Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Color Printer posted:

Okay, so what's Rebirth?
First, watch this trailer. (Warning: sorta :nws: and definitely really weird and terrifying. Also may cause seizures.)

I was talking to a college friend I hadnt been in touch with for years, and while we were catching up she asks me if I've heard of the Binding of Isaac. I say yes, of course, and she proceeds to tell me about this video shoot that her friends did and that she went to where they got naked and danced around. I instantly knew what she was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Choco1980 posted:

Pre-ordered this AM, and I'm totally psyched.

That said, am I the only one who thinks the new pixel-art style actually seems like a significant downgrade to the original's look? I mean, I love pixel-art as much as the next dude, and I get that BoI was always meant to be a retro game experience, but the crisp clean artwork is kinda part of what makes BoI BoI.

Early on in Rebirth development a lot of people had this opinion, but it seems to be in the minority now. I mean, have you seen the recent pixel art in motion? Its looks pretty drat good. In any case Ed certainly didn't consider the artwork he used crisp and clean, iirc he said it was kind of rushed and sloppy in places for his taste. Although I think the point is moot really since isnt there an option to switch to an art style closer to the original?

e;fb

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

So when I try and pre-load on Steam, I get a message of 'Pre-load suspended' with the info saying 'Unable to pre-load (files still encrypted)'. Uh...?

Same with me. I wouldn't worry too much though, the game is only 449 MB, shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you live in Antartica or something.

Then again it is releasing Tuesday, and that is maintenance day...

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Can't you just say that the aesthetic doesnt feel the same to you? That seems more clear than whatever it is you are saying

Tbh it took a while for the aesthetic to grow on me. I didn't play the game even though I had it for a long while just because of the way it looked. Its still not exactly my jam, but the game was so fantastic I plat god'ed it.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Wow those new mommy spiders are genuinely creepy.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Met posted:

Have you tried unplugging the computer and blowing into the wall socket?

Yes; should I blow into the cable, do you think the internet pipes are clogged? :ohdear:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Just started playing, its everything I wanted and more. Still getting used to it though, kinda like going from classic Spelunky to HD, albeit not as much of a difference in gameplay.

I did just kill a rainbow colored poop in a big room though, and an image of a rainbow popped up briefly, but I didnt notice anything else. What's up with that?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Penvellyn posted:

When I've broken them open I've noticed that it fully healed me but I'm not sure if anything else is tied to it.

Ah, that might've been it, I had full health already.

I just beat Mom's Heart 1st time I got to her. I'm not entirely sure what I had, but I know it was double shot, homing, fear, pentagram, the mark, money=power with 60 pennies, near max tears, and a buddy that spat out friendly blue spiders constantly. It died in less than 15 seconds :devil:

e: also unlocked azazel that run

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

IronicDongz posted:

Also, first Guppy run! :toot:

Still just as good. Now for the other transformations, whatever they are.

I got guppy on my 4th run, although I'm not sure what the 3rd item was cause it def wasnt dead cat or the tail and I had picked up the head and paw. Guppy's swinging tail was so :3:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

CJacobs posted:

Wow man, that's just mean, game.

I know

How do you break/get past these blocks anyway? Is the only way to fly over them?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Ariong posted:

Could someone please tell me the name of the item that is teleporting me into a random room every time I get hit as Eve so that I can write its name down on a piece of paper and then throw that piece of paper into a volcano?? That poo poo is beyond irritating.

Probably the cursed eye, the charge up and then rapid fire like 4 shots at once. If you're hit when charging you're likely to get teleported.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
So I got to Womb II in the Solar System Challenge with the Compass, Bob's Rotten Head, Bob's buddy thing, 7 hearts, AND THE BIBLE!

Then this happened:

:smithicide:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Does it not let you Continue in challenges?

I reloaded the game, and it did indeed say continue, thank god. It started me back at the beginning of the level.

Crashed in the same room again. :argh:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Well after 7 reloads in an attempt to salvage this Solar System run it FINALLY worked and let me clear that one room that kept crashing.

1st try :smugdog:

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Nov 5, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Darth Windu posted:

Where does the item appear, in the level hat you are on? I can never find it.

What are those checkered flag rooms with the single spike tile in the middle? Why do some items have no effect like the lockpicks? What is the bad gas pill? What is anything. I don't understand this game and it doesn't tell you sh*t and kinda sucks.

Its a useable item like a tarot card or a pill. It drops sometimes from rooms in normal runs I've found, you cant miss it, looks like a rock that grows purple.

When you pick it up it says "Change". Its a one time use reroll of a pedastal item. Took me too long to figure that out :downs:

Found a humble bundling in a shop, hilarious.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
The first boss I get in the Necropolis after unlocking it are two Dark Ones in a big room. The harder variant of them :gonk:

Kaethela posted:

gently caress Monstro's Lung. Stupid thing just ruined a perfectly good run for me.

