Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Just to check, but I've seen a few places say that this'll only be free on PSN+ for the PS4. Nothing for us PS3-owning paupers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Tafferling posted:

Jesus doesn't love us anymore

EVERYONE PANIC!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Your Computer posted:

You guys should check out the Steam community hub for the game, there are people threatening to kill themselves Live if the game doesn't launch ASAP :allears:

BoI LARP? This I have to see.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

First Mom kill! Unlocked Maggey, Eve and Sampson on my first run. Sampson's so much better now. Blood Lust seems to last the entire floor and he has three hearts now, so he's actually worth playing. Much happier with the changes to him, I think.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Error Room is back.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Anyone else find Dingle to be an early run-killer? His shots after he summons the little chocolate drop guys come out way too fast, and he seems to be able to go directly into a triple dash right after that.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

drunken officeparty posted:

Are the stats bars in the pause menu just approximations? Like, is there a 3.5 damage or something, or is a 3 always the same exact 3?

It's possible they may be. I picked up 5-6 damage ups and it only registered 4 of them. That, or it's another thing that needs fixing.

something posted:

So I'm considering buying this game but I heard somewhere that it's absolutely poo poo with keyboard controls. Is that true in any way?

Nope, perfectly playable with keyboard, as most of us with 100+ hours in the last game can attest.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

VAC is on a per-game basis and only applies to multiplayer games. You will not get vac banned from a single-player game because that doesn't make any sense. SAM isn't a thing that would even earn you a VAC ban from even multiplayer games.

I find the big warning at the header of the reddit post hilarious, people still haven't twigged how VAC bans work?

Hell, I've used it to unlock some of the achievements in games like Payday 2 (because gently caress farming enemies for weeks on end for a sniper sight) and never got banned. It used to ban you for unlocking stuff in TF2, but that was a long time ago and I've never heard since of anyone getting banned.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any chipsets BoI doesn't play well with on the PC? I upgraded my rig last week, and now, whenever I try to play, the game slows down to a crawl before freezing entirely on the file select screen after skipping the intro. I'm using the same graphics card as before, which never had any problems previously, and I've un/reinstalled about a dozen times with no luck.

Suggestions?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Poizen Jam posted:

Do you have CPU throttling/slow down turned on? I remember having a similar problem with 2D and Flash games on new laptops.

Tried that (running on a desktop, rather than a laptop), but it did nothing. Messed around with all the in-game settings: nothing. Then turned the graphics filter on.

Why is that, of all things, causing the game to work?!

Anyway, just had my first successful run with Cain and discovered Whip Worm works really well with Proptosis, at least until you get some tears upgrades. I was able to shred everything in seconds with those two items alone for most of the game.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I finally found a use for My Reflection! Rubber Cement and boomerang tears is an oddly great combination, it seems. Especially when you add the 3 Dollar Bill to it. I made it to Isaac with Samson and Isaac just melted in about 15 seconds flat.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Midas Touch + E-Coli = golden poops everywhere! It actually transforms the enemy into gold poop, which gets pretty silly pretty fast. Especially with the Counterfeit Penny thrown in for good measure.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Secret Room + two Jera runes =

Go, Bum Friend, go!

That'll do, Bum Friend. That'll do.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Alabaster White posted:

You're not at the actual end of the game until you unlock the Polaroid and the Negative :v:

Yeah, Isaac builds on previous victories. Just because you 'beat' the game doesn't mean you beat the game. Depending on how masochistic you're feeling, you can consider it 'done' when you've unlocked every ending or when you 100% the game (this is madness don't do this).

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Shoot for Mega Satan once, then completely forget about him (at least til the expansion inevitably adds stuff that requires him)

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

That's essentially BoI as a romhack - fun and balance doesn't matter, just make it harder.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Not sure if they were in the game before this update, but I just encountered this guy:

That's a white Knight (:haw:). And what did he drop upon death?

