Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Wait why are people uninstalling Wrath of the Lamb? Like, for ceremony, or for some specific Steam-based reason that I don't know about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I don't even know what's going on anymore with this run, but I one-shot everything and seem to have obtained a LOT of items I don't recall picking up... ever...

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Cobalt60 posted:

I don't even know what's going on anymore with this run, but I one-shot everything and seem to have obtained a LOT of items I don't recall picking up... ever...

Actually, serious question: How do you display the "FULL" load-out? My little post-in note in the pause screen is full, but not displaying all items.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

CrashCat posted:

And everyone's favorite missing pill!

Cobalt just got a Guillotine and it is loving with his gameplay so much. Pro troll item for sure.

What's the Guillotine?

Also, I found a couple types of secret rooms that run:

One that appeared under a rock, and went down a ladder (side-scroller style for an interim screen), then had something between a shop and a devil room

Another secret room in the womb had red dots on the floor, and a bunch of items, but when I got a few of the items, the whole floor reset.

Whatever, weird as gently caress but I killed the heart and I think maybe I was indestructible somehow - If I got hit, my red hearts turned to grey then... back again? And I was guppy, too. Insane. Love this game.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Azazel is terrible, charged shots are terrible, brimstone is terrible.

I unironically agree with this. Charge times actually make the game un-fun for me, regardless of the wow-factor post-shot.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I think I just unlocked the cathedral this run (first time it's been available after the heart room.

I also have a charged shovel. If i use the shovel...

what will happen?

EDIT: Nevermind, the answer is the shovel does NOTHING...

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 7, 2014

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Wow what an odd run. First pickup was ipecac, and then a bunch of powerups, so it became a game of "don't kill yourself."

Then, a shield shots, which was OK but I didn't realize this means the ipecac bomb explodes when it blocks a shot.

THEN I got the daddy longlegs, which is DEFINITELY the best familiar.

THEN... well, then I got to Isaac. I could not land a shot. Everything blew up in my face. Oh well.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Sorry if this is obvious, but do the challenge paths counts towards the "number of mom/heart kills it takes to unlock the cathedral / sheol" progress?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Rocketlex posted:

If you kill Mom's Heart as part of a challenge does it count towards your wins to get It Lives and stuff like that?

I also want to know this, thanks game nerds.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Just beat boss rush for the first time. I agree with an earlier post: Seems like once you 'tip' towards overpowered, you go ALL THE WAY.

Is there any bonus for beating boss rush multiple times, or just The Nail for the first time?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
synergy question: I have ipecac and the piercing shot that's triangle-shaped. If I pick up Brimstone, is that ... good?

Edit: OR, like the last version, does it take FOREVER to charge brimstone after? In which case, that's not very fun

EDIT TWO: Took your word, and in fact, it looks like it charges EVEN QUICKER than normal. neat, time to stop blowing myself up this run.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 11, 2014

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Handful of item/unlock ideas for a DLC.

I really hate these posts and I don't understand why you make them, hth

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Turpitude posted:

WORKING AS INTENDED

video of the battery attack in action:
http://raptr.com//grindylow/news/5462673fd55262a1d6/battery-attack-

Dad attends 90's era hardcore show with his kids.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
People seem excited for becoming Guppy, but ... what does it add, other than flight?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
So... I'm dead but maybe someone could tell me what happened. Great run with Ludovico, magnetic tears, and a bunch of other crap.

Boss rush is just me walking away from stuff while the tear waggles stuff to death.

Then Conquest and Death come out, and my tear RETREATS and turns white (from it's former red color). It basically flies AWAY from everything, to the bottom right.

Red horesman gets of horse and starts humping me. I go from full hearts to no hearts, cry myself to sleep.

Whyyyy

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
If I start a game with ??? and run a first-floor devil deal to get Judas's Shadow, which kills me, who does the game-win (e.g. beat satan) credit go to?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
GOD drat IT. is there any way to scroll through your current items, if there are more than the pause screen accommodates?

I just had an epic Eden run, but forgot I had picked up the Polaroid, not the negative, so when I later forgot which I picked, I ... I failed to get my easy Lamb kill due to a game-over after Satan.

If there's no way to "see all items" I should really add this as a feature request (tip: I won't).

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Oh, news to me, but I just picked up two dead cats on one floor.

I guess it's ENTIRELY MY FAULT now if I fail this solar system challenge, huh? drat game.

EDIT: drat, that was actually, sadly, very close. Almost lost to It Lives, and was down to 5 lives from 18. Two floating cat heads plus orbitals, plus familiars, etc. is all a bit distracting, too.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 30, 2015

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I thought all the quitting / restarting shenanigans were patched out.

Is it still possible to mash some buttons during the death sequence to avoid ending a run??

Also what's all this about infinite Krampus?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

ThaumPenguin posted:

Now this is an Eden start I can get behind.

Not trying to brag, but my last Eden start was three red hearts, Brimstone, and Tammy's head.

... still died in the Boss Rush due to basically no health-ups the whole run... :smugissar:

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'm just about ready to give up on the meat boy / bandage girl builds. I've tried restarting until finding the Manual a few times, with hopes to pickup anything to allow multiple uses (sharp plug, etc), but won the game before finding those extra synergies.

Any tips? Happy to just say gently caress it at this point...

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Felix_Cat posted:

I found it's easiest to go Isaac with D6 and restart until your first treasure room is Pyro. Painstaking but once you get that you have a pretty decent chance of getting infinite rolls. If you put all your rerolls into the shop you should be able to get sharp plug or habit, and from there you just need an enemy with explosive shots (which you use to reroll an item until you can generate your own explosions). Plus you may be able to use the same run to generate other items you need.

Wait what.

