Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Ooh poo poo. Might start up a new character on Runescape, having a few experiences before. Question is, should I get membership from the get-go? Or level up some freebie stuff before I get to the paid stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

GuyUpNorth posted:

At very least do free quests and level the skills somewhere to 30-40 range for smoother membership start.

Can do. Always loved the basic cookin' stuff just as much as Gnome Cooking. Also something about charm and poo poo.

Edit: Hoo boy, forgot about Java. And forgot to update properly.

widespread fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 28, 2014

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Desuwa posted:

Vis Wax Guide
Make 300k or more in 2 minutes every day.

... so remember that part about membership being payable with in-game currency? Just need to know if there be a limit or something on how much.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Desuwa posted:

There's no limit to paying for membership with in game currency. However the current price of a bond, worth 14 days of membership, is 8.5 million and climbing due to an announcement that the price of membership will rise. Depending on how good you are at making money that can be very little over two weeks or it can be most of your gold income.

Right now it's still possible to pay for membership using "easy" methods like vis wax, yak hides (even if they've crashed pretty hard), miscellania, the culinaromancer's chest, and maybe dabbling in some other easy/fast/passive methods like farming.

Ahh. In that case, I'll set a limit for myself: If bonds hit 15m-20m, then I'm not gonna buy one UNLESS I get mad dosh. And assuming the membership price is a miniscule hike- like lets say up to $8.99 or $9.99- then at around that limit is when I'd consider forking over actual money.

Of course, if it IS a really small raise, then I can see bonds tanking hard. Just gotta see the new price, is all.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Good Idea: Bring cooked foods with you whenever going into instances.
Bad Idea: Forget to cook food whenever you go into instances.

Seriously. I'm stuck on Agoroth with no food whatsoever. And the meat from killing cows is raw, too. No tinderboxes, either. Thankfully I think dodging and stuff will work in this case.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I just wanna know: How the gently caress did this happen? It sounds like a really bad coding error, to be frank.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So as a free player, I think I'll just raise my Smithing via track making since batch track making seems like a nice way to raise it. Also, how far can I go with Farming before the members stuff kicks in? Because it says I can grow potatoes right now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Spergminer posted:

You can train all members skills, sans Construction, to level 5 in F2P. If you go to Burthope there's a tiny farming patch next to a guy who gives 3 potato seeds for free and has a stock of 10 for sale.

That works nicely. And it helps me understand why some F2P quest rewards involve XP in Members skills.

Unrelated but holy poo poo is the RuneSpan broken when it comes to leveling.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Some dumb idiot posted:

Still better than the old method of running Nature runes for hours and hours and hours that you couldn't afk.

Jesus christ how horrifying. I feel relieved I can just suck off things for RC XP now. And also give runes to the man wizard in the yellow hat.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Themata posted:

Guess who got a second Lucky Saradomin Godsword!

How do you even 116 keys.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Update's gonna hit us soon. Get ready. It's the elf stuff and dominion tower stuff.... whatever the gently caress that entails.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Uh... sure. Flesh crawlers. Got it.
I am a mature goon I swear.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Soulhunter posted:

I didn't think the EW series was horrible, outside of the tedious bar-making trolley v:shobon:v

Also:

Come play Barbarian Assault with us! This took two trips (waves 1-4, then 1-8) and I sold tickets for a profit of 1.6m in the process. DO BARBASS!

Levels, man. I need to know what'd be good levels for barbass before I barbass to get barbass bxp.

Barbass.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I just realized that maybe my name sounding gayer might be a good thing. I mean, I was gonna name him Head Daiquiri or something. But Head-On Queer sounds more fitting for the guild and all that poo poo.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah, I'll take a medium DonairOpolis with an order of Tequila Habanara wings, an order of Cross Bones, and about two six-packs of Mountain Dew. And I'd like that around... say... next reset?

