set a new goal for yourself and keep striving. You’re satisfied for good now. Sure thing pal. We’ve all said that.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Ariong posted:

Yeah, right buddy. This is definitely it. You’re definitely not going to set a new goal for yourself and keep striving. You’re satisfied for good now. Sure thing pal. We’ve all said that.

i remember when i told myself this after completing my first save file

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well, now what?

Ariong posted:

Uh, yeah ditto on this one

Edit: :lol: it also changed the home screen

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PostNouveau posted:

Well, now what?

do it again on a console :evilbuddy:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PIZZA.BAT posted:

do it again on a console :evilbuddy:

I refuse to go back to the bad old days before the item description mod

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

I refuse to go back to the bad old days before the item description mod

Literally the reason I picked it up again was to get back to parity with the Switch version but with item descriptions in

Speaking of, the title still holds true, I'm very mad online because I made it to Delirium with a killer Lost build with 8 lives and 2 teleports, literally died the first time as it was going into its death animation, then slowly watched myself get telefragged every single other attempt I made.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

woke kaczynski posted:

Literally the reason I picked it up again was to get back to parity with the Switch version but with item descriptions in

Speaking of, the title still holds true, I'm very mad online because I made it to Delirium with a killer Lost build with 8 lives and 2 teleports, literally died the first time as it was going into its death animation, then slowly watched myself get telefragged every single other attempt I made.

OK getting mad online works bc I just got it but it's still bullshit!!!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

woke kaczynski posted:

OK getting mad online works bc I just got it but it's still bullshit!!!

Any obstacle in BoI is surmountable if you just bang your head against the wall for long enough

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
what if the obstacle was me all along

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Fattest PI posted:

what if the obstacle was me all along

:shrug: Hold R?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I've been chasing the T. Lost Delirium check so long, that I think it will break my brain when I play a "regular" character again.

This is the biggest roadblock I've hit since the Greedier check for the Lost.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if the build I finally win with isn't Book of Shadows w/ several battery items.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I've been chasing the T. Lost Delirium check so long, that I think it will break my brain when I play a "regular" character again.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if the build I finally win with isn't Book of Shadows w/ several battery items.

For me it’s the Beast… i keep being stupid on the ascent

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

The game feels shockingly easy with other characters after extended tainted lost runs to the big bosses.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Didnt feel that was the case wjth certain characters. T laz was still miserable even after getting every t lost mark. You really miss that damage multiplier after a while

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!
I am dreading TLost. Going to have to start that grind soon, though, almost done with all the non-Tainted marks.

Spent some time working on regular Lost's Boss Rush/Hush mark, and hilariously found Hush easier than Boss Rush. Managed to clear Hush on my first try with one hit, but died doing Boss Rush due to a stray death bullet from a boss killed off screen.

This further cements my opinion Hush is the most "difficult, but fair" boss the game has to offer. Sure, the bullet patterns are hectic, but they're all carefully planned and... work? No random shenanigans, no undodgable patterns, no warp speed bullets from offscreen coming to snipe you, no telefragging giant feet.

Any advice for Lost's Boss Rush mark? In particular, ideas for how to deal with the random/erratic nature of the randomized boss pairs?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Xaiter posted:

no undodgable patterns

When he speeds up he can do the sinewave continuum tears that wrap around the edge of the screen, retreat into the ground then instapopout and send out the pillars of tears that chase you and that has killed multiple lost and tlost runs for me. If they fixed that single thing id be right there with you.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ArfJason posted:

When he speeds up he can do the sinewave continuum tears that wrap around the edge of the screen, retreat into the ground then instapopout and send out the pillars of tears that chase you and that has killed multiple lost and tlost runs for me. If they fixed that single thing id be right there with you.

I think we've gotta assume this isn't getting fixed at this point, along with the Delirium telefrag glitch.

Didn't the guy who tweeted that he accidentally broke Hush with the Repentence update leave the project for good? It's unclear to me if they still have anyone working on updates with him gone.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I think we've gotta assume this isn't getting fixed at this point, along with the Delirium telefrag glitch.

Didn't the guy who tweeted that he accidentally broke Hush with the Repentence update leave the project for good? It's unclear to me if they still have anyone working on updates with him gone.

Nicalis and Edmund Mcmillen himself is back at working directly on the next Isaac update, like they did with Afterbirth and Afterbirth+. The main Repentance dev, Kilburn, left development in April 2023.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Nicalis and Edmund Mcmillen himself is back at working directly on the next Isaac update, like they did with Afterbirth and Afterbirth+.
Uh... I'll pass.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 22, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i would prefer if they do, in fact, fix their bullshit bosses

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

i would prefer if they do, in fact, fix their bullshit bosses

So would I, but Edmund is a sadist that loves torturing his playerbase so he will almost certainly just add even more bullshit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Nicalis and Edmund Mcmillen himself is back at working directly on the next Isaac update, like they did with Afterbirth and Afterbirth+. The main Repentance dev, Kilburn, left development in April 2023.

