Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I feel like they really dropped the ball by not releasing this on Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm most excited for the first week (year) that nobody has any idea what anything new does. The code was all run through and wiki completed by the time I discovered the first game.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wonder if there are going to be new sins bosses. He covered all 7 already so I don't know how there would be more, but I also don't see there not being new miniboss sins.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I've never played without WoTL and I can't imagine wanting to either.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Mine is unlocked and playable. I don't know if it did it right at 1 or not I just looked now.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just went into a room and a big hand picked me up and teleported me to a different room.

Also I bombed open a room with a bed in it that refilled all my hearts.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 4, 2014

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Can you not use the mouse to shoot because I want to use the mouse to shoot.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I unlocked Lazarus through the magic of not paying attention and just grabbing everything.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jibo posted:

Monstro's Lung + a bunch of damage up = Death to everything

Was Monstro's Lung kind of buggy for you too? It felt like it was resetting the charge halfway through a lot to me.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

vandiar posted:

Anyone find out what the key donation machines pay out? I imagine the reward has to be amazing for that high of a cost

I found a key-begger who pooped out 2 grey chests for the 6 keys I had to give him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm on run like 6 of the day and only beat Moms foot twice :saddowns:. I never get anything broken.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Tear-charging items seem bugged to me. I just got Brimstone and it was doing the same thing another charge-shot thing did earlier where it keeps resetting itself as if I had let go of the arrow key but I didn't. Only being able to shoot 1/5th of the time makes it extremely frustrating.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why does everyone else get fun items and I'm stuck over here with loving Telepathy For Dummies.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Lol @ anyone playing without the smooth filter on.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm getting a lot of golden keys. They used to be fairly rare but I've seen enough already in Rebirth to make note of it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just got my first Heart kill, opened the chest, skipped the end cutscene, went to start a new game and instead of a character select is was a black screen that just said "Lost" then put me right into a new game as Isaac. Is this supposed to happen.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The D10 is has a goddamn evil mind of its own and should never be used. Sure go ahead and turn my room of little poops into loving mask of infamys.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I found something that absorbs 1 hit per room. Aka take no spike room damage and really easy no damage achievements :getin:

In other news, Skatole is still the best item in the game and still annoying how I need to spend half hour playing the loving shell game because it's so good.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 6, 2014

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

To anyone who hasn't noticed, playing the game gives you little steam inventory card things. They are literally useless and for dumb people, but you can sell them on the steam market for like 10 cents each. It doesn't sound like a lot but it adds up, selling dumb literally useless steam poo poo to nerds 5 cents at a time is how I got $10 to buy this game to begin with.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Somehow Cain of all characters is proving the hardest for me to unlock. Just need him and Judas, although Judas doesn't tell you how to get him. And ??? but I don't even know if he's still in the game to be honest.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

You are supposed to play the game with the item description wiki open in the background anyway.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I get that the whole point of this game is discovering stuff on your own, but why can't I get some kind of description of what items do after I get them logged in the book? This is mainly about trinkets since I have no idea what most of them do. I pick them up and try to see any obvious effects but for a lot of them nothing appears to happen. And since a bunch of them are RNG related I can run through the game without the trinket doing anything and I don't know if its because I'm using it wrong or the RNG is just loving with me.

Just seems weird to have a big book of items that is completely worthless since it gives no description.

Wait a week or two for the wiki to be filled out.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Anyone have more than 100 cents donated to the thing in the shop? I just hit 105 and it looks to keep going.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jibo posted:

Not far after that you get the level 2 shop which will give you four items most the time but some times three. Currently I'm at 165.

I got level 2 shop right at 100, I just meant it looks like it goes to level 3+. I'm wondering if it's going to be at 200 or 500 or what though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Azazel is terrible, charged shots are terrible, brimstone is terrible.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I feel like the big rooms are a little too common. I'd prefer if it was a rarer "treat" to see. But that's just me, and it's a super minor complaint.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The bone shooter guys are the loving worst. I hate them so much.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jedit posted:

People keep saying this, but for me Azazel is literally unplayable. His attack fails to fire or does a single tiny blip better than 75% of the time.

Before anyone says anything: yes, I do know how Brimstone works and I am waiting until it's charged.

Same here.

I really hope they patch in mouse aiming.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

SuicideSnowman posted:

Epic Fetus/Dr. Fetus trivialized the last game. I don't really see an issue with super powerful but rare items. If it's so powerful just make it extremely rare.

Has anyone seen these in rebirth? I haven't yet and I think they will be way worse with no mouse aiming.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Can someone link me the url.co.uk link that is supposedly a wiki or something? I've seen people linking it but can't find it now.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How are you guys past the heart/sheol already :saddowns: Isn't it like 10 heart kills to unlock the next levels?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

God I hate moms knife. I hate all charge tear items.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Is this because of keyboard problems? If not then you probably just haven't learnt how to use burst damage properly.

It is a lot of keyboard problems, but even in the original game with mouse support I hated brimstone and moms knife still. I've always liked Ipecac though and think it's better than both. Guess I'm just weird like that.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 7, 2014

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do none of the challenges have treasure rooms? I thought that was only the purist one.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't know how I've never noticed any but the first kind.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

So can someone spoil me on all the different levels/bosses there are. It took me a good while to get to the chest/??? boss fight in the original and it'll just be longer to get to whatever the hell is past that now.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If satan and hitler had a child it would be one of those loving cubone thrower things.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

When you kill an enemy with your tears, it turns into a friend blue spider, ready to explode itself on monsters. You can easily overwhelm most enemies with this.

Assaulting things with a ton of flies and spiders is one of the easiest ways to get through the game. They do insane damage compared to a regular tear, and if you get 2 or 3 items that spawn things you can just run through everything. I've had a lot of success with the cat paw thing that spawns 3 flies with a 1 room recharge. You can stack up a good ring of flies from easy rooms and unleash them at bosses and stuff.

Does my shop upgrades reset if I were to somehow bomb the donation machine under the level up thresholds? Or are they permanent.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

500 million dollar AAA titles have had way worse release bugs than this has. I still can't open Call of Duty: Ghosts I bought a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How is an 8 character seeds enough to be able to do every single possible game permutation? With random generation you would think there is an almost infinite number of games.