Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Wait a goddamn minute. Does the Blank Card work on the Chaos Card? :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Fans posted:

I finally beat it by getting the Piggybank and the Coin Operated Earthshaker which just let me clear rooms with ease. I did end up with orbiting tears which were a pain until they got powerful enough that anything in the room died in seconds, mom was a piece of cake.

It says the Horseman are out now. :ohdear:

Welcome to the actual game :downs:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
On the topic of no-win states, I recently encountered a room on the first floor with enemies I was literally unable to hit without using a bomb to clear up an obstruction. I would have been able to hit them with regular tears, but I had Technology. I was lucky to have bombs, because if I hadn't I would have had to reset.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Pixeltendo posted:

The four horsemen horses
Rare drops of each horse, they all grant flight.

Famimes Horse - summons flies upon use
Pestilence - several ipeac bombs
Deaths - scythes that home in on enemies
War - bombs that home in.

This would make attaining Meat Boy/Bandage Girl somewhat harder, good job. :downsbravo:

You know what'd be cool? If all of the items in the game were put into tiers, not with a Special Item-esque mechanic that makes you metagame when picking up any given item, but with a Luck-based mechanic where a higher Luck stat makes you more likely to get better items.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Fiend Computer posted:

Man, it makes me sad that Cain is the worst non "bad on purpose" character now.

Neah, I think that prize goes to Lazarus.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I just realized what a great first-floor item Kamikaze would be for The Lost. :getin:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

watho posted:

Wouldn't using it insta-lose the run or am I missing something?

Exactly.

It'd also be nice if The Lost consumed Eden Tokens.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Cryohazard posted:

I love curse of the blind because it's a massive middle finger to the old D6 devil deal meta.

Hell, it's a massive middle finger to the D6 altogether; I love it.

Personally, the only curse I really want to see tweaked is Curse Of The Maze. It'd be way more fun if the chances of a door taking you in the right direction were much lower.

I'd also enjoy a curse where rooms simply don't clear, so if you reenter a room you've already been to, it has enemies in it again - but each room can only drop consumables once.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Rocketlex posted:

Y'know, speaking of curses, I can think of more curses that would be interesting. You could even theme them after the Sins.

Curse of Gluttony - "So hungry!" You start at 1 Heart, no matter what your health was. If you have 1 or fewer red hearts, this can still trigger, but doesn't do anything.
Curse of Greed - "It'll cost you..." The floor's Treasure Room item will cost you 15 cents, like a shop item. Only appears on floors with Treasure Rooms.
Curse of Sloth - "Don't procrastinate!" Item pickups (bombs, hearts, keys) will disappear if you leave the room. Chests won't disappear.
Curse of Pride - "Bring 'em on!" More Champion monsters. Stacks with any other effects that might be causing this.
Curse of Lust - "You're a monster magnet!" Enemies will be pulled towards you.
Curse of Envy - "Time for a change of pace!" Certain enemies will be rerolled, as with the D10, and can become enemies from other floors.
Curse of Wrath - "Explosions!" All enemies have a chance to drop a Troll Bomb on death.

I don't know why we spoiler tag these things, but there you are.

More curses is always nice; the sin theme works well.

It also reminds me of my idea for an alternate form of Greed, Avarice, which also spawns in shops and has a sprite similar to Greed's but on a noose (as the shopkeeper sometimes is). I also had an idea where, much like Greed is more likely to spawn based on your shop and money-based behavior, the other sins would also change their likelihood based on your behavior. Gluttony becomes more likely to spawn based on your consumption of red hearts, for example, while Sloth becomes more likely to spawn based on how long you're taking on floors.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Wait 'til they patch out the Monster Manual's creation of meat cubes/bandage balls and you'll have to get a floor one Book Of Revelations and a long series of coinflips. :getin:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Ghost Head posted:

Does guppy's collar work the same way? Reviving with 1 heart is a pathetically dumb idea for an item unless it's like Lazarus where you revive immediately in the room.

I believe you revive with 1/2 heart filled but all of your heart containers.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Well, it's better than Foodfight...

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

TheModernAmerican posted:

Guess who was really smart and picked up Loki's Horns with Ipecac?

I said as I was going toward it, "This is really bad."

Still killed Stan though. I really can't wait until I unlock guaranteed Sheol/Cathedral access.

I didn't know Stan was in this game!

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Alkydere posted:

Kind of like how Azazle does technically work with range upgrades?

This would explain why Number One ruined an Azazel run for me. :v:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Lowen SoDium posted:

Is there any item or item combo that can increase Azazel's range?

Number One certainly effects Azazel's range.

Oh - and if you want infinite range, be sure to pick up Technology!

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I seriously feel like "Cursed" needs a couple of sequels. One where you have to go to Satan instead of Mom, and one where you have to go to Satan instead of Mom and don't have the Map, Blue Map, Compass trio to start off. :getin:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Alkydere posted:

Hahaha, Credit Card + Blank Card. Free shops and devil deals FOREVER!

Wow, just like a real credit card! :shepicide:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

RatHat posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but guillotine gives me a headache trying to aim the rotating head.

Imagine how much harder it'd be if "up" always meant "away from your body", "down" always meant "towards your body", "left" always meant "ninety degrees away from the line between you and your body one way", and "right" always meant "ninety degrees away from the line between you and your body the other way". :getin:

implement this in 1.03 please edmund

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

BJPaskoff posted:

I got Ipecac, then Soy Milk, and then picked up Proptosis. I went from a constant stream of exploding tears to the attack buttons making my face explode. Nothing shot out even a pixel; pressing the attack button just caused an explosion centered directly on Isaac's head.

