Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's some new pictures up for the HGBF Mock, and something about 1/100 scale in there. As far as I can tell, it's an alternate hand for holding 1/100 scale stuff? Also I don't suppose the text below the upper-left picture says "yes, it comes with the target signs" by any chance? :ohdear:.

There's also a similar pic for the Mock Armory Set showing the melee weapon handle can be swapped around so 1/100 kits can hold them, I think.

edit: Uh.. am I reading this right and it's saying the kit's a good 30cm tall?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SpikeMcclane posted:

Box dimensions.

Ah, I wondered if that was the case. Actually realized that when I saw the bottom picture on the page saying it was 12.5cm tall :doh:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Speaking of Robot Damashii; The Xi and Penelope are coming.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

W.T. Fits posted:

Got an e-mail from HLJ earlier that my Lightning Gundam is now in my Private Warehouse and ready for shipping. I also ordered the Ez-SR at the same time, but didn't receive a notice about that one; checking the HLJ page for the Ez-SR mentions that it's not coming out until the 30th. Does Bandai actually wait until the last day of the month to release certain kits, or is it more likely that they're just waiting until after the actual episode with the Ez-SR airs next week?

I think that's a generic "some time this month" listing, because Bandai's New-Release Calendar has it coming on the 15th.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Anyone got the HGUC Zssa?

If so, how was it to build? How is it to pose?

Cause that is a drat fine design. Macrossian in it's missilitude.

Yeah, I showed off mine in the old thread.

Myself from the old thread posted:

The Zssa. It doesn't pose well, but that's because it only needs one. Also the arms will pop out if you try to tilt the shoulders forward or back because of how thick they are. The Booster has a hole for an action base tab, so you place it looking like it's flying beside the Zssa itself.

It's also quite long thanks to the tail on the Booster, so you'll need a fairly large surface area for it.

It's not going to do anything dynamic, but god drat does it look good just sitting with the missile pods open :allears:. The only thing to note is the nipple launchers aren't on a hinge, you just remove the piece and change which tab on it slots into the body.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fauxtool posted:

maybe some g gundam will show up in build fighters and get a kit.

You already have one as a protagonist, what more do you want? :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Incidentally, two weeks until the big gunpla expo. Here's hoping it'll blow the Tamashii Nations' showing out of the water!

Maybe with the RG Wing Zero Custom coming next month they'll do the right thing and announce at least one of the other Endless Waltz RG's :pray:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

madpanda posted:

One of the customize weapon kits has a nicer sniper rifle that I guess is easier to hold. I eventually just gave the big rifle in the k-9 kit to the dogbot as it was limiting the main suit poses. The yonen kirks zaku I is also a cool sniper kit.

I've mentioned this one before, but what you want is either System Weapon 002 or 004 (scroll down past the 005 pics).

madpanda posted:

You can fold the stock in and it can be shoulder fired. It still looks kind of silly. Or with some manipulation you can hold it in both hands across the chest but it looks awkward.

Yeah, the oversized rifle is just cumbersome and unwieldy. It also comes with the regular GM Sniper Rifle, but it's kinda small in comparison.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Oh man, the HGUC Kampfer comes with so many accessories and options :allears:

Two sabers, two bazookas, two shotguns, two stormfausts, and the chain of mines it swings around Alex.

I'm just sad the Kampfer Amazing didn't come with a shotgun, because it's still got the rear end-mount clip and tab for it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

So kind of a weird request here: I'm looking for manuals. Specifically MG GP03, Unicorn vOVA, Victory/V-Dash, F91, Crossbone X1 Full Cloth, Sword/Launcher Strike, Exia, and Phenex. If any of you are willing to part with those, contact me at RBlitzman@gmail.com and we can work something out.

Try looking them up on HobbySearch Japan. They show all the manual pages in the item listings for kits :ssh:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

...No, I mean I actually want the physical manuals. Otherwise I'd just go to dalong.

Fair enough. Though Dalong doesn't list the full set of instructions, only three pages or so.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fauxtool posted:

then i guess i dont like any of the X's
I never watched wing either. Seed was my first real exposure to gundam and that probably shaped the kinds of kits I like. Lots of guns and huge wing packs

Oh good, so it wasn't just me. I'm not happy unless it has enough guns to level a city block, or be classed as a war crime the moment it fires at something.

