Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How does health regeneration work with the placenta? Is it just time based? Like if I stand still in a room for a while will I eventually fill up my hearts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

So is there anything after Mega Satan or is he the very last boss? How do you go about opening his door in the chest? And is there any news on the undiscovered playable character yet or how to unlock him?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do you still have to pick up every space bar item you see even if you don't want it to take it out of the item pool, or has that been changed from BOI1.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Are the stats bars in the pause menu just approximations? Like, is there a 3.5 damage or something, or is a 3 always the same exact 3?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I hope this game has weird secrets that aren't found for a long long time :allears:

Even if they are just programming fuckups. Those were still being discovered in the first game right up to now.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Streamer guy just unlocked The Lost by doing the die to specific things method.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Do you guys have any weird OCD or rituals in this game? I don't know why but for me ever since I first started playing this game I go down to the next floor by touching the cellar door from its top, every time.

I have a little ritual where whenever I get damaged by something I yell curses at my computer and smash my keyboard around.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What does "tears up/down" actually mean? Is it every tear related stat like range/damage/shot speed in one?

And what does faith up/down do?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

honestly i'm kind of sad that you're way less likely to see meat boy or bandage girl this time around. it was a cool series of upgrades.

You're crazy. Getting a meat cube or two or three every single run was boring.

What are the little stationary tentacle things that show up in the womb? Is it even possible for them to damage you?

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 11, 2014

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

God I loving hate dice rooms. I had such a baller ??? run going with Tech 2 and Ipecac and messed it all up by being greedy and not thinking it would roll me if I just took the items on the edge of the dice.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Will it take all my soul hearts down to 1 if I pick up dead cat as ???

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Brimstone is always terrible and ruins runs.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I can't seem to drop trinkets. It says my drop key is left control but it does nothing, even if I hold it down.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I hate how the ghost boss that starts with 3 little ghosts you have to kill can spawn in the basement. It's way too hard to be a level 1 boss.

Also the "you feel stompy" effect is super cool. I have a lot of fun smashing rocks and stuff.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm on a run right now as ??? with Holy Shield, Dark Bum, and the brimstone familiar. It's as if the game wants me to win.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

God I hate Azazel.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there a hack to do/spawn whatever you want yet like the one for the original game? I think it was called Spider-mod.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Guppy's Head is by far the best space bar item. Spawning flies with a 1 room recharge is almost overpowered.

What determines when you shoot a special tear effect? Is it based on luck?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just did the Pitch Black challenge, got Ipecac early and was breezing through it then accidentally got Tiny Planet. God drat is that a lovely item or what. I would have been so pissed if I didn't have familiars to carry me through the rest of the way and it's a challenge that ends at Mom. I love Ipecac but gently caress that was close.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

I see Crack The Sky is still completely loving worthless.

It's even more worthless in big rooms where it doesn't scale up and hits only the very center.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is bomb damage with Dr. Fetus tied to your regular damage stat?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Magres posted:

I scum basement 1 so hard. I don't even bother doing the boss, if my first item room isn't solid then I just restart. It's so much easier than doing dozens of garbage runs and hoping they turn around. If your first item room isn't some kind of "I can kill things better" or strong utility item, just hold R. Makes the game a lot more fun.

Wow look at Mr. Puts-work-into-the-game over here. I just hold R until there is a treasure room attached to the starting room with a good item in it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Why do people hate Pin? He's so easy and doesn't take long to beat either.

Right? This is the first I'm hearing of people not thinking Pin is the easiest boss in the game. You literally just stand at the bottom and he criss cross jumps at 5 miles per hour while you shoot him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I've been doing the challenges and it's like the game is making fun of me by giving me a ton of keys when there's no treasure rooms. But of course on regular runs I can't find a key to save my life.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just had one of those rooms with 2 flying heads that don't die until everything else in the room is killed, and a gap between the right side with one of those mulligan things that run away from you on a 1 width pathway. I couldn't reach him at all because I have tiny planet and after like 10 minutes of trying the game just said gently caress it and the heads popped and opened the doors for no apparent reason :shobon:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

IMJack posted:

First Chest win, first Mega Satan kill. I finally have Golden God. I am so far behind the rest of you guys...

I have 200 hours on the original game and 38 on rebirth and still haven't unlocked the polaroid or the negative. Honestly reading this thread makes me think half of you are some sort of binding of isaac savants talking about no-hitting mega satan with the lost.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Cursed Skull trinket will also teleport you if you get hit to half a heart.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Will the Money = Power item lower my damage if I have no coins, or can it only increase damage?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just got to the dark room for the first time and beat The Lamb without even getting hit as ???. He was disappointingly easy compared to regular Satan.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

loving christ I hate ludovico. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if mouse controls worked like the original :saddowns:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Has anyone figured out definitively if you lose shop upgrades by bombing the donation machine to below the threshold of the upgrade?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do steam sales stack? If I get two will things be 75% off in the shop?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What exactly does the Cancer trinket do?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I really really miss mouse aiming.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The wiki page for the goat head says

" Gives the player a half of a heart every 13 grubs stepped on. "

What the hell is a grub?

Also to someone who said something earlier about devil rooms sometimes disappearing after leaving and sometimes not, I think they only stay open after you leave if you have the goat head.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Nov 19, 2014

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is the upside down cross on the middle-right side of the post it note of completions for each character Satan or Isaac?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

So what exactly are the requirements for golden god? I just got it out of nowhere.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I can't even play as Isaac any more because of my crippling compulsion to never drop the D6 and to roll absolutely everything until it ends up being some piece of poo poo item and I'm out of charges.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Pyromaniac is such an amazingly good item. It almost feels like cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Slime posted:

It's powerful, but situational. It doesn't heal you if you've been getting mostly soul hearts and selling away your heart containers, and you'll rarely hurt yourself with explosives unless you have Dr Fetus or Ipecac. It also procs when Mom or Satan stomps on you, but honestly those fights aren't all that hard anyway. Being basically completely immune to Satan's third form is good fun, though.

Getting it when you have 30-99 bombs is cheating. You just heal yourself to full whenever you want, including abusing heart machines/devil beggars.