Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Tracula posted:

Part of me wants this to go fully insensitive and crazy in reverse and have it be that Lincoln was a Templar and Booth was, well, an Assassin.
In AC II it doesn't explicitly say where Booth's loyalties lay, only that he plotted with "political figures" to murder Lincoln and that he was subsequently killed by the Assassins, so I don't think he was one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

superh posted:

I wouldn't mind going back to the Middle East again, if we could only get that amazing flag pickup sound back :allears:
Just as an aside, that sound is my message alert ringtone. It even has the eagle cry at the end of it. I love getting voicemails. :swoon:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Help recommend kosher media sharing site pl0x.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

That's the right clip, though the one I have sounds less like piano keys and more...Animus-y? Now I listen really well, doesn't really sound like an eagle at the end. :/

http://mfi.re/listen/9wy77hg9bb1ywky/Investigation_Complete.Flag_Found.mp3
Hope this is alright. Now I have a hankering to play through ACI again.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Reverse Centaur posted:

They already had baton fights in some of the modern day segments of previous games. You spend the whole time wondering why someone doesn't pull out a gun.
The way I reasoned it is because Abstergo sent Vidic and the grunts to take Desmond back alive. Then when he infiltrates busts through their doors like a ninny that's when they go for their guns.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Found this on imgur, and it completely hosed me up.

quote:

The official Assassin's Creed Unity action figure!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

:siren:
For the next two hours, Rogue is listed as a Lightning Deal for 25 bucks on Amazon.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

I'm like 80% through Rogue and I really really like it. My only complaint I can think of is that I agree with some other posters that the voice acting is abysmal. I came straight from playing through Black Flag and in comparison to Edward saying the exact same lines, Shay's voice is really flat and emotionless. I absolutely hate Gist. My husband says he sounds like Alan Thicke.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

I guess now's as good a time as any to share my small collection of Rogue glitches. Apologies for pictures of a television screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXwB1BBnwk4

Shay's slightly disapproving thousand yard stare makes this for me.

Playing through Black Flag again when I board a Hunter ship from an awkward angle. I notice as I'm fighting them that both they and the ship are slipping away from under me. Eventually I'm pushed overboard, floundering in the water, and helplessly watching the Jackdaw sail slowly away, all the while towing the Hunters behind it. The Jackdaw then sails through an islet, beaching the passenger ship at an angle and dumping her crew. I swim closer and I'm teleported to the takeover screen, still askew.

Ubi what

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Just finished up Rogue and holy poo poo that ending was a disaster. Not strictly speaking storywise, but technically. The loading/saving icon refused to disappear from the corner, music, sfx, and lines from the characters constantly cut out, and the cutscenes kept freezing. It was ordeal to go through five minutes of gameplay, the last of it to boot.

That said, I love the Stalker system, the fact that you have to actively problem solve in order to get to most of the collectables, and the way Rogue connects Initiates, Unity, and the past three games, if you've bothered to read the entries in the Animus database. There were no game-breaking bugs (just one annoying and several highly amusing instances) and the story was pretty solid, albeit short. I think this was $25 well spent.

Although, "I make my own luck." SHUT THE gently caress UP SHAY I KNOW JESUS gently caress

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

So now Abstergo can just yank random memories from, I'm guessing, their "blood bank" and getting their employees to play through them? Because otherwise, how are they getting the memories of Arno and Shay if they have no apparent descendants?

As an aside, it'd be awesome if the modern day "protagonists" of Rogue and Black Flag ended up duking it out on the sides of the Templars and Assassins, respectively.

And one more thing, Ubisoft! You can't just name drop Connor in Rogue's employee emails along with "oh yeah he had a wife and his death! Wow, that was a mess wasn't it!" without some kind of exposition. He may not be my favorite Assassin but I want some kind of closure. That's super hosed up.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Well, if you take into account how his dad and gramps died, I suppose you could say the entire Kenway line is cursed. :v: I think there was a(nother) throwaway line in one of the emails that Edward's dad was a pig farmer. We do know he comes from a lowly lineage in Black Flag.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

^^^Speaking of, can someone post that video a goon captured of someone zooming past Arno with a racecar sound overlaid? I loved that one.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Hah! Thanks. :cool:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

probably full of orphans.
"Hup! Ho ho! Hey!"

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Very nice. I loved that they seemed to have an Indian assassin collaborating with the siblings too. Makes sense, as that was a British empire at the time. Hated that Jacob is "brash and reckless". Oh good, so exactly like the last three protags then.

Looks like I'll have to break bank and purchase a PS4 sometime this year. Still not touching Unity though.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

The Grimace posted:

Was cleaning out my PS4's videos and I found this masterpiece. It's not an amazing glitch, but it makes me laugh a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75R_YT8j-WA
The guy emptying his nonexistent bucket of piss next to you was a nice touch too.

:thumbsup: Ubi

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

I loving love her outfit.

When are we getting a new thread?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Orv posted:

Aside from the animus bleeps and bloops and that he has a wrist dagger I basically can't recognize that as AC at all.
Goddamn, you weren't kidding. Only the HUD is an old friend at this point. The cutscene cinematography (long, sweeping establishing pans) and facial rendering (what's up with that? It's so lovely) is really throwing me off with how jarringly different it is from the rest. New doesn't necessarily mean bad, and I'm definitely looking forward to it coming out, but only so others can play it, and I can judge for myself whether it's worth it.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Kuiperdolin posted:

I know I'm terriblw with faces but I honestly can't tell the difference.
Compare Unity

With this

Terrible faces, indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Certainly not as rousing as the previous games' themes, but it seems to fit the era just fine. I think 3 is my favorite, followed by 2 and Black Flag. I can't quite say the same for the in-game music for Syndicate, as it sounds like it's cribbed directly from Zimmer's Sherlock Holmes soundtrack.

• Locked thread