Now gimme an HGCE Buster Gundam, Bandai. :arghfist::sigh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Dammit Bandai, you could've at least mentioned the RG Endless Waltz Gundams :sigh:. Though I'm a little surprised they didn't release the RG 00 Gundam before the Wing Custom, because then it's following the Exia and opens the Wing Custom up for the other Endless Waltz Gundams to follow that, like the earlier RG parings like the Strike/Freedom and the GP01/GP01FB. I'm gonna put it down to to the designers drinking themselves to death while trying to figure out how to support the goddamn 0-Raiser.

edit: Whoops, forgot about the second RG Zaku :v:.

Also I'm surprised the 00 and Raiser are going to be a single RG kit. Considering the amount of equipment the 0-Raiser adds, I really thought they'd separate that out to its own kit like the Skygrasper and Striker Packs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tenzarin posted:

You mean Amazing Exia Repair, they better not make plain Amazing Exia because it was never even used.

Someone's forgetting its fight against the F91 Impulse...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Winning Gundam SD kit got updated with a few pics of it being use for the Winning Fist and Launcher.

They're... not as good as in the series. Personally I think they've could've pulled off the Winning Fist just fine by adding a partsforming piece for the missing part of the fingers. Not like those polycaps are doing anything there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tenzarin posted:

Fat ZZ gundam was so ugly! That's real!

Qubeley Papillon had invisible funnels! and Bandai just smiles and charges more.

Hey, you get a full pack of the invisible funnels in the Papillion kit. They're right there, you just have to feel around in the box for them, honest.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

I just finished building the Zaku Amazing and its range of motion is kind of disappointing. There's pretty much only one way to have it hold its big gun, in particular. I mean there's not really much for them to work with given how many big chunky parts it has, but it is a tad lame. It's also a lot pinker than I thought it would be, and the pistol holsters have a hard time staying on. Still a fun build though, and few fiddly decals.

Yeah, eventually I got fed up with trying to pose it on mine and replaced it with a System Weapon sniper rifle. The Gouf R35 has much better pose-ability than the ZA, and the Kampfer Amazing's my favorite BF kit. Though you should be aware the shin and forearm accessory slots on the Kampfer are pretty much useless because they're too loose. The limbs are insanely stable due to polycap wrists and elbows though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

I really wish SEED had less of a monopoly on the good kits. Its mechanical designs are just so ugly and... well... plasticky.

SEED does not have a monopoly on good kits. They're often over-stickered and ill-proportioned. The only ones comparable to the modern HG's are the HGCE Strike Gundams and the three Astray Beta/R kits. If you want some more mechanically "sound" variants of SEED Gundams, the four RG kits from SEED and Destiny are all pretty good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

The HG Powered GM Cardigan is rad as hell (why did you have to stop using it, Fumina? :(). I'm debating swapping its arms out for the Gouf R35's and then adding some R-Gyagya shield arms (when I can get one) to its sides to make maximum shield monstrosity.

But for now I've got an MG 00-Raiser box taunting me for when I get a good amount of free time.

You want the Gunpla Battle Arm Arms, or the GM Powered Arms Powereder, and the Valuable Pod.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Swagger Dagger posted:

My christmas haul came in today:

Everything from the Banzai Hobby black friday sale.

If you're going to mount the Amazing Booster thrusters on something, see if you can scrounge up some spare polycap balls from your other kits instead of the plastic ones it comes with.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's a couple new pictures up for the Mega-Shiki, and it's looking woefully cheap out of the box.

Also, The Elf Brook comes with big-rear end leg blades, and a support stand to pose with said blades. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Swagger Dagger posted:

Preordering the hell out of this

I think that's just a custom build :sigh:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You're going to need a tiny muscle car as well :colbert:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

http://bandai-hobby.net/site/newitem.html Well, looks like Wing Zero Custom is just missing the holiday spirit. :sigh:

Just saw this. Dammit Bandai, I just wanted to treat myself to something nice for Christmas :negative:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's a few new pics of the G-Self Assault Pack up. I love the designers don't have a clue about how to keep it upright. They've glued it onto a makeshift stand.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

signalnoise posted:

Did someone say Ikea?

