Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can't wait to get this on the PS4 on Tuesday. At least with the new share play option, it will be easy to do the local co-op online with a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah hope the RNG is better on boss drops this time. The above mention pageant boy seem to appear more then anything, which always gave you barely five cents.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did my first success playthrough on the Vita version, and it runs really well. Very impress with the sync option for the PS4, as I continued my save from the PS4 I quit out of and took it to the Vita after about ten seconds of syncing. Shame the game still seems to give you pagrant boy a lot after bosses, even through I am curious if it got some changes to it beside giving you money when you find it.

Man, almost got Lazarus, but kept getting some cheap hit before I could get four soul hearts.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am loving the PS4/Vita verison, but I am a bit worry it might get left behind in updates compare to the Steam release.

That said, Revenge Fly for a minor little item is pretty good if you get hit on a non-mobile boss like Mom's Heart or Grundy, as it just rapidly drains their health while it just hovers over them.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So which crappy item is it that makes you teleport out of a room if you get hit? Could never finish regular mom because every hit threw me into a random room.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Lord of Hats posted:

Probably Cursed Eye.

I did pick that up in the run. Probably going to skip that from now on.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wish the sync would work on the PS4 version. Have to keep playing the Vita version since my progress is all on that system now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Jeez will sync ever work again on the PS4. Figured the update would had fixed it, but it still errors out when trying to grab the save from the Vita.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Judas, it was hilarious in the great run I had with him where after one devil room deal, the rest of the game he constantly got the heaven doors instead...to the point I killed Isaac in Heaven with him. And I still don't even have It's Lives unlocked yet.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man Devil Beggar is so good for Blue Baby. I never could do a legit run for him in the original version, always just using Isaac to D6 a secret room item to a Ankh and then die up by whatever boss I need to kill with Bluebaby. But now with Devil Beggar, I am almost always filled with soul/dark hearts by the time I get to It Lives.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow I must got really lucky with Azazel today, as I found the Ludovico on the very first room I enter as him. I start to get a bunch of health later on, which combine that with finding the Card Dupicator/Sun Card/Nun Veil...and I just coast through the game, right through the boss rush and [Mega Satan. Made a video of it, but it starts on the final floor of the Womb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFeEGlDymHc

Here the seed if anyone wants to play this broken run.

JYE0
C72E

Only thing I regret is not grabbing Money is Power before the boss rush, as I got a LOT of money in the Chest.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still wish the Horsemen didn't drop Meatboy/Bandagegirl parts. It always feels like I get one of the horsemen in a run and the rest will never appear. So it forever a worthless floating item that MAY block a shot.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The first time ever I wanted Bob's Brain was when I found Pyromaniac...and he was waiting for me down in the Womb in the blue mini-boss door. It was just hilarious then since "oh I accidentally hit myself when near a enemy" and just heal up.

Fighting Satan with Pyromaniac was fun through, since his third form couldn't even hurt me, as those flying guys in the room kept ramming me and healing me to the point I was at full health the whole time he was stomping.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I had a Judas run that was pretty normal for the most part early on, finding slow down tears and double shot. Then at a point I grab chocolate milk and it was got better. Then Money is Power and a TON of money. But the real fun starts when I got to the boss rush when I got Cricket's Body. Yet the run only more silly as it got to the chest, where I find Proptosis and the game is just on permanent easy mode.

This run also got me the final 'no hit' chivo too! :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCLZxyTs8r4

I pause a few times in the video (which if you want the seed it there) to look up the items for a second.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, finally beat Satan and Isaac with the Lost (on Hard) and the game didn't give me the trophy for either.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

shmee posted:

Are you on PS4? I get this sometimes and as far as I can tell it's if I exit a run, upload my save to the cloud, then continue. The only fix I have is to upload the save, delete the local copy, then download the save again. When you do that, missing trophies will pop.

