Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
There's STILL one item (item ID 416) and three trinkets (trinket IDs 83-85) that are missing from the game, indicated by the fact that IDs after those are working items.

Also, before the patch hit, trinket ID 84 was Rib of Greed, which is now gone from the game.

edit: What in the gently caress is a grimey drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Butyraceous posted:

I don't believe him when he says it's a bug. It literally doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't notice a bug that makes like half of your items not have their pedestal icons and not spawn, let alone not notice you can't get to an entire floor.

I think he just saw he pissed off a lot of people and backpedaled.

e: It'd be one thing if it was all of one type of item, like all items that leave an effect on the ground all didn't work because a "thing" would make sense, but just 70 arbitrary items not working for no reason???

Yeah, the missing items were missing a lot of code. I have no idea how getting a game onto Steam works exactly but I'm inclined to believe that if it was unintentional that they just accidentally put up an earlier build.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Today's daily challenge is the Lost.

And the first boss is the Haunt.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

Yeah, the missing items were missing a lot of code. I have no idea how getting a game onto Steam works exactly but I'm inclined to believe that if it was unintentional that they just accidentally put up an earlier build.

The first build public on steam had a broken save import feature, and THAT was fixed with a new build just hours after complaints arose. I'm not sure your theory of an old build holds water

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

No. 2 (the diaper) is a legit bad item. I think I'm gonna avoid that like the plague from now on. At the best it's legit worse than Bob's Brain at its worst because you can't control when/where the thing drops poo-bombs (which I guess is the point) so you'll randomly have bombs spawning on/under you which you may not be able to avoid in time.

Oh and it can go off in the store when you're donating money, taking money out of your donation machine.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

messagemode1 posted:

Today's daily challenge is the Lost.

And the first boss is the Haunt.

drat this I had gotten so good at beating him while playing Lost on Rebirth but when I killed the first little haunt the victory music started playing and threw off my mental game and I lost. Felt like such an idiot lol

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think both Hush and Ultra Greed are fun bosses. They take a while to beat but they don't bore me because they both have a good variety of attacks and often force you to make strategic decisions as well (eg whether to go after Ultra Greed's coins).

The Mega Satan fight is also good and Lil' Horn stands out as a lot more interesting than most of the other early bosses. I feel like if anything they should go back and rework some of the more one-note bosses that are holdovers from vanilla.
I strongly agree with this, actually. UG and Hush are orders of magnitude more interesting to fight than basically everything else in the game. Especially poo poo like monstro, who is always a bore.
It seems like they sort of did this with some champion enemies-like, there's a new mega maw variant that attacks with curving streams of bullets, and it's a lot more fun than normal mega maw.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
So has there been any word, like at all, on this coming to PS4 any time soon?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlackFrost posted:

So has there been any word, like at all, on this coming to PS4 any time soon?

They said it is coming just not when.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I loved the Lil' Horn fight. It has just enough going on without flat out overwhelming the player so early in the game. Definitely one of the better bosses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

I loved the Lil' Horn fight. It has just enough going on without flat out overwhelming the player so early in the game. Definitely one of the better bosses.

Yeah, Lil' Horn is fun and I like it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Lil' Horn is pretty dangerous if you've been upgrading your bombs. On the upside, they hurt him too.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Lil' Horn and the Frail are both cool. I'm kinda back and forth on Brownie, I like the fight but I haven't gotten it with low damage yet and I feel like that might be super frustrating.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I like Frail, but he appears way the gently caress too early. He seems like a Depths/Womb boss, but he can show up in the Caves.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Rorus Raz posted:

I like Frail, but he appears way the gently caress too early. He seems like a Depths/Womb boss, but he can show up in the Caves.

He's tough but I don't think the caves is too early for him. He doesn't really have that much hp.

I find mega fatty to be a way more obnoxious caves boss.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists

Alkydere posted:

No. 2 (the diaper) is a legit bad item. I think I'm gonna avoid that like the plague from now on. At the best it's legit worse than Bob's Brain at its worst because you can't control when/where the thing drops poo-bombs (which I guess is the point) so you'll randomly have bombs spawning on/under you which you may not be able to avoid in time.

Oh and it can go off in the store when you're donating money, taking money out of your donation machine.

I am 99% sure that it drops bombs when you hold your fire button down for a few seconds. That's how it worked for me in a run I just had. It's actually an amazing item (infinite bombs!)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yep it sure does, even with charge items like Mom's Knife and Brimstone.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Rashomon posted:

I am 99% sure that it drops bombs when you hold your fire button down for a few seconds. That's how it worked for me in a run I just had. It's actually an amazing item (infinite bombs!)

Oh, if that's how it works it might actually be good. Would explain why I bombed my donation box: I was shooting fires.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

If you're doing the Blue Bomber challenge, I'd advise against picking up the Car Battery. Your Kamikaze explosions do more damage, but you also get a much larger delay before you can use it again.

