Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

SpelledBackwards posted:

It seems too easy to game then that it really surprises me if they don't split it out. My Chase Freedom did 5% Amazon in Q4 last year and is doing grocery stores now, so that's an opportunity to stock up (up to $1500 quarterly max spending) vs. my 3% Amazon Visa.
If you look at some of the crazier credit card blogs, they're all about this sort of thing to create excess spending. It seems like more trouble than it's worth to go to those lengths, but I've picked up an Amazon card from the grocery store a couple of times and gotten the 6% back from my credit card with no trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

THF13 posted:

It looks like they are downgrading the Arrival+. It is currently unavailable to apply for, but it will apparently come back with 5% redemption bonus instead of 10%, as well as a $100 minimum for travel redemptions. If you already have the card the existing terms should last until the next time you pay the annual fee.
Good to know - makes the decision to downgrade at the next annual fee easier. Thanks!

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Transflowtron posted:

I'm coming up on my first annual fee with my Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MC which I would like to avoid paying. Has anyone had any luck with getting them to downgrade it to the Arrival World MC with no annual fee? If I'm unable to, I'll just cancel the card, but I would rather not do that if I can simply downgrade. Which brings me to my next question...
I recently did this, and it was very simple. I just called them, told them my fee was coming up and I wanted to know if there was any way to avoid it. They said that any points I earned during the last month were forfeit, but other than that, no problems at all.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Barry posted:

I am so loving tired of getting those checks in the mail.
Secure message them and request that they stop sending them. It takes a little bit, but it does actually work!