An eternal heart.

Looks like they may be bringing stuff over from the new DLC faster than expected.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I unlocked almost all of the achievements bar the last few challenges, a couple of Lost's hard mode achievements and getting through the Chest without getting hit. Even with the stopwatch, I can never seem to do that one.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Jibo posted:

Same, I think.

But wasn't Rebirth only like 30 minutes late? I seem to remember there being a total meltdown but it ending up being not a big deal.

I remember the original and WotL being delayed by an hour or two. Caused some serious shitfits on Steam.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

TopHatGenius posted:

So this happened during Boss Rush

Looks like just about every boss appeared during the rush and they mix up the spawn order. It takes longer to beat it.

edit: now with less table breakage

I had a bunch of the new bosses mixed in with a couple of old ones randomly. So much for the old 'breather wave'.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I'm not sure I really "get" Greed Mode. Like, is there any reward for not hitting the button beyond not taking damage? I remember them talking up a risk/reward system in the leadup to release but I'm just not seeing it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I genuinely enjoy the Giga XL challenge. I've been wanting a mode that's essentially Endless Mode for a while now and this is probably as close as it gets. I just wish it gave you an extra item room or two. That way, if you get a lovely item like Bob's Brain or one of the beans, you don't feel like you've wasted a floor.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Greed mode with Serpent's Kiss as my first item and Death's Touch in the shop.

Sooooooooo many sin hearts, I could shoot for a bit, kamikaze into enemies, then pick up the dozens of hearts left lying around. Probably the easiest win I've ever had.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Toxxupation posted:

original binding of isaac vanilla flavor bros remember: cain was the best character

back when luck foot was overpowered as gently caress and the game was getting to a gambling machine as quickly as possible and just breaking the balance by gettin that dollah dollah bill y'all

Cain was the best, Samson was garbage and if you saw any tear effect upgrades, you knew your next ten games were screwed because they wouldn't show up again forever.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The Pong challenge was actually, well, fun! I was expecting it to have some bullshit like 'you have to keep bouncing tears off Isaac's body or you die' because that's the kind of bullshit direction the game's been headed in since Rebirth. But no, just a good, simple combination of items with clear direction. So odds are someone else came up with this one.

I also found out in this run that quad shot and triple shot stack, something I never knew before!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

There needs to be a mod that checks if you're playing as Lilith and if so, disables stone fatties entirely. I just had a run as her where I was physically unable to kill some regenerating enemies because of them. Because of how she works, none of her shots can stand a chance of getting through, and unless you get some upgrades, you have a hard enough time knocking the regenerators down, let alone killing them.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I'll say this much for Delirium, it may be yet another bullet-spewing wall of HP, but at least it actually does something this time around. It doesn't just sit there like Mega Satan, or shuffle around half-heartedly like Hush.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Because it's easier to change HP values than design an actual challenge.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Can you not get unlocks on a victory lap? I beat Hush and Mega Satan with Apolyon and didn't get anything from it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

flyboi posted:

I wish that there was an "easy" button on switch or something you could enable to just get to the unlocks I could care less about completionist but I like having all the unlocks. Greed mode is terrible and when (if) it gets fixed not looking forward to that grind.

BoI is genuinely a game where, on consoles, they could sell unlock packs as DLC and I would have zero problems with it. I don't see how I could've gotten any of Keeper's achievements without cheating like a bastard (or The Lost before the upgrade turned it from nigh-impossible to just ridiculously hard).

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Pigbuster posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it DID make two sprinklers, but they were perfectly overlayed on one another.

This is exactly what happens. It's saved my rear end on Greedier runs more often than I can count.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Did Greedier mode get a rebalance again? I was doing a run as Tainted Samson and was getting around ten coins after the regular waves instead of the usual 18 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Black August posted:

Wow. That's a fun and encouraging reason to be excited about finding it early on.

Expect it to be patched out any day now!