Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

yeah, i generally only like pixel stuff if it's done well and rebirth definitely fits the bill and is also up against the really generic newgrounds flash style which isn't much of a contest

It kind of helps that Ed pretty much, uh, made that Flash style over the years. I thought BoI looked great, but I'm also a huge fan of the new one too. :shrug:

Should I start playing on PS4 or my Mac though? Decisions, decisions. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Y'all acting like you never used steam before. this literally always happens for every game.

:byodood: BUT I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO AT WORK TODAY :byodood:

Also it's really silly how hyped I was to see a new trailer for something I'm going to be playing in less than 20 minutes.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I'm 2/3 wins so far, and I'd have gotten that first one too if I hadn't had some stupid item that kept warping me out of the boss room every time I took a hit. :negative:

God this game is fun.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
PY38
PCH7

Has literally the worst room I have ever seen, two (maybe three?) to the left of the start of floor two. It's a loving meat grinder. Needs to be seen to be believed.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

dis astranagant posted:

How do you guys approach Lazarus? I'm tempted to just impale him on a sacrifice or curse room asap because he's so drat useless on the first life.

The only Lazarus run I've done ended with shielded anti-gravity orbiting tears of death, I didn't even know he did anything different after he died. :ohdear:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Read posted:

You need at least OpenGL 3 to not get the white screen issue, btw. That came out in like 2006 or something so I think most computers that still function in 2014 should have it?

Don't you understand that their broad vague claims were bullshit lies and deliberate schemes to get people to waste their money? gently caress them and everything they stand for those lazy rear end in a top hat bastards!!!

Seriously that was probably the worst "glitches" write up I've ever seen: It's not a "resources" post if you're just loving whining about it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Carbon dioxide posted:

Well, then I challenge you to make a better post. :colbert:

I'll add any relevant information I get. As I said in the large post, send me a PM if you know of any as-of-yet unreported solutions to problems.

How about : "Hey, looks like people are still having this issue! Seems the devs may have an issue with OpenGL 2 chipsets, but if you have problems make sure to bug them if you're having problems, since there aren't any fixes floating around."

Instead of calling them liars and ripoff artists because you don't understand coding!

Seriously dude, this game is four loving days old.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Flush plus the petrified poop is a fantastic combination. So much free poo poo from poop.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Ludo + Coal is loving fantastic.

Especially in that double-wide, double-height boss rush room. :getin:

What item is it that spawns flies on kills? Because if you make a fly "profit" for a few rooms you have a blue halo of instant death.

E: Also did Samson's bloodlust always go up with damage? Sacrifice rooms take him from powerful at the end of a floor to "HOLY poo poo LOL" levels of damage.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Screw the haters, I love the Cellar.

Mainly for the music. It sounds like Metroid Prime. :allears:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

BJPaskoff posted:

Even though every secret the game has was leaked within days of the game's release, there were still some things I avoided getting spoiled on. I have to spoil the way I found the boss rush mode, and I'm not going to use spoiler tags because everyone knows how to get it now. I lost my first run due to Cursed Eye, then won my second run to Mom's Foot. My third run, I don't even remember what I had, but I killed Mom's Foot with like five minutes to spare. The wall crumbled, so I said, "poo poo man, they listened to my silent prayers and let us go back to the rest of the floor after killing Mom!" Then I went in and had some massive confusion that I wasn't in Depths II any longer.

The sudden rush of bosses and not knowing what was going on was incredible. I'd heard people talk about a boss rush while I read about it between the game's supposed release time and the actual release, but I thought it was something I'd have to choose from the start menu, not something that popped up during the game.

I also just killed the actual last boss of the game in a similar way. I knew that Mega Satan existed, and I knew how to get to it, but I hadn't even seen a screenshot of the fight yet.

It's kind of funny, I played the absolute poo poo out of the original Isaac, but not very much Wrath of the Lamb, so it's been really fun seeing what all happens after you beat Sheol and the Cathedral (which weren't in the original release I think, they got patched in with the Krampus and a few other things before WotL if I remember right).

Just saw the Dark Room for the first time ever today, and it gave me a Curse of Darkess on it to boot. :allears:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Poizen Jam posted:

You know what grinds my gears most about Cursed Eye? It's the fact a 'burst fire tears' mechanic is actually reasonably cool, potentially balanced item if not for the stupid teleport drawback.

We have shotgun tears, we have large single slow firing tears, and we have machine gun tears and charge tears. Why not burst fire without such an awful drawback?

Isn't Monstro's Lung the same thing? Or am I thinking wrong because I never pick the drat thing up any more.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ugato posted:

I am in this same boat. I don't know if there's just something about him that doesn't click, but he is just insanely hard for me. I had a double trouble Dingle boss room. It was mid way though a really nice cursed run. I had a full 8 hearts and a full yum heart and mediocre damage. I didn't survive more than what seemed like 30 seconds.

E: note, I am one of the 70% who hasn't unlocked It Lives. I never even killedsaw mom's first form until I played Rebirth. I'm very bad at this game. Though I did eventually beat the Cursed challenge that night!

Dingle has one gimmick and one gimmick alone: When he starts to move, stop shooting at him. His trajectory is really insane when you shoot him, like Gurdy Jr. only worse. Otherwise he's harmless.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Gurgling, Gurdy Jr. and Dingle also do that when they're charging.

Gurglings aren't too bad though, since they always start off straight horizontal or vertical, like Chub.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Your Computer posted:

:psyduck: That wouldn't explain it, since f.lux changes your monitor settings and doesn't change the actual pixels in memory. Since a screenshot is essentially just a memory dump, I literally have no idea how he managed to get that sepia tint.

It's been in tons of other folks' screenshots too. Really bizarre.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Is 1.031 the newest patch? And does it have anything to do with why my game seems to poo poo itself when I'm picking Eden, crashing to desktop and he has no items when I pick Continue? Other characters work fine. The hell, game. :psyduck:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Wugga posted:

Or a 6-room charge but it would blanket the entire screen much like Isaac's last form.

I guess that would make it slightly overpowered though.

That's basically what Flush does, perfectly balanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Yaws posted:

I've made a terrible mistake.

Gonna give this one a pass then!

It has local assistive co-op (player two helps out, doesn't collect stuff) but Isaac's primarily a one player game.