Okay I will do this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Played a lot of the Switch version and yeah it a great version. Only issues besides lack of a reset run option is huge tears can cause slight slowdown. This tends to happen on stuff like brimstone and tammy head. Light years ahead of how the Vita version was when that first came out. Despite someone saying it in the Switch thread, there isn't any slowdown in the Womb and beyond. Also the Switch version seems to moved around some of the Afterbirth Plus stuff, as I didn't start seeing the Vortex enemies until I killed The Lamb, and the only run I seen them on so far was the Victory Lap I had. Still not seen any of the new bosses beyond the boss rush.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Yeah, Tyrone mentioned in the Polygon interview that the Switch version slowly scales up with a bunch of Everything is Terrible!!!-type difficulty increases, depending on your progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChB8Tn_H7vU

Which is a good change that I wish the PC version had. I watched a friend stream the DLC the day it came out and it looked super rough and unfun. Where the content from it now seems pretty normal outside a few new enemies being bullet sponges (the black leeches and the fat guy who can create them).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blaine the Train posted:

Just out of curiosity, have you had the little heads on spider legs glitch out on you? Both me and a friend have had them hop immediately into the top left corner of a room and get stuck there, in some cases behind rocks so you can't get 'em unless you have a bomb handy. Thankfully exiting the game and continuing seems to make them disappear. But yeah, aside from that weird little hiccup I'm having a lot of fun!

Not yet. There was some enemies I would see spawn in a room and instantly disappear but it would clear the room.

And now I am seeing the Afterbirth Plus enemies, but at this point they don't seem as lovely as they were when I watch Psych stream this on day one and he would get a ton of rooms with the big stone guys or the vortex spawning a billion things, including stone guys and the white skulls. Looks like they don't appear in the game until The Lamb dies, so if you got the Switch version and want to do easier runs without the new enemies, probably hold off on killing The Lamb.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lambskin posted:

Hey guys, any tips for someone coming from enter the gungeon?Just got this game yesterday, seems pretty fun so far.

Early on I say try to get use to the enemies so you can see their attack patterns while also just grab items to find out what works. Later on you can just look them up on the Platniumgod site to see if it not going to work with your current run. Probably just stick with the normal Mom/Mom's Heart runs and avoid the Lamb until you feel confident, as killing him unlocks the DLC enemies that can be pretty tough.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
As bad some of the new bosses the DLCs add...none can top Mask of Infamy when you have a run without piercing or anything to hit him in the back. Completely killed interest in finishing my run after going through a several soul hearts and getting red heart damage to lose the devil room once again. I honestly rather fight Husk again over that jerk without a decent way to hurt it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That the thing, I never get to see the proper Mask of Infamy fight most times since I would get a run where I have piercing or some other item that wrecks it. But last night run was just "I have high stats..and that really it" and tore up by it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gloryhold It! posted:

You shouldn't be getting torn up by it. Maybe by how much loving time it's wasting, but like how do you lose to him unless you have ipecac or something?
Like, I'm legit confused.

I killed it in that run, but I lost a lot of health and time. And I got mad since I lost the devil room chance once again. I been trying to get the boss rush for Apollyon and having that thing appear just ruins any chance of reaching it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since these won't show up right away on the Switch version (probably with the initial bugfix and fixing the lack of quick start), are these optional or they just automatically added to the game? These do sound pretty cool through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Martian Manfucker posted:

Automatically added to the base game. Although the charge bar is an optional QoL improvement.

Okay cool. I really want that charge bar change since it sometimes hard to see when it's ready for Azrael or I got hit by "one makes you smaller".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While the run had a hilarious ending due to brimestone + cursed eye + mom's knife, which is just me throwing one thousand knives at people until they die, it was the most dull visit to the chest in terms of items due to accidently using Gulp on the left hand and then on a curse of the blind, getting Guppy's tail.

