Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

gently caress it took me like forever to get the cheevo that's "get these 2 mom items on same run". some rng poo poo will be impossible

Even more of an excuse to play forever :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Sorry if it's been mentioned, but I can't possibly go through 850 new posts right now.

Anyways, I found out this morning that broken remote + empty bottle = infinite free instant teleports. I've played 3 hours and already no-hit basement, caves, depths and womb due to this.

I feel like a cheater

Little Blue Couch posted:

Here's a tip for everyone having trouble with Azazel: get mutant spider and the book of belial. People talk about one-shotting bosses but this was absolutely ridiculous. The boss rush room was a joke, I actually feel guilty that I completed it so easily. You guys ever get that, where like, you get through a run but you kind of feel like you didn't earn it because the game just absolutely handed it to you? Complicated emotions

My first chest gave me tammy's head with Azazel. Pretty much just a win button in itself, but I also got a ton of damage ups.

A Frosty Witch fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 5, 2014

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

-Towards the end of my run I started teleporting randomly whenever I hit the space bar. It didn't seem to matter what item I was holding, I just kept warping around. Was the hell was going on?

You picked up the Broken Remote trinket, makes you teleport whenever you use your spacebar item

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

ProfessionalNinja posted:

One of my first runs of the game I got: Mom's Wig, Sticky Spawning (spider nest that follows you around turning the ground into web and spitting out blue spiders), Enough items to become Guppy, and Guppy's head. I barely had to do anything, because my flies and spiders were wrecking everything for me.

Ludovico's Technique and Mom's Wig are also really insane mixed together, because the spiders just instantly max out as soon as they disappear.

My very first run was basically 100% spider themed. Mom's wig, spider revenge, sticky spawning, radioactive spider... then I died. But I have no doubt in my mind the rest of my drops would have also been spider related.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

TheModernAmerican posted:

Alright so I killed mom (and got all the no hit achievements) because I got Ludovico on Azazel on the first floor.

Then there was this massive boss rush thing that I managed to beat but it sapped away enough of my health to be able to get to Mom's heart. I really need to learn which items will kill my run because that broken remote thing is probably the worst trinket in the game. It teleports you every time you use your active item.

I got broken remote with the empty bottle (for storing hearts) and you can literally just teleport as much as you want. Just cheese the hell out of it and teleport until you hit the item rooms, secret rooms, shops, loot the arenas and bounce when enemies spawn, and then just keep waiting till it plops you in the boss room.

That combo was the sole reason I no-hit the first three floors in one run.

PostNouveau posted:

What's the donation machine do? Usually it just stops accepting my coins real quick. Does it pay out at some point?
At certain donation levels, I think 20 or 25 for the first level, your shop upgrades and gets better items in the pool. The amount carries over to future runs and you just build off of it. It limits the amount you can donate per run so you can't just get a dollar and power level it.

A Frosty Witch fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 5, 2014

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Not allowed :smith:

Hilarious.

Exploding aborted fetus angels into piles of intestines? Sure.
Naughty words? :siren:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Alkydere posted:

Goddamn, I cannot stand the Depths music. I understand it's supposed to be spooky and such...only there's a ding in it that sounds exactly like the buttons on my apartment's microwave. I keep hearing it and think someone's messing with the microwave.

Christ, I thought I was losing it last night. My wife is sick and went to bed early and I actually managed to put the kid to sleep at a reasonable hour so I was being very careful about not waking them up.

That little chime sounds just like my phone's morning alarm and I kept pausing the drat game to go check and make sure my alarm wasn't going off. Even knowing it's just the game music I still get anxious when it plays.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

The thing holding me off from buying it is the new sprite look looks kind of bad to me. I'll probably pick it up at the first sale, but I just thought it's weird that I like the lovely flash style more.

The pixel look just didn't mesh with me either. It just didn't make sense in my brain after playing the original for so long. I couldn't really tell things apart and it made me play badly. Sounds dumb, but the smoothing filter actually helps out a lot. It makes the game make more sense visually.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

e: also i swear it's way easier than the original game too. definitely easier than Wrath of the Lamb

I don't know about that. I got platinum god on WotL and could manage to at least squeak out a Chest victory 9/10 times regardless of the RNG's feelings towards me.

But this game is a different beast entirely. I've only beaten the heart once and died countless times. It's definitely much more involved, if not more difficult.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Tollymain posted:

it drops soul hearts, trinkets, a crystal ball, and it has a huge cock on the back it uses to gently caress your wife when it comes alive at night

:wtc:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

My game install is glitched to hell because there's no loving way the RNG legitimately gave me lard in the basement 1 item room for thirteen runs in a row.

Holy poo poo.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Can someone explain Lazarus to me? What's his gimmick? He just seems to be Isaac with an extra life and some sort of one time use consumable?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can also use poop and a bomb to fill in holes in the ground if there aren't any rocks nearby.

:psyboom:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Really enjoying the flaming skull in this.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Is it a known bug for robo baby 2.0 to make your other companions just chill at the door and never move anywhere?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

My first Lost run gave me ludovico, gnawed leaf, and max damage by basement 2. What the Christ, game?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Somehow this happened after a dice room:

All I had to do was enter a room and hit the fire key and everything would die.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Real Platinum God, at last. The greatest hurdle was not The Lost, or lovely RNG, or unavoidable damage. Nor was it obtaining a meat boy/bandage girl.

No, the greatest challenge in Real Platinum God was making Steven appear in the basement. In almost 500 runs he never showed up once. I spent over 3 hours today running the basement over and over and over. I was about to give up and he finally appeared.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does little steven show up as your final achievement on steam?

No, Steven was the only item I'd never seen, and I realized it's because I've never seen Steven the boss outside of the arena

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I found out yesterday after using an emperor card that curse of the maze can proc on a teleport item, sending you to a different room than the teleportation target.

Incidentally, curse of the maze gargles balls

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

I see Binding of Isaac everywhere now

As I read this post, I got a text from my friend:

friend posted:

"There are like ten panels like this on the sanctuary walls at my church. All i can think of is the butt munchers from BOI"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Rebirth has spoiled me. I look back at WotL fondly, but when the framerate plummeted due to there being ten baby spiders on the screen, the reality came flooding back.