And I'll pay with cash.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit I accidentally kept the loving lucky gear I can't even use at all yet.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Guess I could autoclick my way past blechness. It'd take a bit to set up but well worth it, I'd say.

Unrelated, I found this user today.

Seems suspect. Let's examine h-

gently caress.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Terces posted:

The other Ginkers brother.

He just wants to make some gently caress, that's all.

In the near future, I'm gonna get my rear end to Fairy Tales 2. After all, it seems easy to get to. I think.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Magres posted:

If I get banned, I get banned :shrug:

I have absolutely no idea what hosed it up, I watched it for like three hours while it was autoclicking and it was fine the whole time. I thought I figured it out with some mouse/camera fuckery

E: I'm not banned yet, and if I do get banned I'll try to talk my way out of it. I even have a semi believable cover story I've had ready. Don't count me out yet.

Either camera/mouse or the workers, whatever that means. Something something they get in way.

Unrelated.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Me when I'm useful:

Too bad I'm useless 99% of the time.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Simsmagic posted:

Jagex releases updates occasionally that speed up, streamline, or otherwise improve the training of a bad skill (see Bonfires, Runespan, Prif Agility Course). But some very vocal pubbies interpret this as cheapening the challenge of getting max level, and making their 99 worthless because "I shoveled through this poo poo the hard way, by god so should everyone else." If Jagex releases an update that makes Ironman mode easier or otherwise less of a hassle to do things (such as letting them partake in Bonus XP Weekends), the sanctity of Ironman mode will be ruined forever because it isn't a complete pain in the rear end way to play the game.

Well they can just eat my rear end for all I care. The Runespan is loving amazing and so are bonfires. Still though, even with Runespan, the RC slog sort of kicks in. Seeing as how only rare spawns give you the good amounts. Not to mention having to burn a few essences to get from place to place.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I feel dirty now can I put a crossbow in my mouth

Batwing is bad and Jagex should feel bad jesus loving christ on crimbo

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Preid posted:

I believe I have discovered the most vile, and shameful, goon in the game.

Only 5b? Pleb. Also trim yo picture up man, that excess white's embarrassin' and poo poo.'

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Themata posted:

December's Poopsocking Nerd Shaming:

Top 50! :toot:

Also

Low level thieving in a nutshell.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Preid posted:

Forget your lock-pick?

Guild can't afford picks yet.
Also help I can't stop playing this awful game. It's like the lovely kebab to FF14's delicious asian stuff.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Themata posted:

:siren:Goonscape POH Event!:siren:

Next next Saturday, on the 10th of January, we will be having an event to visit other goon-made homes 30 minutes after reset. I will make occasional announcements to keep you all reminded, so prep up your house, make it cool/nerdy so we can visit it and see what cleanliness/filth you live in!

A few important things to note:
a) If your house is in Elf City, move it to a location everyone can access prior to the event. If your house is there and we can't visit it, we will not give your dumb nerdy house a housewarming. This will cost you 25k/50k depending on Varrock tasks to return to Elf City but if you have access to it, that should be pocket change.
b) Event will be on 117.
c) Get on Mumble for the event if possible. Mumble is fun and pretty cool for group events, and if Pizza Man participates, you can be assured we'll have at least one non anti-social chatty goon to listen to.
d) I will take screenshots and try to video record the event if possible. I encourage others to do the same!

Oh yay, now everyone can see my trailer home.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

palamedes posted:

Hedonquir if you get messages about worms from pubbies I'm not sorry at all.

I have a plan, don't worry.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mr. Showtime posted:

This one wasn't very good. Are you okay? Is something Themata?

Cue piped-in boo's from the back.

Also, as I'm without any good internet, I might have to keep off RS for a few days. Thank you, Time Warner. In that span, would it be alright to ask for a quick bank clean? Because I don't want my duder to not poopsock miss out on some cool poo poo, including possibly the house parties.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Themata posted:

I missed this before, but I'm totally up for it. Just shoot me a pm through the forums. :)
Sent a PM with sensitive poo poo. Take a guess what the sensitive poo poo is

Themata posted:

It's the addition of the free cash bag with a chance of it being 1 mil daily that's :wtc: The old amulet doesn't have that feature.
Sounds like you can buy bonds, then make the costs back for more bonds. But still, bonds should not be used for keys, I reckon.

