Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Montasque posted:

Look at Trump and Bush's numbers... Holy poo poo.

Yeah, there is a reason he is panicking and fed that "no, really, we are going to win" piece to Costa & the WaPo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

The X-man cometh posted:

"I don't know how Reagan won, nobody I know voted for him"

Nixon

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Pavlov posted:

How are they getting those popularity numbers? The '16 ones look way too regular.

very few data points until the run up, just drawing linear connections between the ones there.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Baloogan posted:

Anyone have any Trump assassination conspiracy theories?

In this creeping horror, Trump is Greg Stillson, not JFK

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Will Ahmed Mohamed come up in the debate tonight?

Doubtful. It is a foreign policy debate and the questions will have been prepped out weeks ago

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

DOOP posted:

Joementum's secret identity revealed?

Would

:negative:

Welp

Also, while the last one was in front of 4,500 republicans from the general public, the audience for this one is a much smaller crowd of high end donors and republican "insiders"

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

"Bragadocious"

Oh god some people here are doing the matt Taibbi drinking game

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Sardonik posted:

A lot has been said about Carly's fascist ideas, but I'd just like to throw out that one of the last things Huckabee said that night was one of the most nakedly fascist things I've ever heard. The part about having a friendly society that "respects the police" and has a strong military specifically.

I was most put off by Christie's "it's not good enough to punish crimes after they happen, we need to punish crimes before they occur" bit personally

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

euphronius posted:

The definition of fascism is very broad and the adjective fascist is even broader.

It was also practiced rather differently under different rulers (eg Franco vs Hitler), making it a bit tricky to nail down even before the cultural use of the term comes in. It is probably more useful to differentiate the strains just like how communism you split between Marxism, Trotskyism, Leninist, Leninist-Stalinist, anarchist, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

2016 Republican Primary: Trumpty Dumpty wanted a wall, Trumpty Dumpty had a great fall...

• Locked thread