There must be some stat or item that decreases the time it takes to charge, because I was doing the Computer Savy challenge and got that room that rerolls all your items, and I had some new setup where it would fire after about a second.

By the way that might be a legit way to beat some of the really tough challenges, get super lucky and reroll your items into some new sweet setup. It still counts as winning the challenge with them :v:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Kanfy posted:

I keep finding the Monkey Paw but I'm always scared to keep it. :ohdear:

I've kept it a few times now.

I still have no idea what it does :v:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Lil'haunt is my bff. Soo good

There is a Shop item called BFF, but I couldnt tell what it did. Something to do with buddy's I'd imagine but I was doing a challenge and only had that headless one that leaves a trail of blood.

Does anybody know what each upgrade of the shop actually does? More/better items or what?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

RatHat posted:

^^^ There are two items; BFF Fly(BBF) and BFF.

BFF makes your familiars bigger(and presumably do more damage).

Ah, thanks, guess I just didn't pay close enough attention to it when I picked up.

Has anyone else noticed that on the pause screen the luck stat never actually changes from 1? At least for me it doesnt, even after luck items like the scab/lucky foot or luck up pills. Bug?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Alkydere posted:

No kidding. Everything else is okay or good. Depths though...STOP loving WITH THE MICROWAVE DAMMIT!

*beep! Beep beep! Beep!*

I can't unhear it. :negative:

Holy poo poo I thought I was going crazy. They've been doing roadwork on my street and sometimes they reset the electricity overnight and it resets the oven, the beeps to reset it sound EXACTLY like these and it was driving me nuts.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
I got a soy milk first treasure room. I havent gotten any tear change item other than shot speed and tears up since. I'm in Depths 1 and its taken me 45 loving minutes. gently caress this thing when enemies run at you. gently caress this thing when enemies run AWAY from you. gently caress this tedious, tedious thing when enemies are red and regenerate, meaning with plain soy milk you almost literally cant kill them without bombs

The only reason I'm still going is because my first devil deal was the bum, and I have a soul converter which is basically free devil deals. Now I just need an actual decent item in one of them. I'm only one guppy item away from transforming into guppy too, which sounds great with soy milk :argh:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Slime posted:

It seems to me that they went overboard on how little each shot does with the soy milk.

Yeah, it is annoying and unfun unless you get something to go along with it fairly quickly. On the plus side my run just turned around; gold chests gave me the guppy transformation so now I'm spitting blue flies absolutely everywhere, and cause I had guppy's tail I lucked out and got the goat thing and the gimp mask too. I'm still going to have free devil deals the rest of this run too so we's about to get crazy with this poo poo :devil:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
It's not as powerful as I'd like, but drat if it isnt satisfying after only having vanilla soy milk all the way to Depths II

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
What stat shortens the time to charge Brimstone? Shot speed, tears up maybe? I'm pretty sure there is one since I rerolled my items once into a 1-ish second brimstone. I don't usually like rolling with Brim but I just picked it up with mutant spider and :stare:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

RatHat posted:

EDIT: ^^^^ Fire rate/tears up. Shot speed and range do nothing iirc.

Does Dr Fetus+Pyromaniac give you infinite healing?

Thanks, that makes sense. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a single tears up this hole run. Its always when you need it most that you dont get it. Also fair warning, I picked up the cancer trinket and it does nothing with brimstone.

And I'd imagine so but I havent managed to find both yet.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Fire Mind is cool, killed that ghost boss in seconds.

e: does anyone know if not opening the red chest variant of the devil room counts as rejecting the devil deal?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Isaac's collected tears + broken remote = infinite teleport!

:getin:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Alkydere posted:

It's because there are more bomb modifiers. So Dr. Fetus/bombs on their own is bad. Dr. Fetus with the items that stuns all enemies when bombs go off, or the tear bombs, or so on...

Actually no, Fetus bombs dont do damage based on what types of bombs you have, such as the tear bombs, poop, etc. I just had a run with tear bombs and dr. fetus, and the fetus' bombs were based off of my stats. This is the reason they seem to suck big time now, they're based on your damage stat. Unless that's near max it really isnt worth picking up Fetus imo.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
/\/\/\ Fish Trinket causes friendly blue attack flies to spawn when hit I think, same as original BoI
Goat Head makes a Devil/Holy Room open every floor

The Lucky Foot is now just a luck up. That's it as far as I can tell.

It's a shame there isn't an achievement for no-hit runs of the Chest. Cause I just did that.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Internet Kraken posted:

People keep talking about how Monstro's Lung was amazing for them but every time I've picked it up its been a huge piece of garbage that basically ruined my run. I mean the normal version is very meh but everytime I've mixed it with other shot altering items it has bugged out and become even worse. I'm talking like 6 second charge time for one volley of projectiles.