EDIT: gently caress me, my internet was... uh... magically fixed. So yeah, change "any time" to "probably tomorrow sometime"? Yeah.

widespread fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 9, 2015

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Themata posted:

:catstare: How in God's name did Hedonquir amass so much junk in such a short time?

I don't even know myself. Wise Old Man didn't even notice some of the stuff from old quests.
That, and slayer/TH/general looting. I think.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Please tell me there's no drawbacks to this. Because this just made divination super easy to grind.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Note to self: Never solo any size beyond small. Medium might not be a good idea.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

And this was from 243 monkfishes as a daily. I can't get into Piscatoris, either.

To be fair, I started at 63 Cooking.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

palamedes posted:

Not pictured: Pizza Hinze, who could not even come on the trawler. Worst dungeonboat ever.

We weren't even in a dungeon god dammit.

Also not pictured: Grips saying dungeoneering speak.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So just today, I had a thought: Since RuneLabs is due to drop, why don't we make our own terrible ideas? I mean, pubs are probably gonna choke it with their terrible ideas. So why not a goon's terrible idea?

With that, I present this pitch: Alice Does Gielinor, Or Why The gently caress Is She Here Instead Of Screwing Me Out Of My Hard-Earned But Useless Keys*

* Guaranteed to ruin more of Runescape or your money back and ready to fund my next idea.

Overview: Treasure Hunter. Somehow a good venture. But it's boring to watch as everyone opens up a chest to get a star. It's also boring taking a swim in the billions of gold coins that surround the chests, too. So with a want to go out, the mascot Alice enters the really dumb world of Gielinor in order to interact with the filthy money-grubbing peasants intrepid adventurers that seem to plague inhabit it. This is where you come in. The questline is essentially teaching Alice what adventurers do for fun and profit. She grows ever so disgusted and loathsome as you do so, moreso because it might ruin her favorite dress.

Quests 1-3: Basic poo poo. First one's combat-related, and taking place in Lumbridge. Second one's gathering and whatnot, will be in Taverley and Burthorpe. Third one's in the Grand Exchange.

Quests 4-7: Hijinx ensues. Quest 4 forces you to do the barbarian bar crawl again in order to get her to run the course (She doesn't, claiming to have some injury, leaving you to do it.), quest 5 takes you to Tai Bwo to show where the mahogany comes from (get some trading sticks for this bit since she wants you to craft mahogany stuff), quest 6 leads you to the Gnome Stronghold for some good ol' gnome cooking. (Alice gets shitfaced after just one drink.), and quest 7 involves finding where she went. (She's in the elf city somehow.)

Quests 8-12: Bullshit Central. Quest 8 is just getting medicine for her.(Needs 90 herblore to make the medicine, and the reagents are all around Gielinor. Also a puzzle in order to mix the drat things.) Quest 9 involves a tour of the stones. (The stones now have a high failure rate, due to Alice's Berating: A perk that deliberately lowers everything.) Quest 10 involves Morvan. (She forces you into his dungeon for fun.) Quest 11 has Alice bargaining with elves for a crystal keep of her very own. (You have to build it, it's 90 Construction, and it unlocks crystalline dungeons. They cost 1M per room, and do gently caress all..) Quest 12 has Alice being bored of Prfddinas, and she wants to go home. (One of three Grandmaster Quests here. Needs 90 Magic, 91 Construction, 90 Mining, and 90 Agility. Quest only starts when you hit the req's, Agility can't be boosted, and is only needed to survive a scripted magic botch.)

Quests 13 and 14: God dammit why. Quest 13 involves everyone's favorite area: The Elemental Workshop. You are required to gather enough magic bars needed to make delicate little filigrees for useless things. Also some really hard-to-get items. Requires 95 Cooking, 95 Smithing, 95 Magic, 95 Crafting, and 95 Thieving. (The thieving is only for enduring a few things.) Quest 14- AKA the finale- is gonna be the main bullshit quotient. You have to Home Teleport everywhere, then cast "Return To Alice's Keep", a spell unlocked at 98 Magic that uses 5 soul runes and 5 law runes. This is to calibrate Alice's new teleportation device, which you made in 13. THEN, you must use it, resulting in a fuckload of problems. Such as a tear in the rift of time, Saradomin AND Zamorak wizards raiding in anger, champions investigating just what the gently caress is going down with the device, penguins coming in to try to steal the device, and even a few dead characters coming back to make life hell. Like Bandos and the Culinaromancer. Of course, this results in Alice forcing you to fight EVERYONE, since they're ruining her castle with their peasant-like presence. The final result? All champions are dead dead, KGP having to retreat, and generally all the gods are going "What the gently caress" at just what went down. And then she asks you to use it again, this time dragging in the remaining gods and Sliske. Also the Stone of Jas because I lost track. Naturally, you try to pacify the reasonably angry gods. This requires yet another Gielinor-wide fetch quest. And at the end of it all? You come back to a pile of dead gods. Just, a big loving pile of all the gods' corpses. Since your timing is "ever so perfect", you witness Sliske's body being thrown against the corpses. Why? Because he tried to steal Alice's gold. Your reward for doing all this? A small star for the new skill coming out sometime after this quest. You demand more, but she just gets ready to fight. At this point, you now have to fight the rich woman, who touched the stone now. The fight's one-sided, as she hits for 10001 regardless of stats. After that, you're cast into Death's home. Death is just absolutely confused at the events, and feels bad for you. And this is where the questline ends.

Final Rewards (Excluding experience): two bonds, that small star, 25 keys for Treasure Hunter, 25 Hearts of Ice, crystalline dungeons for your home, the gods' clothes as overrides, a new emote, a letter from Jagex that says "Sorry.", and another letter that just says "Come play Treasure Hunter! You can win some Lucky gear!".

Congratulations, adventurer! You just hosed up the lore beyond all repair! Now do it again in Hardcore Ironman mode.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Soulhunter posted:

yew log/maple log scams

:wtc: People are falling for that? And here I thought they could right-click to get a better view of it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Soulhunter posted:

Between being able to right click the item on the first screen, a flashing :siren:WARNING SOMETHING GOT REPLACED:siren:, and the second screen where the items were displayed in text form, I really don't know how people were getting scammed but whatever I guess. Some folks just rush through trades/don't pay attention and I doubt an inventory icon swap will help those types much.

I kinda wanna see a mod post that's essentially "STOP loving RUSHING TRADES AND LOOK AT WHAT YOU'RE BUYING BEFORE YOU TRADE GOD DAMMIT." Because ya gotta force pubs to a new change.
I'd laugh instead if this got the scammers to stop and assume the buyers are smarter now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Spergminer posted:

$9.49 and €8,49 for a month. 6$ for a bond, RIP 7 mil bonds, I should've bought more than two.

So maybe stockpile before March 1st, then burn through them as the price rise hits.

In unrelated news, you guys need to try out the Sinister Keys. They're used for a chest from 2002. Said chest has consistent herb drops that are all worth more than the key itself. Catch is, you need 49 Agility, fair amount of health, and possibly a Beast of Burden to really cash in on allegedly dead content.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Terces posted:

I examined him, and discovered why he does not fish...

Oh Sara. :stare:

You're in his ol' stompin' grounds I reckon.
Still, some people should do that. Stand around in relevant areas with 200M in skill experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Note to self: Buy bronze packages instead of regular packages. I just shot myself in the foot here by getting regular.

Pictured: An accurate representation on how I feel. I'm in the fire.