Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Gonna spend today getting drunk and giving my final playthroughs to Isaac. Then I will spend tomorrow getting drunk and playing Rebirth. Kind of debating whether or not I should try to wrap up PlatinumGod a second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Not a huge fan of flash art but god drat if there arent a million pixel art Indie games out there and it is kinda boring at this point. I'll withhold judgment until I actually get to play the game and see how it looks in action.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The thing I like is good and the thing you like is bad

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kaethela posted:

Steam is now saying pre-load completed for me. Any word on if this means VPN shenanigans will work yet?

I'm pretty sure that since it's a set unlock time rather than timezone specific unlock that this won't work.

I just kinda want to know why they are unlocking at 10 PST rather than midnight though if they are going to give us the option to preload.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Thanks for a great contribution to this discussion.

Seems at least on par for a discussion that's essentially been pages of "my opinion is better than yours" over and over.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

apophenium posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qce574XAluk

New gameplay trailer. Less than an hour to go!

The last part of this trailer is a lie. :colbert:

I was really hoping I could sleep in today so I could just wake up when it was unlocked but my body couldn't let that happen.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Is anyone going to make a Google doc spreadsheet for this like we did with WotL? I would but I don't really know what I'm doing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Store page no longer has a timer just says "Coming Soon" :(

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Y'all acting like you never used steam before. this literally always happens for every game.

Borderlands TPS unlocked like ten minutes ahead of schedule. :colbert:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

HGH posted:

Someone said it was delayed to match the PS4 release or something.
Doesn't help that Tyrone was doing a twitter countdown too.

God I hope not. If there's anything worst than Valve time its Sony time. Expect it to come out at 11:59 PM PST.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Your Computer posted:

You guys should check out the Steam community hub for the game, there are people threatening to kill themselves Live if the game doesn't launch ASAP :allears:

Always a silver lining I suppose.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Playing this game. :woop:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Wait are there no resolution options? Looks kinda fuzzier than it should be on my big rear end tv.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

VDay posted:

You can manually resize the window by dragging a corner if you don't want to go full screen.

YEsss... Thanks.

I just got a Chick Track :allears: Also I guess there are little powerups that drop to fill your item bar. That's kind of neat.

I jumped right into a challenge and it has a trophy with a no symbol over it, does that mean I'm not going to unlock poo poo in challenges?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Monstro's Lung + a bunch of damage up = Death to everything

So I got Azazel and Lazarus. Azazel has already been spoiled, the black hearts/sin hearts blow up the room like the Death book when used. Lazarus is just a dude with an extra life and starts with a pill but nothing else

I already got Basement Boy but didn't get Samson or Eve for some reason despite meeting the criteria.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

drunken officeparty posted:

Was Monstro's Lung kind of buggy for you too? It felt like it was resetting the charge halfway through a lot to me.

I did not experience this, no.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I actually think Lazarus gets reduced to 1 heart and gets some sort of buff after first death. I know for sure he gets move speed, at least. Possibly tears up too.

Yeah I just came back to post this because I died. :v: He also respawns instantly doing exactly what he was doing instead of getting booted to the previous room.

E:

CJacobs posted:

Another heads up, this time a change from the original: In the original BoI, finding a health up pill as a character with no hearts (???, any character you reduce to 0 hearts) would just give them a soul heart. In this game it gives an empty full heart.

Holy poo poo, I wonder if this is a bug.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've been playing on Hard some. Firstly, you'll have like a pentagram icon below your keys and poo poo indicating it's hard mode. Also poo poo hardly ever drops anything in Hard mode. Pride dropped a troll bomb, and I fought approx. one Champion in each room through the basement and only one of them dropped anything.

Also challenges do not work towards progress other than what you get for completing that challenge. Which is pretty dumb because most of them actually gimp you rather than help you.

E: R U A Wizard pills only last for so many shots. If you get one just stand and shoot for a while and it wears off.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Welp just beat the Cathedral with Lazarus and I couldn't get into the Chest. I wonder what the requirement for it is now.

Making the bosses more "bullet hell"y made Isaac a cake walk, he fires off poo poo tons of stuff but in like two or three patterns so once you figure out the safe spots you can just wail on him and watch out for the occasional regular tear shot from him. That is until the third phase where he actually moves around the room and poo poo

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

goferchan posted:

All those new zodiac sign items are no joke -- Scorpio is a million times better than The Common Cold (every shot is poison, the poison lasts a lot longer than normal poison tears do)

Has anyone gotten one that isn't just loving crazy?

Man I forgot how much I hate the Challenges. I got five of them done today. I might take a break from them for a little bit.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Someone asked what the "more options" item does earlier, it turns out that it's a passive that gives you two items after a boss but you only get to choose one. Doesn't work on Mom though.