Is that Nirvash Type Zero kit any good? Been considering getting it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

madpanda posted:

Finished RG Zaku, had a ton of fun building it and seeing how it was fitting together. Still working on decals though and probably will be for longer than it took me to build it.

How does Zaku rate against the other rg's? I've had problems with the hands falling apart (like p much every model I don't cement) one of the skirt pieces keeps falling off and holding weapons on the back is just pointless.

Thinking of Zogok or Mk2 titans for the next RG i get.

Most RG's are pretty solid. The only dodgy ones are the RX-78-02, and people already mentioned the Zeta. I think someone also said the GP01 and Full Burnen aren't that great either.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

My Gundam X collection pales to this person's love:

Here's the real question; Did build those collections at the same time, or is he moving on from one Mobile Suit to the next?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Missing Link posted:

Does the Winning come with extra parts to put on the Lightning/BBG, or will I have to buy a second Winning kit?

Nope, you gotta buy a second. The torso is the Winning Fist, after all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Okay, fess up; Who stole a PG Unicorn from it's display case in China?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

Psyco XLR project Day, uh... I forget?

I still have to do the shoulders, back, and etc. but it's really starting to come together now.

Oh god, IT'S ACTIVATING THE JAMMER! :stonk:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh huh, RE/100 mkIII got pushed back to January. I guess they didn't want to waste the resources on it with RG WZC and PG Unicorn coming out this month.

Going by how this display piece is quite literally a quick snapbuild (with masking tape under the eyes for some reason? or is that part of the design), the kit is already done.

They were pushing out colour display models of the RG-WZC months ago, so that's not really as big a deal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
This is why I just declared "gently caress it" and now build mine on a coffee table instead of at my desk. Anything that pings off has a much lower trajectory so it cant flip off across half the room.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Sadly my Gunpla gift to myself this year is in the mail. Dammit Bandai, why did you have to put the RG Wing Zero Custom's release date on Christmas Day? :negative:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Honestly, I want them all, but it especially seems like a shame to only have hero suits without some villains to balance them out. Mask's machines are a good start, but in addition to the neat Towasangan stuff, I could definitely go for some Wuxias and Caitsiths.

I'm surprised the Rectens weren't a launch/near-launch kit for the line.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone else have trouble getting the forearm armor onto the arms of the RG Wing Zero Custom? Bastards just won't slide up the arm frame all the way for me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I worked out why I couldn't get the forearm armor on my RG WZC to just slide on. Turns out they're really scary click-in jobs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tsuki posted:

I picked up my first Gundam model kits on a whim and Ikea furniture is my experience level. Do I need special tools? Some pieces are left with a little tab after I pop them out.
The kits I have are Fenice Rinascita 1/144 and Gundam Aegis 1/100 (it's pink).

:stonk:

Get yourself some angled wirecutters or hobby nippers and cut the pieces out. That's all you need to build yourself a Gundam, save maybe a toothpick or something to help get the really tiny stickers in place.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lilljonas posted:

Yeah, a white with streaks and stuff would look nice, and appropriate for that fighter look. The alternative to the red would be to go for a more WW2 fighter camo paint, but I have no idea how well that would look in the end.

Where the hell would you start watching the show? There's like a million Gundams, right?

If you want a more modern entry to the franchise, aside from the movie trilogy, try Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. It's a hardcover manga series that's a modern remake of the original series.

MonsieurChoc posted:

The original Gundam is pretty great 70s science-fiction. I'd put it up there with stuff by Clarke and Asimov or Star Wars/Star Trek.

The rest is anime. And some of it is great, and some of it is terrible, and most vascillate between these two poles depending on the episodes. But only very few try to be SF again (parts of 00, as an example), most are content with being simple mecha wars in space.

Gundam 00's pretty newbie-friendly and the first season is pretty good in it's own right. Plus it has some great grunt Mobile Suits :allears:. The second season's not as good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

RG GM, RG Gouf, and RG Ground Gundam have been in planning hell for... four years now? Anyway it's not all that weird of a guess.

I think we're gonna get another Endless Waltz RG after the 00 Gundam rather than one of those, just because they implied the full set pretty heavily throughout the Wing Zero Custom's previews.