Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I hope the Saints win the NFC South at 7-9 and host the wild card Seahawks.

baring my birds pulling off a 4 game wing streak and sailing into the off-season with a losing record, I also hope for this outcome.

edit: VVV In the universe where the Cards don't run away with the division, the Falcons to steal the south. VVV

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Seahawks are winning the NFC West and the 7-9 Saints will host the Cards. With Palmer Arizona had a chance at the division or winning the wild card game against the Saints. Without him they will play a tough game and lose on a back breaking run by Mark Ingram that will involve him trucking half the defense and dragging Patrick Peterson to the endzone.

Saints will get clobbered by the Seahawks in the divisional round. They will lose by at least 20.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

The most embarrassing play of the night had to be Mario Addison just getting hip tossed on Sproles' touchdown run by I think Celek? That's one man just having his way with another.

That was awesome, and yeah it was Celek.

Way to go, Eagles. I was pretty drunk by like the third quarter but most of the play I saw in the first half was good. Kuechly and that other white dude whom I called "Kuechly" multiple times (I'm a racist pig) did a pretty good job stuffing the run game. We played decent defense but most of the turnovers came from mistakes. The only real botched play I remember was loving Casey Matthews covering Olson on a go route, when it clearly should have been Kendricks because Matthews is slow and bad. Nate Allen may have allowed a 3rd and long as well because he sucks. I remember thinking that I would take Quinten Mikell over Allen during that game, which is hilarious. I'm going to start biting my nails for next Sunday, I think it could get real ugly on defense. We may stop Lacy but Cary Williams and Allen are going to get hosed by either Nelson or Cobb.

e: Also Sanchez threw a pick right to a DB who conveniently stepped out of bounds. Nothing went right for Carolina during that game. And why the gently caress did we boo Jason Avant? Who the gently caress boos Jason Avant? So many assholes (including me) root for my team.

DOOP posted:

Sanchez owns

Sacks owns

Eagles own, Super Bowl here we come

:getin:

Brannigans Law fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 11, 2014

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Seahawks are winning the NFC West and the 7-9 Saints will host the Cards. With Palmer Arizona had a chance at the division or winning the wild card game against the Saints. Without him they will play a tough game and lose on a back breaking run by Mark Ingram that will involve him trucking half the defense and dragging Patrick Peterson to the endzone.

Saints will get clobbered by the Seahawks in the divisional round. They will lose by at least 20.

How many games did the cardinals lose with a backup qb?

1?

How many did the Hawks lose with their starter?

Good luck with that winning the division thing.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Seattle will meet the Lions and Golden Tate will blow your mind.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

No Butt Stuff posted:

How many games did the cardinals lose with a backup qb?

1?

How many did the Hawks lose with their starter?

Good luck with that winning the division thing.

Is this serious?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

Is this serious?

Absolutely.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I think the Seahawks are gonna beat the Cardinals by a big amount and make a real statement out of it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

I think the Seahawks are gonna beat the Cardinals by a big amount and make a real statement out of it.

Their schedules look pretty similar, and I don't see the Cards being screwed by Stanton starting.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Cardinals have had success with running the ball and throwing deep, 2 things the Seahawks can actually stop. They don't use the tight end at all which teams that beat Seattle have done.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Danny LaFever posted:

Seattle will meet the Lions and Golden Tate will blow your mind.

Golden Tate owns and I wish we had kept him but I'm definitely happy for the Lions. The best WR combo in the league is Golden Tate and whoever is across from him.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Chichevache posted:

Golden Tate owns and I wish we had kept him but I'm definitely happy for the Lions. The best WR combo in the league is Golden Tate and whoever is across from him.
Golden Tate and whoever is on the other side of the field of him 100% make up the best wide receiver tandem in the league yes. Though I would argue that this nameless other wide receiver Tate happens to be playing with in Detroit is more of a reason for this than he is.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Golden Tate owns and I think the Cards games are going to be closer than people think.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Golden Tate and whoever is on the other side of the field of him 100% make up the best wide receiver tandem in the league yes. Though I would argue that this nameless other wide receiver Tate happens to be playing with in Detroit is more of a reason for this than he is.

