Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Met posted:

The game was rewritten from the ground up. There's no reason to suspect it will have the same glitches.

Then again, it IS Nicalis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

You've done it, Ed, you've helped create the first game with infinite replay value :clint:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

It's coming out at 6pm GMT, right?

Steam Store says 1 day and 1 hour for me (US EST) :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Joke's on you guys, BOI:Rebirth was all an elaborate Halloween 2014 joke :smuggo:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kanfy posted:

People are not going to actually kill themselves :ssh:

ive been dead this entire time

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

*Boots up game*

Wow man, this is unusually blurry, huh? I wonder what's wrong with my computer.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I got basement boy despite being hit on floor 1? i think the game might be bugged lads

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Either my Vita sucks or the vita version is pretty drat chuggy :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ChibiSoma posted:

Got a weird item on that run that dropped my attack to 1, but made my shots super fast and super tiny. Sadly, I found out that you can't build your damage back up. It's permanently stuck at 1. I'm not sure what it's called, but I dubbed it Seizure Tears after going up against Gurdy. Christ.

Isn't that Soy Milk?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I thought people were bein' whiny but I didn't realize how how much I missed the original music until I re-listened to the old OST :(

I also miss the sound effect that used to play when you got something, made me feel all tingly inside.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ughhhh gently caress BBF and every other item that has a "can damage you easily without you knowing or being able to do jack poo poo about them" status.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

They nerf Cain, buff Samson, and keep Eve the (same) shittiest character. Makes no drat sense.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What item is teleporting me randomly after being hit? I know there's probably trinkets or tarots that do it but I am not carrying any so it must be something I picked up.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

That doesn't sound very useful.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Magnetic Tears is motherfucking awful.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is the 1 up shroom still in the game? I haven't seen it once in 30 hours and that's unusual I M O

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So was a way to replace the OST with the old Danny tunes ever figured out?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hot drat thank you

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Holy CRAP, Family Man is a loving slog. It's not even especially difficult it just takes loving forever. Even if you get more familiars, they all fire at the exact same speed which cannot be increased and do damage which is independent from your damage stat and it's just maddening.

This is how I feel about The Tank. Or hell, all of the challenges. The true challenge is your patience.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wish I knew why I was having such a hard time getting to Satan (again) as Azazel just so I can die to him :(

I can restart my run as many times as I want without dying and it won't break the chain, right?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Dude PHD (and Cain) were so broken in the original that I beat the game ten times in less than an hour at one point.

It's balanced now and that's fine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wonder if Ed will buff The Lost. You would think not but excessive whining got him to buff Samson. As I recall from 1 heart to 1 heart and 1 soul heart, so not much, but hey.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ariong posted:

Missing No. is also a secret room item. Someone hasn't been looking for secret rooms!

I've been in both secret rooms and the super secret rooms over a 100 times total and seen no items in either. ever.

I think my copy might be bugged. It's always coins/sin heart, respectfully. Every time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Is there a way to cheat to unlock characters/items, though? I'd rather not have to re-beat the whole game to get Judas.

Dude if you're not going to be beating the game a hundred times this might not be the game for you

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Waffle! posted:

Soy Milk is salvageable if you grab it early, or have PHD so you can get pills and items to boost the damage and range back up.

Isn't damage with Soy Milk locked low, though?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Poizen Jam posted:

You know what grinds my gears most about Cursed Eye? It's the fact a 'burst fire tears' mechanic is actually reasonably cool, potentially balanced item if not for the stupid teleport drawback.

We have shotgun tears, we have large single slow firing tears, and we have machine gun tears and charge tears. Why not burst fire without such an awful drawback?

I think it's fine since the teleport is easily worked around (that is, only teleporting you if you are charging)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What challenges would you guys recommend I try to clear first, from a usefulness of the item unlocks standpoint?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh right that's why I stopped playing challenges, they're criminally unfun (Cursed)

e: I did it, I beat cursed. Still a poo poo challenge i m o

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 3, 2014

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The whining for Samson was less and he ended up getting buffed. The Lost will probably get buffed too.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's odd how there are actual unlocks tied to The Lost when even Hard Mode seems to have stuffed all the "poo poo nobody actually cares about" unlocks there.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is it just me or are big rooms boring?

Maybe...i'm boring.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So what's the status on the handheld ports? Are either of em worth owning yet, or ever will be?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

LLCoolJD posted:

Gnawed leaf might be my favorite item. Last night, I combined it with the ghost familiar and that powerup that makes your minions bigger and tougher. Mega Satan never had a chance.

Gnawled leaf seems op to me, imo

I merely had gnawed leaf and a permanent familiar that ran around and was invincible so, welp, beat the entire game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I just noticed Afterbirth is offering an "alternative soundtrack"

The return of Danny B?

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 21, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

HenryEx posted:

It's just 10%, but yeah. Shopkeepers count.

Where can I see more coding breakdowns? It's fascinating finding out how the game works

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

BlackFrost posted:

Did Edmund McMillen and Danny Baranowsky get into a fight or something? They just rereleased Super Meat Boy on PS4 (free for PS+ members), so I figured, sure, why not, it's been a while. I booted it up only to find that the music has completely changed. I don't mind the new guy's music in Isaac, it's fine there, but it's absolutely horrible in Super Meat Boy compared to the original sound track. Why would they do this?

Well, apparently,

"Composer Danny Baranowsky holds the rights to Super Meat Boy’s music. He also wrote a blog to explain his tracks omission from the upcoming game, stating that he "no longer [has] a working relationship with Team Meat."

He wrote, “I made a decision a couple years ago to end my working relationship with them for many reasons that don’t really need to be listed here. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause my fans." Notably, Baranowsky also didn’t do the soundtrack for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Baranowsky dismissed rumours that their fractured relationship came about because of creative differences. Instead, he said, “I didn't feel like the license fee and exposure through PSN they offered was enough to make me seriously consider accepting the deal. I decided to decline their offer. I wish them and the new artists the best of luck with the game."

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

There is and it works decently well, it won't work as well when afterbirth comes out though, obviously

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

For the curious, here's a song from the new Meat Boy soundtrack,. and this uploader seems to have the rest of them as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhBC4r1zMrY

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Not sure why but the feature i'm most lookin' forward to is the daily run?

I am simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

"Hell yeah, just played real clutch and won a fight against Isaac without getting hit in this Brains challenge. First try on a challenge that lots of people are having problems with. Wait...I have to do THE CHEST!!!???? *dies a couple rooms in*"

gently caress. Another challenge that's a sound idea that would have benefited from some god drat playtesting. Reload the drat brains every time you enter a room at least and don't make me wait around. That alone would make that challenge way more bearable.

But then it's not a challenge!

Or whatever Mr Edmund's logic is.