+Pyromaniac :getin:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Tollymain posted:

the way i see it either you bring the tear to the enemy or the enemy to the tear :v:

Oh, yeah, Magnetic Tears, those goes well with Ludovico. :v:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Do the multi-shot items (20/20, Inner Eye, Mutant Spider) still not synergize with each other? :(

Internet Kraken posted:

Beans! wouldn't be half as bad if your space bar item didn't recharge so slow. You spend so much time just walking around doing nothing.

Yeah, it should really be more like the Candle recharge in the original Binding Of Isaac. TBH, I don't really understand why the Battery is even needed for the challenge; Ed said that the Bean would have Candle-like recharge, and the only thing like that in the final game is the goddamn non-damaging Butter Bean.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

The feet also apparently don't deal contact damage, very useful

This is also very useful because if YOU have contact damage, you can kill Satan by running into his feet after they stomp. :getin:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

emanresu tnuocca posted:

9 times and then.

So disappointed about this; I was looking forward to this synergy giving you a potentially absurd amount of lives.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Kurtofan posted:

No, it flips a coin every time you die.

Is it a straight-up coin flip? I got it into my head the other day that the Luck stat effected your chances. But anyway, my point was that I thought that your average number of lives would increase drastically if you also had Dead Cat, because you got nine chances to fail the coin flip, but according to the post I responded to, it only starts flipping the coin on your last life.

Che Delilas posted:

Thanks, game.

Get a Hanged Man card.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
As a general rule, interpret 1 or 6 die rooms as "free Bob's Brain plus minimum stats".

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Just one-shotted Isaac in my first fight against him. Thanks Tammy's Azazel Head. :v:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
It's only a stupid solution if you don't want Meat Boy and Bandage Girl to be stupidly hard to get. :viggo:

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Meat Boy buffed in Rebirth, so he's more worth it?

It'd be hilarious if Horsemen had, like, a 1% chance of dropping Dr. Fetus and Epic Fetus.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

RatHat posted:

??? can also pop up right underneath you, it's really bullshit. You gotta keep moving to make sure it doesn't happen.

That's an item called the Ankh and it's supposed to happen. If you hadn't picked it up, you just would've died. It's for the best.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
R U A Wizard should correct to I Found Pills. :v: Paralysis should correct to Telepills.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I feel like a more "in-the-spirit-of-Edmund's-vision" solution to the "people scumming for Holy Mantle or 9 Lives with The Lost" problem would be to make those items not work with The Lost at all. :v: That or a repeat of the Eden Tokens mechanic. Maybe you need to defeat Mega Satan for a Lost Token? :v: That'd at least give Mega Satan more of a purpose.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
That's a shame, I assumed it was like Mom's Knife+Brimstone, and hemorrhaged bombs.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Kanfy posted:

Speak of the devil, the very next item I find after making that post is Dr. Fetus. :v:

I only have 2 damage so my tears were complete crap, but with Mr. Mega I do enough damage to one-shot those bastard ghosts.

Wait, bomb items effect Dr. Fetus? :psyduck:. I thought the removal of those synergies was the biggest nerf made to the item.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
I'd figure Sad Bombs+Dr. Fetus would revert to whatever you had before Dr. Fetus, if only for the Mega Satan-oneshotting goodness that would be Sad Bombs+Dr. Fetus+Brimstone. :getin:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

AndroidHub posted:

Just another night of praying for the sweet release of death to liberate me from playing the lost...

You'll get that sweet release many, many times if you play as The Lost.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Unrelated, but ever since classic Isaac, I've always thought the most necessary gameplay change is making the gaps act as instant death for non-flying characters, rather than as walls. Please implement Ed

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Crotch Bat posted:

That's an awful idea based on how knockback works in this game. Would instantly render many rooms more dangerous than the enemies it contains and toss the balance off the game's axis.

IDK, then maybe make it an option on the options menu if it'd really piss that many people off.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Manatee Cannon posted:

Please stop giving me health ups as the Lost game, thanks in advance.

Prefer health ups to Ipecac, though, TIA

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Logan 5 posted:

If you think this is the worst change from the original, you clearly have not tried playing as the Lost.

e: how many Dead Cats are in the Devil Room pool? I just used the D6 on one in the curse room and it rerolled into... another Dead Cat? Are there at least two in order to increase the chance of the Lost getting it once a run?

Ohshit, can you improve your Lost chances by getting 18 Lives?

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

dis astranagant posted:

Sadly, I'm pretty sure sad bombs only fire normal tears, albeit big ones. Feel free to prove me wrong.

There are at least some abnormal tears that work in conjunction with Sad Bombs. Ipecac, for example.

Also, if Sad Bombs fire regular tears instead of Brimstone, then what the gently caress is the reasoning on not synching with Dr. Fetus, to let you shoot unlimited Tear-producing bombs?

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
It just occurred to me that if The Lost got a Holy Mantle/Cursed Skull combo he'd pretty much have a free victory. :psyduck: Unless a Holy Mantle depletion doesn't count as a hit for the purposes of Cursed Skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
For a balanced devil deal, picking up Dark Bum should give you three empty heart containers, and take a red heart away from you. :v: