Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Magres posted:

Found a better Ivy Shenanigans setup. The problem with Falador is that implings wander by and take priority over the Ivy clickbox. I woke up this morning with a Bass in my inventory. I caught a Gourmet impling while I slept, and if the timing had lined up badly and it had dragged me away from the Ivy I would have just clicked my way across Runescape for a few hours and it would have been really obvious that I was autoclicking. With this, there's no implings to be had. And the way I have it setup, even if all the Ivy exhausts, the mouse is over nothing and it wont walk if you click when all the Ivy is gone. Also, I checked and the elf heads never obscure the ivy so you don't have to worry about that. You just get the ivy lined up just right as I have there and put your mouse right up at the top of the Ivy and let it do its thing. Preferably on an unpopulated world where there aren't fuckers chopping down the Ivy that you've clearly lain stake too.

Until a worker walks past and you start to pickpocket it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Themata posted:

NEW! Dungeoneering fishing gets an amazing rework:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FtIk71QBQY
More likely to get patched than anything that actually needs patching. :)

There's another great DG animation glitch I found a while ago that I don't think is patched yet: In the mining room where the 4 paths are blocked off by three layers of boulders to mine, the time to clear an obstacle is based on the animation time length for some reason. If you have headbutt mining, the animation length is longer than the time it takes for the rocks to collapse again. I nearly abandoned the floor when i figured I may as well try turning the override off and it fixed it.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Not sure if it still happens, but back in 06/07 the camera would randomly shift slightly every now and then. If you're playing normally you'd never notice it but if you keep your camera/cursor in the same place for a long time it'd eventually shift out of place.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Themata posted:

Didn't Jagex patch it so Lady Ithell gives everyone a free Attuned Crystal Weapon seed, provided you didn't get hosed over by doing the elf tasks when they were first released and Attuned Chakrams worked like ammo?

She does but you need 90 smithing to claim it.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

joachim783 posted:

you can actually collect Miscellania resources daily so i'd add that if it's not too far out of the way. i think at current prices you should make about 200k a day

No need to keep checking it every day as long as you have enough money in the coffers, you don't gain anything extra and you just spend more time doing upkeep, travelling and sorting out your loot. I just check mine once a week and top the coffers up to 1.2m which is the minimum you need for 7 days of letting it run. When you do the quest to reduce the amount of work to raise approval you only have to cut a maple tree once or twice for the whole week.

also

:laffo:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Spergminer posted:

Magic is the best for dungeoneering. Melee cannot touch Necrolord and Saggittare is immune to ranged attacks. Several bosses are sort of strong against magic attacks, but there is nothing in dungeoneering you cannot brute force with magic. Also all non-elemental (cataclytic, celestial, doomcore, etc.) staves gives infinite elemental runes, so you can bind laws if you haven't done DG tasks or arrows if you want to do magic/ranged binds at the same time.

I prefer ranged with a staff on switch. It seems to have less problem with most of the mobs you fight (quicker to kill mages, kills meleers quicker than mage kills rangers). The threshold that damages you in exchange for dealing a lot of damage is also way better for range than it is for range, killing most bosses outright whereas the mage version often feels like a weak asphyxiate. I maged from like 102-115 dg before I switched to range and wish I switched sooner.

Also protip: you can talk to the smuggler and get him to switch your starting items for laws, cosmics, antipoison and feathers. Saves you having to craft runes at the start and home porting when you get that ferret fishing room.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

He's been doing this in the 4chan friends chat as well, he spams for like 10 seconds then leaves. I'm not sure what the aim is, the spam isn't much different from the general chat there.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

Isn't the 4chan chat literally just gay furry roleplay? Everyone I've asked about it says that.

yeah pretty much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_x_pfIYqak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

Why can't Jagex just loving not. Seriously? So now godless is just a bunch of powerless losers that somehow has Vorago on their side and also the head bitch wants to become a god. I can see the lore meeting right now... "Welp the Godless won by a landslide, that means we got to makes them assholes to balance them! But not Zaros yeah he was a rear end in a top hat but he's Mary Sue now still make him cool. Zamorak too."

as someone that only logs in for a daily dg floor and vaguely follows storylines, i sure was confused at vorago being in that log-in cutscene. Is he like the god of the godless now or something?