Also, dying to Satan's final form on the Blue Bomber challenge sucks. :(

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

Also, dying to Satan's final form on the Blue Bomber challenge sucks. :(

What can deal damage to you at that point? The leeches touching you?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Epic Fetus + Monstro's Lung + Inner Eye/Mutant Spider is goddamn hilarious. You fire a swirling bundle of 3-5 crosshairs that each drops as many bombs as your multishot modifier. It's like a portable artillery barrage.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I got rag man on the first floor and I was not strong enough to kill him rip

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oxyclean posted:

What can deal damage to you at that point? The leeches touching you?

Yep. When I was doing the challenge I was loving around on the final form just because I thought nothing there could damage me, but then I took leech contact damage while Suicide Bomber was on cooldown (which put me down to my final heart) and then played it safe the rest of the way.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Oxyclean posted:

Anyone else run into The Turdlings? They seem to be an exceptionally rare variant of gurdlings and they don't seem to turn up outside of boss rooms like the gurdlings can.

They hosed me up during a Speed challenge

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Power of Pecota posted:

Lil' Horn and the Frail are both cool. I'm kinda back and forth on Brownie, I like the fight but I haven't gotten it with low damage yet and I feel like that might be super frustrating.
Brownie sucks rear end with low damage, or low rate of fire. You can't really deal with all the dips he puts out.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

How the gently caress did I beat Onan's Streak with only one health for the entire Isaac fight?

I have used up all my luck and skill to ensure I will never get a Lost win again.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I was pretty cool with Onan's Streak until I got Cupid's Arrow

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think I'm having my best run since Afterbirth came out. Started as Eden with Book of Shadows(And poison bombs but those don't matter) and got Ipecac in the first treasure room. It all went uphill from there with stuff like Holy Mantle, Scared Heart, Guppy transformation, Sack head, Money is Power, ect. I even got the Key pieces to unlock Mega Satan and Dad's Key, got a few no damage achievements, and beat Mom's Heart fast enough to get to the Blue Womb(sadly not fast enough for the Boss rush though). I can post the seed if anyone wants but I don't think that'll let you start with specific items as Eden.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 4, 2015

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

The new poop boss that isn't brownie but the one he turns into has a lovely habit of spawning his ads right on top of you.

e: Also, another reason I'm guessing this wasn't just a troll or a bug is the fact that the donation machine stopped at 109, getting you an item at whatever it was. But now it goes to presumably 999 with nothing in between as rewards. That seems pretty unfinished to me??

Sibilant Crisp fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 4, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Can't beat hush. i dont care any more. i keep flinging myself at him every run but i can't beat him.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BillmasterCozb posted:

Can't beat hush. i dont care any more. i keep flinging myself at him every run but i can't beat him.

Get that range babby! Use bombs to take out trash mobs!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

BillmasterCozb posted:

I had a great run going, Shears + Battery meaning I could have two bodies dealing massive damage to bosses, while I personally had quadshot knives wrecking things.

Turns out that the bodies created by the Shears don't lock on to Hush's second form, and in my attempts to literally bodyslam myself in order to try and get the fuckers to aggro, I died.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Oh boy Hematomesis pill during the heart challenge on the womb

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BillmasterCozb posted:

I beat him on my first try :smug:
Keep your distance and focus more on avoiding his attacks than anything. He's got a huge-rear end hitbox so attacking should be the least of your worries.
Also the huge storm of waving bullets is more psychological than anything, most of them will go right past you if you keep your movements small and precise, panicking is what gets you hit a lot in that phase

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
You can stand right next to hush during the bullet storm phases and they won't hit you. They'll go right over your head. You can just point blank him in the face as long as you're avoiding the ones circling back and, like the guy above said, that's not really very hard if you're positioned right.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Fuego Fish posted:

I had a great run going, Shears + Battery meaning I could have two bodies dealing massive damage to bosses, while I personally had quadshot knives wrecking things.

Turns out that the bodies created by the Shears don't lock on to Hush's second form, and in my attempts to literally bodyslam myself in order to try and get the fuckers to aggro, I died.

I also noticed (pre-latest patch) that Guppy's flies tend to bug out pretty hard on Hush's various forms. After having a legit OP build get trashed from the flies not targeting Hush anymore and then a few freezes in a row I've quit giving a poo poo about even trying the boss anymore.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I beat him, easy.

chaos card

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Oh boy Hematomesis pill during the heart challenge on the womb

I don't take unidentified pills anymore, ever.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

PantsBandit posted:

You can stand right next to hush during the bullet storm phases and they won't hit you. They'll go right over your head. You can just point blank him in the face as long as you're avoiding the ones circling back and, like the guy above said, that's not really very hard if you're positioned right.
Or you can just hug the walls. Upper or lower wall if they're going horizontal, left or right if they're going vertical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Just beat Blue Bomber. Stop Watch still the go-to item for challenges, it seems. Also had two Steam Sales, one bought and one dropped from Greed, which meant all shop items were free, and I added Restock to that giving me free health refill at shops plus essentially all shop items, although I left once I got the treasure map. Was easy from that point. Probably my favorite of the new challenges.