Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Reminder, there's a stupid IRC channel to piss and moan about elections and politics -

Come chat about this dumb country! We're at #poligoon on SynIRC (irc.synirc.net). You can also use the following handy link to chat in your browser!

http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23poligoon&server=irc.synirc.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I voted Hawkins. :shrug:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Glad to hear democrats are splitting their vote to the green candidate. Keep it up.

I'm not a democrat. :v:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I will literally eat some portion of a NY Yankees baseball cap if Astorino wins.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Joementum posted:

Not sure whether the Sapient or StopCommonCore ballot line is more eye-rolly.

I had heard about Stop Common Core line but Sapient was a new one when I cast my ballot this morning.

http://sapientparty.com/

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The one thing I've learned about NY Politics since moving here is that I want nothing to do with them, also ballot access lines are loving hilarious.

So I guess that's two things.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Sapient also advocates for the return of the line-item veto, weekend elections, replacing the electoral college with direct election of the president, federal referendum on all tax increases, and a whole boatload of lobbying reforms.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Misandrist Duck posted:

Kanye West endorsement is in

The coveted Yeesus bloc.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The intro lede to this hour of CNN was loving fantastic, I was waiting for SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Sombrerotron posted:

Watching CNN, it's difficult to tell whether they're reporting on a sports match or a civil war.

Can't it be both?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Really wanna see those Fayette numbers so I can point and laugh at some people.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Well Grimes, maybe next time when someone asks you if you voted for the leader of your party you say something other than "Ummm...". McConnell was beatable.

I don't even have to go that far, apparently.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Kentuckians aren't complete idiots. McConnell is really really good at bringing federal money to the state, and people are just banking on him being able to do that even better as a majority leader.

Eastern Kentucky easily has some of the best highways in the entire country, hands down.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Get hosed, Corbett.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is there an IRC web thingamabob for tonight?

yes

http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23poligoon&server=irc.synirc.net

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

paging forums user chris christie to #poligoon

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Mitt Romney posted:

The Senate is not gerrymandered. It's impossible to gerrymander.

Unless you count "every state gets 2 senators" to be gerrymandering

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

axeil posted:

Although, there are way more rural states than urban ones.

The GOP/Dem split is the same rural/urban issue that this country has been having since before the Revolutionary War happened.

my bad math says if CA had senators apportioned at the same ratio that the least populous state has (WY), then CA would send like 90 senators to washington to WY's 2.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Joementum posted:

If you want to know why Democrats don't run robustly on single payer healthcare, look at the VT Gubernatorial returns tonight.

In fairness to VT very little there is applicable on the national stage but still, holy poo poo at the numbers.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

If I was Shumlin I would be finding the biggest box of maple candies in the world and sending it to Feliciano.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Not that Andrew Cuomo's presidential ambitions weren't tacitly hosed before tonight, but he's certainly not going to clear 60% which is a virtual loss. Thankfully the rest of the nation will be spared from his primary candidacy.

Schneiderman is pulling like 70%+ on the AG ballot, go him.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

This means absolutely nothing for Cuomo's presidential ambitions hth.

He might still have them, but it's a complete no-hoper after tonight. No one went out and voted for Andrew Cuomo today, they voted against Astorino or for a Democrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

What the gently caress is going on in Vermont, Joe?

• Locked thread