The delay depends on your tears stat. A max tears stat makes it maybe a second or two, and combined with damage ups and other tear mods it can be ridiculous. Good luck trying to get to that point though.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Alkydere posted:

Oh, so THAT's what the credit card does. :stare: I knew it was amazing for the shop, but not that good.

For reference, It makes everything in a shop free. Got a free health up pill, steam sale, pill bag, bomb and soul heart on level 1 with it.
(spoiled in case someone wants to find out for themselves)

Seriously glad I unlocked this, waltzing into a shop and taking it all free is fantastic

I just noticed too that when you hold tab it shows not only the map and the level you are on, but the name of your lower right item changes to the flavor text to give you a better clue of what it does if you dont remember.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

Wow Mega Satan fight made my heart pound. That was intense.

Yeah I just beat him with Lazarus after accidentally walking over the angel pedestal in an angel room with a stompy upgrade, killing the angel, and discovering half a key. Got the 2nd angel room after killing Mom. Having 2 fly orbitals, a ball of bandages, and an extra yellow attack fly orbital was def the reason I survived it. Glad I managed to open that door, but it seems like such a pain to get those conditions in the future.

Is anything else unlocked by killing Mega Satan other than the start screen change?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Read posted:

So there are two bosses that look super similar and I always get them confused. Adversary vs The Dark One. The one who shoots the curved Brimstone that you're talking about is The Dark One I think.

Anyhow, he has 3 attacks: Spawn spiders, turn the room dark and smash down on the ground, curved brimstone. He does unique animations for all of them that let you predict, but that's kind of hard to do, easier to just rotate around to his side every time he's about to do an attack. If you do that you dodge the brimstone every time, you just need to move early enough.

Somehow you can unlock "The Lost", a super secret character, but nobody has figured out exactly how yet.

Ah, ok. I really hope it isnt something like kill mega satan with every character, that'd be a pain. Hope that isnt where the 500 hours figure comes from!

And no actually, you have them mixed up again. The Adversary is the harder version of The Dark One, looks similar but covered in bandages. The Dark One just fires normal Brimstone, not homing iirc.

I once got a double boss room with two Adversaries :stonk:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Brett824 posted:

Why would 10 runs take 500 hours...

(it's not that though, because people have done it)

It wouldn't, it just seems like getting the two angel rooms in a run would necessitate a lot of luck. At least I havent seem them that much.

Guess I'm wrong anyway though so it doesn't matter. Of course people have already done it, what am I thinking?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

EvilMike posted:

It isn't really a huge luck factor if you're good, since you can practically guarantee them spawning if you take no damage on a floor, skip devil rooms and dont pick up items that give "evil up". I have a feeling that even entering devil rooms decreases the odds of angel rooms, I'm not certain though.

It's probably me then, I've taken a lot of devil room offers since I've started. I guess I'll try and resist the temptation, see more of what they have to offer. In general though they've usually underwhelmed me.

I am doing a azazel run for the boss rush, which I just cleared easily in 17 minutes total because I have 6 hearts, full damage, full tears up and the cancer trinket (like half a second charge!), and Tammy's Head... with the 9 Volt which recharges it in the room. e: oh yeah and my brimstone is shielded too :buddy:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Jeez how rare is the small rock now? Haven't gotten it a single time yet.

Unlike the original, you have to unlock it. I don't know what I did to unlock it, I think it was from blowing up a lot of X marked rocks though.

Still haven't seen it since then though

e: anyone know what the D4 does? I unlocked it at some point, but I forget how/why.

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 8, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
WELP, figured out what the D4 does

Rechargable use item that rerolls all your items! I just started an Eve run and it gave me that and Dark Bum first thing. Goodbye little buddy, I hardly knew ye :(

Also it shows every item you've had on your esc screen, if if you've changed them and dont have them any more. Apparently its super easy to unlock too, just keep blowing up vending machines

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 8, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
If you want a sample of how hilarious/stupid/broken some combos are, do yourself a favor and unlock the D4, then get and use it an entire run.

e: just rerolled into max damage quad homing Fetus

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 9, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
So I figured out a bit more about how the D4 works. It only rerolls some of your items, I suspect a random amount, randomly. It does this with the ENTIRE item pool, including things you haven't even unlocked yet. For a some items you keep the benefit, for example I rerolled into the 99 bombs item and kept all the bombs thereafter. I also got the items to become lord of the flies, and even after rerolling them I'm still flying.

My quad shot homing max damage Fetus is now quad shot homing Mom's Knife. Seriously you guys why do only 0.3% of people have this unlocked, its super easy to unlock and such fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Does it count gambling machines you blow up with bombs, or just the ones you blow up by gambling at them too long? Or am I completely misunderstanding how to unlock it?

Pretty sure its an vending machines you blow up with bombs, as far as I can tell.