Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Already pre-orded and can't wait to play it.
Of course the game is going to make me feel like I've never played it again with all the new crap :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Wow if this is Normal mode I hate to know how hard HARD mode is. :shepicide:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

No damage run for the womb is going to take a looonnng time now.

Probably even longer with the Chest/dark room :(

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

This game is great with all the new items, gotta love some of these challenges, but the solar system one is almost impossible :(

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Chocolate milk + Crickets body (splash damage) + 20/10 (double shot) + whip worm = Double Lazer death machine pew pew pew what is starfox doing in my Binding of isaac.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

If you beat boss rush with Eden you get.

a spacebar item called undenified, it takes 6 rooms to recharge and transports you to the error rooms

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Heh if you bomb the shop guy theres a small chance he'll spawn a steam sale.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

So uhhh if you get Bob's rotten head and the flat worm trinket the bob bomb stretches infinitely when you throw it :catstare:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

its limit is 999

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Protip if you pick up the Jera useable, bring it to the shop and get free pickups!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Welp got the D6 in an amazing Blue Baby run. Sacred heart, plus fear, tooth shots, the shield, the bible and Taurus pretty much made the run.

Shame I got to get lucky like that again 3 more times :-(

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I gotta say, the best way to beat some of these challenges has to be the randomizer rooms, Head trauma was beaten thanks to a completely different loadout.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I just unlocked something thats not even on the http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth site called an "0" baby, what the hell is that?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Color Printer posted:

So there's a little file in the directory called changelog.txt. Let's take a looksee...

Welp!

Thank god I did everything with the lost when I could then, not touching that dude ever again.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Since we know theres an expansion coming soon next year and it will have suggestions by the fans I was thinking of a few items earlier..

Cross Bomb
A bomb with a cross on it, when used fire from all sides expands out of it, think the blue candle if you could shoot it at 4 directions at once.

The Monolith
Passive trinket, negates the stone idols (those invincible shooting things commonly found in the depths) from attacking.

The stolen stone
A friendly version of Loki's spike stone that goes about the room, does not hurt isaac

The Drill
Isaac shoots tears that can destroy rocks and other assorted things, does not grant him the ability to walk over them.

The four horsemen horses
Rare drops of each horse, they all grant flight.

Famimes Horse - summons flies upon use
Pestilence - several ipeac bombs
Deaths - scythes that home in on enemies
War - bombs that home in.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Apparently Technology 2 and Ipeac combine well, you don't get bombs with lasers but you do get an overpowered laser that can make Mega satan trivial!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

So has any one managed to decrypt the files for this game yet? Theres an awful lot of modding potential to be had here, especially since I want to re-skin some things.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I wanna want to love the boomerang item, but its really useless when you can't fire tears a second before the mook unfreezes.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Here's a code for a pretty OP Judas run.

MW7N
9RYG

Don't take any devil deals, you'll get enough angel rooms to appear to get godhead.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

http://edmundm.com/post/104716687275/lets-make-a-dlc-together-part2

Ed's now onto phase two of his community involvement master plan, this time features he wants YOU to give him, simple things like Seed on death.

I suggested a Enemy gallery.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

ArfJason posted:

oh i forgot im also lazarus revived which afaik has a larger base damage stat

whats the code for it

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hey folks The Binding of isaac Rebirth is out on the New 3DS now! :toot:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Anybody who owns the Binding of isaac for the 3DS there is an update out now.
Supposedly fixes the invisible enemies and textures, you might have to go into the Nintendo eshop to download the update.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

IMJack posted:

Afterbirth's additions will bring the total items to 530. Not counting new pickups, pills, and cards.

Geez this games gonna be huge.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Diplopia could be really useful if you get the right item drop, assuming you can get the benefit from item buffs twice. Like if you find the Mark in a sacrifice room or get Tammy's Head in a chest, using Diplopia to double them would mean a huge increase in damage.

Diplopia will make getting the Meat boy/ Bandage girl level four runs slightly less annoying to deal with now at least :)

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I wonder how broken the game would be if theres an item that lets you carry two space-bar items...

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/126390851399/refreshing-afterbirth-update-19

:siren: new blog update :siren:

Talks about the new game mode slightly and how shops have a big part of it, as well as a new re-stock item that refreshes the shop pool.
They also have a release date set and will reveal it soon.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

IMJack posted:

The big pill looks like a suppository. In a game full of poop jokes I could believe it. What it does, on the other hand, I don't have the first idea.

Some people say it's supposedly the Placebo pill that was suggested in the item idea thread on the reddit, basically a blank card version for pills.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Nighthand posted:

Mom's Knife plus Death's Touch should turn the knife into a scythe that you swing in an arc in front of you rather than throw.

how do you damage ranged enemies then?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

:siren: http://bindingofisaac.com/post/127517383219/lets-get-greedy :siren:

New blog post.

The Release date got delayed YET AGAIN, but he makes up for it by spilling the beans on Greed Mode

Basically the layout is this

and the middle of the room has enemies that spawn in waves via the timer button in the middle.

if a wave is too much you can push stop on the timer (and take half a heart of damage) to regroup yourself.
There's more in the link.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

So PAX had some Rebirth footage with new things shown!

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/v/13259137 (skip to 1:17:11)

There's a new title screen so people know you have Afterbirth
And a few new items were shown, like the Dunce cap which is...permanent R U a wizard effect

and :getin:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

:siren: http://bindingofisaac.com/post/128066842874/nope-afterbirth-update-22 :siren:

New Afterbirth update, there will be a release date and pre-orders taken next week Monday, but who knows, maybe Ed's going to say it's the week after too.

Other than that there's not much else other then explaining Greed Mode a little more and how the Mode will have completely different item pools.

There's also a silver treasure room now?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

Why is the Screw halfway in the wall and semitransparent?

There's a new optional HUD for streamers to display their items to the side.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

So Tyrone has been streaming Afterbirth a few times this week, lots of new things have been revealed among them are.

- Devil rooms can contain enemy fights now
- Alt bosses for Dingle, Polyphemus, and the haunt
- Gold hearts that when depleted give you money
- pill effects that make you not pick up money sometimes
- and those ghost enemies that disperse and appear again to shoot now have a brimstone alt :shepicide:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Theres a new Hourglass item that does basically the rewind time effect from Prince of Persia.

So if you gently caress up a room badly or ended up with a bad roll on a locked treasure chest, you can use the hourglass to go back the previous room with all your hearts and pickups intact from before you entered.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

Beat Hush on Hard, and bizarrely the game kept going through the last two areas as usual.

I had to cheese that drat boss by hoping it became slow with the broken stop watch and several uses of the new hourglass with 48 hour energys :(

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

It's an emergency stop button, because if you really suck, the timer will keep spawning more enemies even if you're not ready. I think you might get slightly more money if you don't press it, too? My real question is why there a room with a completely basic Monstro before Ultra Greed?

I think it's supposed to be based on the Afterbirth Teaser video we got with the CGI Monstro, appearing just before you enter the greed room.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

There's also spiked chests now you need to take damage to open, I learned that the hard way, thanks edmund :shepface:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

For an expansion Edmund claims was "for the fans" he sure is upsetting them with practically every update :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Seems Sacrifice rooms got buffed, they payout multiple times now including giving out items, teleportation to the Devil/Angel rooms, and teleportation to the Dark room (!!!)