Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Carbon dioxide posted:

Where is it? I picked up the Spelunker's hat from a greed mode treasure room and didn't see any secret room appear anywhere.

Both time is was the far left wall of the shop. Like I said it it takes you to an inescapable room, so I'm sure it's a glitch room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hey guys peep this deal I found in the shop!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/400052635017126557/0AB1266E84397C02256AD5887985F01CE7596061/

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did ol' edmund think this was really a 100+ hour expansion? I smoked the new mode with all the dudes, except the lost, and beat every challenge in like 6 hours over the past two days. I mean its a lot of neat stuff, but the horde mode aspect of it is so hit or miss that I doubt most people are going to keep going back to it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BJPaskoff posted:

There were a lot of promises, like 120+ new items and other stuff that weren't really delivered on. That being said though, I'm going to get 100+ hours out of this, just because I'll be playing Afterbirth for basically ever. I'm finding Greed mode a lot of fun, and I could see myself going back to it. After playing it for hours today, I know the act of exploring floors again is going to feel so alien.

I guess if you include the regular game, I can see it. It's just Greed mode is so SAME with every character, and no real varied stages that after clearing it, there isn't much reason to play it over the normal game. If each stage had a different layout, or random obstacles each time, I could see it being a legit 100+ hour expansion. Its like The UNDERDOME RIOT for Borderlands where sure there are different bad guys but the levels were the same each time you played, so there wasn't much reason to go back. Perhaps I am asking too much.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BillmasterCozb posted:

Welp, Lilith unlocked the SMB achievement for me. She's OP.

She seems great for greed mode, but pretty meh for regular runs

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Oxyclean posted:

I think I've only done two normal runs with her now, and I only have Mega Satan left to do with her outside of hard mode stuff. I don't even think I got anything super OP for either of those runs either, just solid items.

Maggy continues to be my least favorite character not counting the Lost for obvious reasons. I can't seem to get anywhere on a Greed run with maggy, I just get overwhelmed on the first floor. I guess I could hit the stop button, but I haven't had to do that with other characters. :colbert:

I got Whore of Babbylon on a devil deal early, then played EVE JR mode. That might help

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
LOL just diced the game to death in greed mode. I guess I ran through too many combinations.

E: Selected continue on reboot, attempted to transform again and it crashed again! I think its just too many combos

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 3, 2015

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can't beat the mode. Every time I go to the next floor the game crashes. GG EDMUND

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

If the scapegoat touches a red poop it immediately dies and your run is over.
So you might as well just reset if you get a scarred womb.

I had that dumb dildo eat it on blue fire in angel room before. That challenge is garbage.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BillmasterCozb posted:

Can't beat hush. i dont care any more. i keep flinging myself at him every run but i can't beat him.

Get that range babby! Use bombs to take out trash mobs!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I just ask for a fix to the guardian challenge. That little sack of poo poo suicides every run I'm on. If not it's 10,000 loving spiders dinking him to death while I impotently swing my sword.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Poizen Jam posted:

That makes sense.

Looks like today's daily will be a joke for me. Guppy + Cthlulhu + Mom's knife by Caves 2!

This was like babbys first daily run. I wonder if there were people who missed all the good poo poo?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
SUPER MEGA GREED is so boring. I hope they eventually make the fight more dynamic, and less tanky. I literally spent like 10 minutes soymilk coin shooting him and his stupid coins. Its not hard and its not fun.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah I can see why they scale the health with Ultra Greed but he needs to have about half of what he has now. I go through all his attack patterns like 20 times when I fight him and that shouldn't happen I feel like.

Or maybe make it a fight with several stages similar to Mega Satan.

I think my favorite new item is Spider Mod. I just think it's such a cool idea.

I guess that's what I meant by dynamic. If you make it there you just gotta hang out and shoot for an hour. Mega Satan is hella dope, Mega Greed is hella nope.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jedit posted:

Hang on - are you saying you picked up Soy Milk and Tears of the Keeper in a Greed run? Tears of the Keeper has a chance to create a coin every time your tears hit, and Ultra Greed heals by picking up coins. Combined with Soy Milk dramatically reducing damage and increasing fire rate ... you get the picture?

