Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
If you add an authorized user on a card in general (chase or amex) can you see which person made what charges or do they just all pool into the same account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I’ve read you can, but can you transfer chase reward points to someone you’re living with if they also have a chase card? I’m thinking about getting a chase sapphire for the bonus, downgrading it and then transferring the points to my gf, but I just want to make sure it’s doable.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I have a Citi trio and am thinking about pairing a traveling card that gives perks for when I convert points. Is there a good option for this I’m getting lost in the options a bit trying to figure it out

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Any tips for getting some cash back on rent? I'll even settle for some stupid points. Currently I Venmo my roommate/landlord every month. He doesn't care how he gets his money as long as he gets it.

Can you PayPal instead and get 5% back on the flex and 3% on a paypal card?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

In reality how long does a referral take to get processed on a chase card? I used a friend's referral code about 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't processed on their end.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Medullah posted:

Yeah my credit is 850+ so I'm hoping to get an instant approval like the last time I did something like this.

Do you have global entry?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Medullah posted:

Pre-Check. I saw a few cards give you credit for it but I just reupped in the fall.

If you wanted clear, and could offset the yearly fee the amex plat would go far, otherwise the simplest way I can see is a Citi custom cash card.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

literally this big posted:

Thanks. That makes sense, but wouldn't it be most efficient to redeem points right away? Are ThankYou points a form of cash back, or do you need to redeem them for special non-cash things?

If you only have the citi + card there are a lot of cash back options and only 3 travel partners while the premier has access to a lot more. Unless you're specifically traveling jet blue it'd be worth considering the premier.

Edit: Conversions are less too

Veskit fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 2, 2023

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

If you're exchanging for cash only then I don't see a use for the rewards plus card outside of the intro bonus. The costco does better than it in every way, and then the custom cash can be used for groceries.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I got one for the double cash card, did certain people get both offers?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I’ve been having to remind myself a lot that it’s better to move in 93 degree weather in Atlanta than the original plan of moving in February.

Dont ever move, but I’ll be a much more positive person next week when I’m there. If things are reasonably settled we’ll try to make it out!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I'd feel bad for the people this happens to but I mean I've also seen it work a million times on this board, including for myself.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I tried using one of the chase flex referrals in the thread but they all seem broken. Anyone got a working one or did the new promo mess it all up.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Seems like a good way to have your money not be FDIC insured. I wouldn't trust robin hood in anyway to actually do this program bank model they're saying.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean the money I deposit into my Fidelity account from my paychecks also isn't FDIC insured and I don't particularly care or am worried about that.

Yeah the balance sheets between those two are close enough to mean it’s the same thing.

Im just throwing out there the risk. I think it’s a risk worth mentioning.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

I keep saying that it all depends on the fine print etc etc.

It literally doesn’t matter what’s in the fine print. That’s the point I’m making. This seems like an extremely risky proposition.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

BadSamaritan posted:

Hey thread! I was hoping for a recommendation for a credit card. We have a large emergency house expense (>$10k) that, while we can cover with cash, we’d rather use a card and pay over time. We have excellent credit, and have a BofA Travel, BofA category cash back, and Amazon card that we use regularly.

I’m looking into a 0% APR card (12-18mo term) and want to see what my better options are. I’m fine with a modest annual fee but it looks like most of those don’t have intro APR deals. Any suggestions?

Can you split it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Depending on your spending habits the custom cash might make more sense.