Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Super excited to get Platinum God on this and probably whatever level of additional achievements they added this time around (Diamond God??).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

The Box owns, how could you hate it? It's way better than +1 red heart and given the choice I'd go with the Box every time.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

I came here to ask about this Boss Rush thing; I just experienced it and didn't know wtf it was. What is it?

Also, I got Dark Boy accidentally already. Welp.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

When do I start to unlock Sheol/Cathedral/etc? I can't remember and I am getting bored with runs ending on Mom's Heart. I just unlocked ???. At least the boss rush is keeping things interesting!

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Welp, Azazel + Quad Shot + Mom's Knife + Spoon Bender + some damage means that the boss rush took me about 45 second total. Nothing took more than two throws of the knives to kill.

e: this is also my first run with the imbalanced Dark Bum that everyone's been talking about

e2: just got the Pentagram on top of already maxed damage; this is gonna be my first Chest run in Rebirth (just unlocked) and I'm glad that it's on such an insane itemset

Rashomon fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 9, 2014

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Does Polyphemus pair in an interesting way with either Number One or Soy Milk? I have both of those as options in the Boss Rush room right now...

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

The self-damaging stuff they added in Rebirth is all really annoying. I just tried Mega Satan for the first time and managed to die only because I had quad shot with the fire/explosion tears that I had picked up before the boss rush. It's just a little dull because it's like "well, never going to pick that up again" once I know what it does. The fire is cool, too, but quarters are too close in this game to really want to deal with anything that can hit me for a full heart if I accidentally am too close to the enemy I'm attacking. Unless you get that explosion->heal item I guess.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

So I just beat The Lamb and Mega Satan. Got Golden God from the first one of those as well as the Missing Poster unlock, and seemingly nothing from the second. Am I supposed to get anything unlocked by beating that last boss? An achievement even?

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

So, apparently seeds work to unlock The Lost, can anyone confirm? And does anyone have a seed with an early Mulliboom? I'm getting sick of restarting.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Rashomon posted:

So, apparently seeds work to unlock The Lost, can anyone confirm? And does anyone have a seed with an early Mulliboom? I'm getting sick of restarting.

Anyone? Do Mullibooms even spawn in Basement/Cellar I?

e: or, putting it another way, how am I supposed to find a Mulliboom to kill myself on?

Rashomon fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 10, 2014

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

What is Dead Boy? No-hit Sheol?

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

I just had a crazy Judas run, 33BE GHEQ.

Features include finding all Tears Up/Range Up/Balls of Steel pills despite missing PhD on not one but two shops, tons of damage items, early flight, Guppy Mode, getting not one not two but THREE angel rooms despite taking a Devil Deal on Basement II AND getting Ceremonial Robes in a Curse Room, and the d100. My payload was so powerful I took it all the way to ??? before using the d100, and proceeded to have fun clearing the Chest with other various insanely powered item sets. I easily no-hit both the Cathedral and the Chest. Good times.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

What pool is Raw Liver in? Somehow I apparently haven't seen it.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

I really wish I could have picked up a screen shot of this, but I grabbed it too fast: 99 coins, holding two 2 of Diamonds cards, with the Dollar sitting on the ground. (I was holding move into a slot machine in the Cathedral and it blew up on like the third pull). I fully picked up not one, not two, but THREE Steam Sales in this run. (One bought, one from a Super Greed room, one from a Greed in the Cathedral) I'm rich!

In this run I also would have stacked probably 100+ Soul Hearts if they still went off screen. Thanks, Little Chub + Dark Bum + Contract From Below + three Heart secret rooms + aforementioned huge cash + a huge payload that means I don't really get hit!

Still can't find Raw Liver though.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Color Printer posted:

I want to say they made Krampus's Brimstone tell just a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit longer in this version but it might be confirmation bias. Either way it definitely fucks me up less than it did in the original.

I am pretty sure enemy Brimstone's hit area is the full width of the beam for the entire duration. So at the end of the graphic when you should be able to close in, because the beam is getting smaller, it seems to still hit you, until the beam is fully gone.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Got an amazing infinite-reroll-run and was able to knock out all but one of my last items (that one being the Stopwatch, which I lazily haven't unlocked yet). Pyro+Ipecac on the first (XL) floor was nice. Sharp Plug (after some rerolling) on Caves 1, and it was all uphill from there. Oneshotting ??? is fun.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Honestly Mega Satan should just unlock for good after you collect the keys once. So you can kill him (or not) every time you go to the Chest/Dark Room.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Quad knife is the most fun combo in the game, especially if you get Spoon Bender too.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Haha. This was two shots I think. The game crashed shortly after. Thanks, infinite money loop on Greed mode!

edit: Wait! You can continue after a crash now! Or did they add an autosave thing before and I just didn't notice?

edit2: yeah, my bombs crash the program now flat out.

Rashomon fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 1, 2015

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Alkydere posted:

No. 2 (the diaper) is a legit bad item. I think I'm gonna avoid that like the plague from now on. At the best it's legit worse than Bob's Brain at its worst because you can't control when/where the thing drops poo-bombs (which I guess is the point) so you'll randomly have bombs spawning on/under you which you may not be able to avoid in time.

Oh and it can go off in the store when you're donating money, taking money out of your donation machine.

I am 99% sure that it drops bombs when you hold your fire button down for a few seconds. That's how it worked for me in a run I just had. It's actually an amazing item (infinite bombs!)

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Good news! I got Sacred Heart AND Godhead. On the same run, what are the odds, huh?

Bad news: it was on the Blue Bomber challenge.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Speed! is a silly challenge. I got Ipecac, Small Rock, AND Cricket's Head on floor 1 and still barely made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

The Lost with Holy Mantle is probably the strongest character in the game. The D4 is such a non-starter and doesn't match up well with him any more...the D20 would be much more interesting.