I think he's saying that even with Calvin gone, the numbers still supported his statement.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
despite a few posts suggesting otherwise, the SEA vs ARI games are going to be close, low scoring slugfests that could go either way because these teams match up to each other well, and it doesn't matter which QB Arizona trots out between Palmer or Stanton as Stanton has proven this season to already be reliable as long as he doesn't get concussed again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, Palmer may be gone, but so's Mebane. The Cards offense is hurt, but so's the Hawks defense. Those games are probably the only games you can safely say won't be blowouts at this point, even if neither go how Arizona wants it.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

It owns that it's 2014 and we are rightfully considering losing Carson Palmer for the year to be a significant misfortune

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
People seem to really be underestimating the value of "wins in hand." Yeah the Cardinals look like they'll have difficulty but they're already 8-1 to Seattle's 6-3. Even if we grant that Seattle is a better team, each team only has 3 home games left and the Seahawks need to win 3 games more than the Cardinals do with only 7 games to play. That's not as easy as it sounds--if the Cardinals beat Atlanta (likely) and win their home games against Detroit and KC (these are hard teams but home field advantage matters a lot), then Seattle has to run the table to win the division. if Seattle and Arizona split--a very likely outcome--then the situation gets much, much more difficult for Seattle.

Basically Arizona has to go 2-4 or worse over the next 7 games for Seattle to have a chance at winning the division and while it's not an easy schedule, it's not clear that the difference between Palmer and Stanton is that large. This is why the Cardinals have something like a 40% chance of winning the division. You can jaw all you want about talent this or injury that but none of that will change the fact that it's hard to make up being 2 games back with 7 games to play.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think he's saying that even with Calvin gone, the numbers still supported his statement.

I am saying Golden Tate is the best in the league. :colbert:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

I am saying Golden Tate is the best in the league. :colbert:

Best "active" maybe.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Dubious posted:

despite a few posts suggesting otherwise, the SEA vs ARI games are going to be close, low scoring slugfests that could go either way because these teams match up to each other well, and it doesn't matter which QB Arizona trots out between Palmer or Stanton as Stanton has proven this season to already be reliable as long as he doesn't get concussed again.
Stanton is a decent QB and is good at running the offense. He just needs to be safe with the football, and since Arians is the quarterback whisperer I think he'll be okay. They are still a very good football team. It's not like Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd are disappearing. It's also not like Calais Campbell or Patrick Peterson will become bad players because Carson Palmer is hurt.

TheChirurgeon posted:

People seem to really be underestimating the value of "wins in hand." Yeah the Cardinals look like they'll have difficulty but they're already 8-1 to Seattle's 6-3. Even if we grant that Seattle is a better team, each team only has 3 home games left and the Seahawks need to win 3 games more than the Cardinals do with only 7 games to play. That's not as easy as it sounds--if the Cardinals beat Atlanta (likely) and win their home games against Detroit and KC (these are hard teams but home field advantage matters a lot), then Seattle has to run the table to win the division. if Seattle and Arizona split--a very likely outcome--then the situation gets much, much more difficult for Seattle.

Basically Arizona has to go 2-4 or worse over the next 7 games for Seattle to have a chance at winning the division and while it's not an easy schedule, it's not clear that the difference between Palmer and Stanton is that large. This is why the Cardinals have something like a 40% chance of winning the division. You can jaw all you want about talent this or injury that but none of that will change the fact that it's hard to make up being 2 games back with 7 games to play.
This is why I'm pretty confident that Arizona can get the #1 seed in the NFC even without Carson Palmer. If the Cards go 3-4, they finish with an 11-5 record. The next three teams back (Eagles, Cowboys, Lions) all have to find ways to go 4-3 (Cowboys 4-2) to match that...and the Cowboys and Eagles have to play each other still. For the Seahawks to reach 11-5, they have to go 5-2, and they still have to play the Cardinals twice! If they go 1-1 versus the Cards the Seahawks have basically zero room for error.