Day 1 and I got two heart kills, an Isaac kill, five challenges down, almost all the characters unlocked, and two levels into the store. I'm ready for bed. Hopefully it's a slow day at work tomorrow so I can get more playing in.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Has anyone else encountered a key beggar? What exactly do they give you?

A few times. As far as I can tell he only drops chests. I put ~30 keys into one once and after a while it started dropping gold chests for every key I would give it but as far as I can tell it looks like it doesn't ever just pay out in an item and disappear like other beggars. I think it's really cool for post Mom keys but it takes so many keys to get anything that it's not going to be all that useful unless you have an absurd amount.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I think it only teleports you when you're charging your tears

Yep. It also doesn't do this if you are playing as Azazel or possibly if you have Brimstone. I got it with him and couldn't tell if it actually did anything.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

lordfrikk posted:

Explosive Thoughts is pretty lovely, too. You can bomb yourself to hell really fast when there's a lot of enemies in a small room.

It's the same item, and I actually really like it. It moves kind of slow and will keep going until it hits something so most of the time you can just pitch it off into a corner and hit everything else if there's a bunch of close people. It hits with the strength of a bomb though and will do some work on bosses.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, that's a great idea.

I've leveled it twice and it still isn't carrying extra items. But I'm back to early WotL levels of Habit appearance though, so there is that.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Loot posted:

Apparently if you need coins desperately you can just bomb the box. :black101:

Yeah, this is why I will pretty much always dump as much money as possible into it. If you're desperate for cash later and have bombs it becomes a savings account across runs.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Broken Cog posted:

I can't decide if I love or hate Explosive Thoughts. One on hand I seem to take more damage from it than from enemies whenever I pick it up, on the other hand it absollutely wrecks bosses.

Remember that if you absolutely feel like you're going to have to eat a hit from it, you can user your invincibility frames and just bump an enemy for a half heart of damage then nuke the rest with the brain.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hey so if you beat your Eden run it won't consume your token. That's kind of neat. What isn't neat is beating Satan right as he kills you. Two times in a row. :(

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

drunken officeparty posted:

Anyone have more than 100 cents donated to the thing in the shop? I just hit 105 and it looks to keep going.

Not far after that you get the level 2 shop which will give you four items most the time but some times three. Currently I'm at 165.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Unlocked Mamas Boy and at the same time did not get the Angel/Devil room in either floor of the womb. :argh:

Oh well. One more heart kill and I should have permanent portals to Sheol/Cathedral.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The D6 room does different things depending on what number is displayed. I know one of them re-rolls pedestal items on that floor and one of them re-rolls pickups on the floor of the die room itself so those are two that you may not even notice the effects of.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Anyone know how to unlock It Lives? I've beaten the heart 9 times now and I'm getting kind of tired of hoping that a Devil or Angel room appears after The Heart just to progress at this point.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Well I'm getting a bug now where if my controller powers off while the game is paused the game just crashes. That's what I get for trying to play while working I guess.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Magres posted:

Anyone know how 9 Volt interacts with items that charge in one room? It'd be so good if it gave you two charges each time you beat a room :getin:

They charge over time. However the charge over time thing is not nearly as fast as Candle in regular BOI.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Logan 5 posted:

Fire Mind is cool, killed that ghost boss in seconds.

e: does anyone know if not opening the red chest variant of the devil room counts as rejecting the devil deal?

I've gotten the angel room a number of times after opening the chests. I'm pretty sure the game just checks to see if you got a devil room and if you actually bought something from him.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Undead Hippo posted:

Yep! Taking a deal with the devil locks you out of angel rooms for that run. "Taking" means paying Hearts for something, opening the red chests or grabbing items from the floor is fine.

I don't think this is necessarily the case anymore. I've gotten angel rooms after making devil deals. I'm assuming it has something to do with the whole "faith" stat.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So one of the batteries lets you build a second charge for your item.

Queue me beating Satan from start to finish with a half a heart using double Pinking Shears.

E: Three times now I've done Boss Rush where I had Curse of the Unknown. The most recent one, the item I picked was the Bean. :(

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If you want to try a fun experiment, try picking up Monstro's Lung with magnetic tears. One charged shot to rip basically every enemy in the room straight to your face.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Flergatron 3000 posted:

Protip: if you use Judas' Shadow as ??? you actually don't get credit for killing Mom's Heart or Satan. Judas might get credit but I've already cleared both those bosses with him so I don't know.

Similarly, dying with Lazarus's Rags turns you into Lazarus, which is kind of a bummer. But eventually we will have all the unlocks and poo poo and this won't matter.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Every time I beat mom I get the negative now. Beat isaac with it and game still ended.

I'm pretty sure the negative is for the the bonus level after Sheol and both bonus levels only show up after beating Cathedral/Sheol 6 times (maybe 5?)

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Decided to cash in an Eden token just now. Do I get a prize for this champion loadout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Three rolls in a row on Eden and each one gave me just two soul hearts as my starting life. Is this normal? I've done a couple in the past and had normal hearts.