Yikes, yeah :rip: those fixes

I mean, I'll play their updates of course, but not ideal

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yeah vinh leaving basically guaranteed delirium won't get fixed

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
I love this guy so much I am willing to admit he gonna die on the internet

Lazarus with Gas Giant, Pay to win, and a Meat Boy

I call him Big Pimpin, and the smiles are so drat goofy

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

ArfJason posted:

oh yeah, I think that was the attack that clipped my Holy Mantle during the fight. I was still pretty sure it was just a bad dodge, and it could have been a bad dodge on top of an impossible attack. I'll have to pay closer attention to it next time.

Xaiter fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 23, 2024

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Xaiter posted:

oh yeah, I think that was the attack that clipped my Holy Mantle during the fight. I was still pretty sure it was just a bad dodge, and it could have been a bad dodge on top of an impossible attack. I'll have to pay closer attention to it next time.

yeah if those two patterns overlap its insanely hard to dodge, nearly impossible.
same deal with the tears that split several times + the pillars of tears that home in on you. if those overlap too you can kiss your lost goodbye.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I despise that the pillars chase you as fast as they do, it feels like an unnecessarily nasty speed check

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Im pretty sure their movement speed is tied to yours buuuuut for some ungodly reason if you make a turn because, say, theres a wall or youre running into hush himself, they can turn a corner tighter than you and will eventually hit you if you have a slow speed stat. Its such a shitshow to take care of it overlaps with another pattern

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That’s exactly why they’re so bad, they match your speed but not consistently so, and if you slip up only higher speed for fast reaction can save you (while having to ultra-instinct though lovely continuum waves)

But yeah at least it’s not Delirium

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I mixed in pursuit of some of the harder marks (big boss Tainted Lost/J&E type stuff) with getting the ones for easy characters, which I think helped even out the grind a lot. For all the complaining people do about Delirium or rationalizing cheating their way through all the characters they don't want to play, I don't think any of it was as annoying as knocking out Ultra Hard.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Brosnan posted:

I mixed in pursuit of some of the harder marks (big boss Tainted Lost/J&E type stuff) with getting the ones for easy characters, which I think helped even out the grind a lot. For all the complaining people do about Delirium or rationalizing cheating their way through all the characters they don't want to play, I don't think any of it was as annoying as knocking out Ultra Hard.

I always found it easier myself to lock in on those characters and do it all at once. Gets you in the mindset of playing the character successfully. Like you play several Tainted Lost runs in a row and you're automatically standing on the rocks in the room, or you're automatically super aggro in picking up vanishing coins for Tainted Keeper.

Different strokes though. I could see how mixing it in would keep the frustration level down.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

At this point even Ultra Hard seems tame, I'm surprised that old Edmund hasn't forced a mandatory character whose gimmick is that they die in 1 hit with no mantles possible even through holy cards, with lovely base starting stats, no flight, all enemies champion, luck has no effect on anything, no pickups, every curse always active, no Q4 items, Hush, Delirium, and Mega Satan mandatory, no shops, and no unlocks besides an Edmund video clip that shouts "gently caress you for liking this game" - seems like it be right up the alley of the increasingly old man

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ultra Hard seems tame compared to what??? It feels like eating sand.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

No Wave posted:

Ultra Hard seems tame compared to what??? It feels like eating sand.

Yes, it is, but after time and T.Lost and Jacob and etc it sort of melts into the same tier of difficult hurdles, leaving me surprised Edmund hasn't tryhard even harder with something even worse to further spite players.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Has anything other than online coop been mentioned for further development? I've seen nothing regarding new content.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i dont think they are doing new content anymore delirium will be poo poo forever

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i could see them put out something for rebirth's tenth anniversary in november

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

For me it’s the Beast… i keep being stupid on the ascent

Finally got em, that sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!
I have wasted so much time on Lost Boss Rush.

Doesn't matter how overpowered I am when I get there - 0 frame Bloat Eye beams/Adversary curved brimstone got my last attempt, soon as they spawned. This is up there with Delirium levels of "gently caress you" RNG.

Been restarting for the better part of 2 hours and haven't seen Gnawed Leaf once, unfortunately. Ugh. It really seems like the only reliable way of getting through it, since there's so many neigh unavoidable hits from bosses not designed to be fought in 2x2 rooms.