Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i had d100 roll me something that could not fire. either that or the range and damage was so weak i literally couldnt see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Cobalt doing a weird run with Isaac's heart and the gullotine right now, totally bizarre http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak

so does isaac's heart allow you to do red heart poo poo for free? cause that might make it not poo poo

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I kind of wonder how you're supposed to fight Mega Satan as Azazel though. You'd have to get right up into his face just to do damage and have basically no room to dodge whatsoever.

i stood right next to his arms and he had trouble hitting me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ror posted:

You can also use seeds for challenges and still complete them. You just enter them under NG and then go to the challenge. :ssh:

what the

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

the other day i was playing as the lost, and got pyromaniac. I thought "Oh goodie, the I-Wish-I-Had-Ipecac item"

next floor on a challenge room i find ipecac.
then blasting rocks i find a treasure room with 5 devil deals including damage up and There's Options.

fighting larry Jr he turns around in front of me and his tail somehow hits me.

I'm still salty about that.

Anyway, yesterday I finally got my first heart kill as The Lost, and I'm on a run right now with the holy mantle found on first floor. Anything important I should know about its mechanics? Can I exit curse rooms safely?

if the curse room is next to the room you start in, don't enter it! the holy mantle isn't activated at first. so go into another room first and then go back and it will work safely as long as you don't get hit in the curse room

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

TheModernAmerican posted:

The best thing is that all of the Lost's unlocks (barring the D100) are just giant piles of boring free stats that just let you get those kinda fun but ultimately boring instant clear runs.

Also I've learned that it's Mega Maw, not Mega Man. I am a dumb.

the heart isn't boring, it just sucks

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Pixeltendo posted:

http://edmundm.com/post/104716687275/lets-make-a-dlc-together-part2

Ed's now onto phase two of his community involvement master plan, this time features he wants YOU to give him, simple things like Seed on death.

I suggested a Enemy gallery.

i'd rather just have a ps4 patch

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this makes me wonder, can special seeds show up randomly?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Anyone know a good seed for getting meat boy/monster girl with the manuel

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Dig a few pages back, some guy dropped a seed that will naturally give you meatgirl. A horseman each on levels 1, 3, 5 and 7 and they all drop bandages.

I got a level 3 meat boy with that so its not 100%

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Rashomon posted:

Got an amazing infinite-reroll-run and was able to knock out all but one of my last items (that one being the Stopwatch, which I lazily haven't unlocked yet). Pyro+Ipecac on the first (XL) floor was nice. Sharp Plug (after some rerolling) on Caves 1, and it was all uphill from there. Oneshotting ??? is fun.

but what was the seed???

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it (basement) works if you're not patched yet. I did it on the ps4 today because i guess we don't deserve a patch. Used plug, pyro and a bunch of normal bombs. Don't pick up bomb modifiers, 9 volt or isaacs heart. Had to restart a 1 hour run becausr of those

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kemikalkadet posted:

To unlock the D4 by blowing up arcade machines, does it count bombed arcades or is it just ones that pop on their own after a certain amount of coins?

i got it of bombing

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

LaughMyselfTo posted:

I hope the next patch takes the R key out. Maybe it could even add a ten-minute cooldown after you start a new game during which you can't start another new game.

its called playing on the ps4

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've literally gone through the entire item pool, to the point where nothing but Breakfast was spawning, several times with no Monster Manual. I know how to do it, it just isn't happening.

are you checking the shop and the secret rooms

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

weaaddar posted:

Last night I unlocked platinum god/real platinum god by finally buying the little baggie (I swear I already did this once but I guess not). Unfortunately, I didn't unlock the platinum trophy because inexplicably I didn't unlock Eve's bird foot trophy. I started a new save, and beat the cathedral with eve and I sitll didn't get the trophy. Is it just bugged? what the hell?

like half the trophies are bugged on the playstation and i wouldn't expect too much from it. apparently if you've gotten the conditions for it earlier even starting a new file might not work

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

o.m. 94 posted:

Oh gosh darnit, I just beat Mom's Heart for the third time and the achievement didn't trigger (PS4). Does anyone know if it's gone forever? I seem to be connected to PSN fine

you're european right? if so wait for the patch somewhere this year (maybe?) and hope it unlocks since we still haven't gotten that patch yet. if not, idk. game is notoriously buggy with unlocking that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

did they patch the game in europe on the ps4 yet?