Hell, if the Cards go 4-3 they finish 12-4. For Seattle to tie that they need to go 6-1.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

This is why I'm pretty confident that Arizona can get the #1 seed in the NFC even without Carson Palmer. If the Cards go 3-4, they finish with an 11-5 record. The next three teams back (Eagles, Cowboys, Lions) all have to find ways to go 4-3 (Cowboys 4-2) to match that...and the Cowboys and Eagles have to play each other still. For the Seahawks to reach 11-5, they have to go 5-2, and they still have to play the Cardinals twice! If they go 1-1 versus the Cards the Seahawks have basically zero room for error.

Hell, if the Cards go 4-3 they finish 12-4. For Seattle to tie that they need to go 6-1.

Division record is all that matters

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

A few years ago the Raiders were 6-10. (or something close to that)

They were 6-0 in their division. It didn't help.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's funny because something like that is a near impossibility

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

African AIDS cum posted:

Only in the event of a tie.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was the 7-9 Beast Mode year and the AFC West played the NFC West. Oakland went 8-8 sweeping the AFC west and beating the Rams and Seahawks.

KC won the division at 10-6, Todd Haley, Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel were somewhat well thought of even though the Ravens blew them out wild card weekend. It was an all around weird as hell year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Tate is currently leading the league in sleeping with Russell Wilson's love interests.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stanton is a decent QB and is good at running the offense. He just needs to be safe with the football, and since Arians is the quarterback whisperer I think he'll be okay. They are still a very good football team. It's not like Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd are disappearing. It's also not like Calais Campbell or Patrick Peterson will become bad players because Carson Palmer is hurt.

Michael Floyd disappeared with Palmer in. Maybe Stanton will find him again.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Sour Diesel posted:

A few years ago the Raiders were 6-10. (or something close to that)

They were 6-0 in their division. It didn't help.

This year so far the Falcons are 3-0 in their division and 3-6 overall :shepface:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Sure. That doesn't make him likeable outside of Wisconsin
I was onboard the Aaron Rodgers Express until he bitched out a fan on 60 Minutes due to his Napoleon complex.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I was onboard the Aaron Rodgers Express until he bitched out a fan on 60 Minutes due to his Napoleon complex.

I dont like him because he still bitches about teachers that actually made him do work at Cal.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Where he says "I don't appreciate that?" Yeah, stupid, but hardly "bitching out a fan."

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

That was the 7-9 Beast Mode year and the AFC West played the NFC West. Oakland went 8-8 sweeping the AFC west and beating the Rams and Seahawks.

KC won the division at 10-6, Todd Haley, Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel were somewhat well thought of even though the Ravens blew them out wild card weekend. It was an all around weird as hell year.

It was the dumbest loving year ever gently caress special teams

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I dont like him because he still bitches about teachers that actually made him do work at Cal.

Do you have a link? This sounds grest.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The only story from Cal that I've heard is funny as poo poo. He got an F on a paper for something called "food appreciation" for incorrectly citing sources and got bitched out by a professor: http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/24/rodgers-professor-never-succeed/1654723/

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

TubeStank posted:

The only story from Cal that I've heard is funny as poo poo. He got an F on a paper for something called "food appreciation" for incorrectly citing sources and got bitched out by a professor: http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/24/rodgers-professor-never-succeed/1654723/

"Food Appreciation." Somewhere, a UNC athletic director is shaking his drat head.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Aaron Rodgers is a big dumb baby who uses imagined slights as motivation to make him HoF caliber QB. I wish it would make him fail instead :reject:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

TubeStank posted:

He deserved an F for that assignment and the professor in the class was entirely justified in pointing out that he should have learned how to do things other than playing football in the likely outcome that professional football had not worked out for him.

Fortunately, every athlete I have taught has been more understanding of this reality than Rodgers was.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i like aaron rodgers because he's as neurotic as i am

finally, an nfl player i can relate to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

i like aaron rodgers because he's as neurotic as i am

finally, an nfl player i can relate to

:gay: