Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Dude can't math. Even being generous and giving him 40 seconds per lap, adv. barb is still 15% better by those numbers. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Some dumb idiot posted:

How far we've come. :allears:

How far indeed.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Other moral of the story: skip the customer support line by making a fuss on reddit, and get your account back in under an hour.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Terces posted:

I was doing surveys for keys and came across the most inclusive survey ever.

Two-Spirited? :wtc:

At least I got 9 keys out of it.

Two-sprited has been around for centuries, it's not some made-up term like most of the full list seems to be.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

I, too, form my opinions by taking the opposite of what tumblr believes.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Seems like your atk+str+def levels have to be ridiculously low to use the resets, and it's only prayer+con or defence that can be reset, not all combat skills. So at least Arsene's skills should be safe.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe that will finally get me to take on Nomad.

e: It's not for quest bosses, is it? :(

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

That's definitely an improvement from "max combat stats with a full bag of prayer pots and sara brews".

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Exps posted:

But you'll always be back.

I don't even bother unsubscribing anymore.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Count me in for the boss killing :bandwagon:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

You can now enable timestamps for chat messages, based on your local time zone – a RuneLabs idea developed by the Ninja Team. This feature can be toggled using the Interface Settings window.

FOURTEEN GODDAMN YEARS

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

It's 99% bots because no-one is masochistic enough to actually play it, especially when there's perfectly good 07scape servers to get that hit of nostalgia.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Only if those changes reduce the number of clicks it takes to get to 99. :colbert:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah, sorry about that. Kinda sleep-deprived and still recovering from being drugged out of my mind.

So, uh, unless I'm missing something this game controls pretty horrifically and runs worse than it has any right to. :stare:

The performance problems might just be from it downloading all the game assets for the first time.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Spergminer posted:

Mining/smithing rework confirmed

:flashfap:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Spergminer posted:

No more rune platebodies at level 99!

*accidentally rips dick off*

Only way this can get better is if it'll get pushed to darkscape as well.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

The new stuff is nice too, but every once in a while I pull out my playlist of the original midi's, and just the tracks that played in free-to-play areas. Runescape is nothing if not potent nostalgia fuel. :unsmith:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah you can get rune items starting from, like, lesser demons. NPC stores are still a thing, too. Really, the smithing rework has been needed even since classic.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Is this some new form of irony because I'm not sure I understand it.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Oh okay thanks

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

OSRS exists because the RS community is fueled by nostalgia and poopsocking elitism.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Dizz posted:

I just don't like the feel of RS3, nor do I feel like it is a runescape game at all.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I haven't opened up RS3 in months, and it's at least partly due to how the game feels nowadays. If it didn't mean starting over from scratch I might even be persuaded to try out OSRS.

RS has been trying to modernize itself for a while now, and that'd be easier to accept if it was doing a better job of it. A combat rework could be cool, but the one we got just means you have to look up a moveset on the wiki so you can go back to autoattacking mobs. And instead of improving the UI, they put everything inside a resizable rectangle so we could do their work for them.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

They could've at least been less half-assed about it. It's gotten better since, but every single element had a different optimal size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

How has OSRS handled the split in terms of the ongoing quest lines, anyways? Have they tried to port over some of the new quests, or have they been coming up with their own endings for stuff like Biohazard or the Myreque?