I'm saying I got dealt a bad hand by MISSING NO. but the fight is loving Boring no matter what. If you make it to him normally you can't lose. It's just a dull fight.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Bob's brain is a good item. One of the best

I like it when I have moms knife. If I have a good fire rate I skip it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Has anybody noticed that rocks sometime explode when you enter the room? Managed to clear most of this room just by walking in and out

Wanna say it's one of the evil items

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If someone has a sore rear end does that mean Edmund rear end raped them? Because I think that's worse than saying he isn't a very great game developer.

Also can anyone confirm if you get one transformation you cannot get another? Like guppy+mom ?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MrL_JaKiri posted:

No, because that's not true

So you're saying you can be guppy mommy?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is there some new thing to get lil' brimstone? Twice he has joined my parade of guys as lilith, and I haven't picked him up.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
HE NEVER SAW ME COMING

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Wait so the keeper can't do devil deals? What is the weird thing that makes him good/different/worth playing??

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
When can I prestige to unlock godhead 2 and the double dice?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love the serpents kiss or whatever gives you like unlimited black hears via kills. Fighting Duke of flys is like the best stock up method

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bassguitarhero posted:

I didnt think it was that bad as long as you play with a different character each time. Get the d20 and a battery spawn in the store, dont pick up any coins on the floor and you can completely break each run

This is how I did it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bassguitarhero posted:

I wish this game had a new game + where you could restart with the build you finished with even if it doesnt count for anything

I kinda want that for greed mode. Why hop off when the train is gonna keep rolling.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

God grinding out greed mode is such a pain in the rear end.

Are you mixing and matching characters? I think it took me 15 play throughs to max it. I know if you play the same guy over and over the machine shits quicker.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ChogsEnhour posted:

Finally beat "Suicide King" by getting a Brimstone deal. Next big hurdle is "Brains" OH BOY!

Just play slow, and smart. Don't rush into rooms before you're brains are back. Its not that bad duder.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

VideoGames posted:

Is an iPhone more powerful than a WiiU, 3DS and PS Vita?

Oh hell yeah!

But only if you're not a game developer

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bucksmash posted:

Time to think like Edmund...

JOB

Base Isaac stats. Start with 1 heart container. You can accrue items on each floor, but after entering a trapdoor to the next floor and beginning the next round, everything resets - remove all money, keys, bombs, usable items, all stat modifiers, heart containers reduced to 1. The only items exempted from the reset would be The Bible and the Angel Key pieces.

The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

I think you mean GOB come on!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Orange Harrison posted:

Today I am livestreaming some Isaac with Timesplitters music overlaid if that's your thing. https://www.twitch.tv/orangeharrisonrb

Ya didn't take Lord of the Pit and I bailed.. Bad move!!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just download 100% saves and play for fun, the way you like to play.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BJPaskoff posted:

Having low DPS and getting bored with spending forever attacking a boss with high HP has killed more runs for me than any enemy.

agree.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is it out??

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This add on sucks. Why is everything so goddamn strong? It's just a boring slog.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flyboi posted:

It's ok guys AB+ is saved thanks to the modding community http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834207462

Incredible.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Wugga posted:

All I had to do was Beat Hush and the next time you beat him a door opens in the boss room. I couldn't access it until my next playthrough though.

For anyone interested, here's a video of the final area, new boss and new ending. Spoilers, obviously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfR2lwjCOtE

That new ending seems like Same old poo poo ...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Anyone got any tips to get Antibirth to run? Per reddit I did a clean install of Rebirth, and still no luck. I am running windows 10.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Highest Cactus posted:

Antibirth is still way more fun than AB+. Haven't looked back since I installed it

Agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flyboi posted:

So was cruising around on twitch and came across the rules for the new boilr

http://pastebin.com/rTdffnYL

it's going to be slow and boring just like the old boilr

Seems like a bunch of dumb rules.