Visiting the chest and getting nothing but red chests is so sad. :smith:

[edit]

Also man Polyphemus and Booger Shot is a hilarious combo. I got them in my game as Judas along with Money is Power. I got to Hush and he died in about 40 seconds, as they were just stuck to him while doing full power constantly. Killed Delirious too, but since he warps around, didn't cheesed to death.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 27, 2017

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

the popular kids posted:

Playing a bit on the Switch and I can say there is definite slowdown. I had brimstone (I didn't realise it was in the regular boss table) and Tammy's head. Those were the only two visual items and every time I used Tammy's head there was significant slowdown lol. I can't imagine what multiple victory laps will be like.

Victory Lap won't let you keep all the items you got, so you probably lose Brimstone or Tammy Head after the first or second one. My first victory lap had a really broken combo that did the slowdown, but victory lap on the next one deleted parts of it and lost the slowdown.

I imagine we probably get a patch soon to get rid of most of the slowdown while also probably adding the first booster pack to the game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is that suppose to happen to Delirium? I was fighting him as Cain, and was doing okayish damage on him, then he turned into Larry Jr or the decayed version of him, and suddenly he went from near full health to near death. I had the spider mod familiar in the fight and noticed I was doing 999 damage to him during that phase or something like that. I mean he was hosed no matter what, as I had a full health bar, wafer, and a full health pill. And he only did took out one heart the whole time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Probably a bug, I have seen it too. At least it is a bug in favor of the player :)

Looks like this is a common positive bug related to Delirium and him taking the Larry Jr/Hollow form. Not going to complain, as it makes that boss WAY less of a hassle.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ha, beat the April's Fool challenge. I did the suggested method of clearing the challenge to unlock the gold heart, which upon getting one, it makes the challenge WAY easier. Also found the normally useless Mine Crafter on the first floor, so with it one room charge, I kept using it with random effects. Did have a few annoying ones with that, as it gave me glass cannon three times, but thankfully the room was covered in coins so I quickly got my health back and with some gold hearts to spare.

Thought the run was hosed because one of the random items I got was cursed eye, but the random active item gave me D4 which got rid of that piece of poo poo. The new form was weak at first (outside of it triggering Conjoined), but then found Guppy items to get that form along with some much needed damage up. So fitting on the final Bloat fight to just kill him in seconds after him being a huge pain in the rear end.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow gently caress the Speed challenge. It not even the time limit but the super fast enemies that just constantly hit you. I lost three hearts on loving spiders on floor three, ugh. Guess the lovely Get Out of Jail Free card will just never be unlocked then. Oh well.

[edit]

Oh great, I had a good Ultra Hard run going...and I got telepill into the error room before killing Mom. :suicide: to that run.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 4, 2017

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So I had a fun Isaac run as Lazarus today (sorry for the twitter embends).

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/850541493714468866

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/850541756592541696

This run was rough as heck until I got Host Hat before Hush. Shame Hush was a unfun fight since he has that armor, and the bombs kept pushing me into his bullets. I actually used Lazarus' extra life on that fight and had to quickly get the Nail working in the Void to survive. Thankfully after a few rough calls, I found some soul hearts and got myself back to a good state and quickly killed Delirium.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TopHatGenius posted:

I want to make a mod that disables telepills for the Mom and Womb/Utero II pills. Had an amazing run that gave me all sorts of damage up boosts with Godhead, only for me to accidentally use a ??? Pill that spawned when It Lives died. Triggered the telepill and sent me to the error room. :mad:

This isn't even the first time too.

I forever hate telepills for ruining my Ultra Hard run, as it sent me to a Error Room on the floor you fight Mom, so I had no negative to finish it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Have they ever said when the booster pack is coming to the Switch. Figured that and the quick restart would been patched in by now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any tips to unlock the skeleton? I got to Shoel with host hat on floor one, but just had almost no damage or any real combo, just the basic tears and got killed there. I had a good combo damage run another run, but ran out of HP in the boss rush. Both times were Isaac, as I was using his item to get a good starting floor item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I forgot all about Azarel. I not played Isaac in a while and just got in the mood to play it again and bother to unlock Forgotten since he seems like actually fun to play unlike the other one I not unlock, The Keeper.