How is having something that makes you immune to explosive shots also used to reroll items??

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
What's sad is when you have 50+ pedestal items in a room and it just showcases how lame 50+ of the items can really be. Oh 40 spacebar items and a few health-ups? But it LOOKED so broken!

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

The Kins posted:

New blog update talking about an upcoming expansion pack for Rebirth called Afterbirth (of course) and... an update for Wraith of the Lamb?!

wtf 8 out of those 9 challenge ideas sound awful. Dammit reddit.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'm mid-run right now trying to unlock The Lost. I think I'm on-track but my Azazel run has Pyromaniac, Holy Shield, Trinity Shield, mask of Infamy, and tons of other stuff...

In most rooms, I'm basically invincible.

How best to guarantee that I die to Satan?

Edit: forgot plus sacrificial knife, fat orbitals and guppy's collar, infested, am guppy oh gently caress I simply cannot die.

Edit 2: died twice to his first form by ramming into him non-stop. He almost died before I did, but Lost unlocked, good lord.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 18, 2015

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Pivotal Lever posted:

I finally finished a hard mode Lost run, I scummed for floor 1 9 lives and got Mutant Spider in the treasure room, floor 2 devil deal was Brimstone, transformed into Guppy on Depths 1 part deux (thanks Forget Me Now!), the rest is history. I really should've gone for The Lamb with Brimstone Guppy but I feel much safer doing the chest, now I just need to scum for another Brimstone Guppy and then beat the boss rush. Feels good to win a Lost run finally.

Is everyone Command-Q'ing upon death to beat the Lost runs? After doing this (many times in one run) last night to beat Boss Rush mode, I cannot understand the idea of doing it totally clean, e.g. no restarting and no fast-quitting.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
So I just finished unlocking everything, and I have a good handful of items I've never picked up. Perhaps worse, I have only around 650 coins in the donation machine.

Is there some sneak way to farm coins? I suppose for the unseen items, it's best to just setup an infinite reroll run, with angel rooms, and hope for the best?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

TheModernAmerican posted:

Run Azazel for the first few floors, grab up any coins and reset once you get your first key. You get something like 10-20 a run.

And the infinite rerolls is the way to go, no doubt.

Ugh, unless the first three Azazel runs bottom out the donation machine after 1-2 coins. That's honestly a loving obnoxious feature.

Maybe I'll try again later...

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Gibbo posted:

This is why you were supposed to do it as you played. Every now and then you'll find a run where you can put in 70+ coins and you happen to have piggy bank + swallowed penny + humble bundle

Yeah, I did this throughout, and only "withdrew" a couple times to help during a couple boss rush runs. Maybe it's because I set it to "hard" since the beginning? Whatever the reason, the prospect of farming 300 more coins is really unappealing just to get Platinum and Real Platinum...

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

kemikalkadet posted:

Nope they were always pretty amazing.

DID YOU JUST ADD AN "L" TO PINKING OH poo poo

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

omeg posted:

Well, you can get Super Envy in the first room now :suicide:

Fine, as long as they keep the easy reset intact. In fact, any Envy anywhere on the first floor and I mash R, or risk hating the game.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
God Mode??

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

BlackFrost posted:

Holy poo poo, how does anyone have the patience to play as The Lost? After a good 100 death streak, I finally had a good enough run going to make it to Womb 2. I was feeling good--just a few rooms from It Lives, and I had The Bible, so if nothing else I was going to get the loving heart kill. Stop Watch is 100% required to get this far by the way, unless you get one of those crazy runs where you look at something and it dies.

Anyway, room before It Lives, it's a room with two of those giant versions of the eyeballs that shoot brimstone lasers. Dead before I can even react to them.

This is some horseshit. I may wait until The Lost gets "powered up" with spectral tears, as that should at least make The Cellar feasible to claw through to see if the first few items are going to make the run possible or not.

Does it still work to fast-quit the game before your death-ghost hits the top of the screen? That's the only way I beat the Lost's unlock requirements.

TBH, I think this would be a fine way to play the character. It makes him like a level-by-level rogue-like, instead of all-or-nothing which is at least reasonable, to me.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

IMJack posted:

Afterbirth Update: All About Daily Seeds
Negative points:

-?? per item taken (still testing this but i want people to be a bit more choosy on what they take and push risk reward a bit more here)

Submit complaints to the Reddit thread

This is the opposite of risk/reward it is simply "negative points for advancing" and is stupid. Not so stupid that I'll post anything to Reddit tho

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
there are also the couple ways to reroll the character, which can lead to desirable results.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

Diplopia could be really useful if you get the right item drop, assuming you can get the benefit from item buffs twice. Like if you find the Mark in a sacrifice room or get Tammy's Head in a chest, using Diplopia to double them would mean a huge increase in damage.

I mean, there's no way it would work in a three-item devil room... right??

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
5. Doesn't the "quit really quick while your ghost is still onscreen" technique still work? Use that, since it only resets Lost games to the floor you were on. Takes a while but it's do-able.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

de la peche posted:

Actually managed to finish my first ever run as The Lost; all the way through and finished The Chest. Although I got super lucky, managed somehow to get TWO dead cats, Guppy's Collar, and Guppy's Tail which gave me a whole lot of lives. As I got to ???, I was on my very last chance. Just the other route to get massively lucky on, then the boss rush...

I also had two dead cats AND a one-up when I beat the boss rush with the Lost, I think it's the only time I ever had 19 lives... still burned down to one or two beating ??? so it was surprisingly tense.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Where do I find the option to turn off the lovely new VOs for every pill/card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Oh good, that voice was embarrassingly stupid. After MGSV, I don't need yet another foothold for my wife to relentlessly mock my video game play.