Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

SedanChair posted:

Get ready to discover just how much scorn the nation can pour out on a middle aged woman for the crime of not being dead.
Dude, man or woman, she'll be a hair under 70 when the time comes. That ain't middle aged until Ray Kurzweil starts dancing the singularity shuffle. I mean they'll beat her up for being too old and mentally ill and all that, no doubt, and she'll get more guff than, say Biden, who is even older, but let's not pretend she's middle-aged.

Unless you mean she's from Middle Earth, which is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Let's be clear, the debate was the term "middle-aged." I won't be dragged off into some other debate. 70 is not middle-aged even in loving old people Japan, heh. She's is a senior citizen, period. I have no problem with that, I think we should elect older people because they know a shitload more than younger people, so that's no strike against her in my book, but let's not remotely try to pretend Saint Reagan was a Spring Chicken or that Hillary is Middle-Aged. It doesn't matter how she looks, age is age, you don't get to treat it like it's part of a huge box of crayolas and go, "Well it's kind of orange."

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
We labeled some folks.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

StabbinHobo posted:

is joe actually gonna go for it?
God I hope so. Just replace "G.I." with "Diamond" in this song and play it before every rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YjfGex5JHY

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Timby posted:

The scary thing about Walker (well, one of many) is that he has admitted on tape that he is beholden to the Kochs.
My thing is, he's such a putz. I mean, like Cruz, he's obviously the kid that got beat up in school repeatedly for telling on everyone else and had no friends. He just reeks of it. I can't believe anyone is inspired by either of them. Charisma factor of zero. I think that's how low the bar is. Dubya and Mitt and Huckabee seem charismatic compared to this crew, which is probably why these guys never make it to the top of the ticket.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Bernie Sanders, beholden to Big Maple AND Big Pasta.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Joementum posted:

Hillary made an awful Forrest Gump parody video for the Gridiron Dinner twenty years ago. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68qJN9MwDfY
I cut my political teeth on Bill and Hillary and I've watched/read countless documentaries and books on the inner workings and the thing I always come away with is that Bill is, in his own weird way, the most supportive husband ever. He's like the dad with the kid that isn't really good at baseball who makes it a point to run out and yell at the coach for playing his son wrong or something. He must spend half his time groaning at how tone-deaf Hillary is with the theater/retail side of politics. Even if you go back to "I'm not sitting here some little woman standing by my man like Tammy Wynette..." I swear you can see him flinch. God knows how far it goes back prior. She might be a great President and we surely shouldn't judge our Presidents on this stupid theater poo poo like we do, but man she is just so Goddamn awkward and clearly can't get past it.

I wonder if Truman would seem engaging today, or cold and off-putting. He's like every President's favorite modern President. Aw shucks factor off the scales, but I've no clear idea what he'd look like with today's media on his rear end.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 12, 2015

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Joementum posted:

Here's an ad for Ted Cruz's new book A Time for Truth, which is in no way a campaign ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltW1X7X03m8
He looks more and more like Q every time I see him now.

As for Huckabee, he is what he is. A provincial redneck preacher made good who can't stop sticking his hand in the donation box. He's hardly the most loathsome politician around, in fact he's one of the more human in many ways. I could make a list using all fingers and toes of despicable politicians in order before I got to Hucklebee.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
I've never bothered to read seriously about the guy, but someone told me once that his family made their money in the air rights craze. I still can't believe air rights are a thing, even though they make sense in a place like that. No idea if all that's true, but anything that lets my mind boggle itself over air rights is momentarily fulfilling.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

A human heart posted:

Didn't Cain get it as well because there was some kind of threat against him?
No, but many of his female staff members did :rimshot:

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Has Andy Borowitz ever written anything remotely funny in his life?
Headlines.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Chamale posted:

I cannot imagine seeing George W. Bush on TV and hearing that voice again, for the last couple years of his presidency he was widely seen as a laughingstock and an embarrassment to the U.S.
Yeah, but he could dance. And paint! A Renaissance man to be sure.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

skaboomizzy posted:

My guess is Graham will announce the formation of a PAC centered around foreign policy. Depending on how much money it gets, he may announce his candidacy later.

Or he's announcing that he'll be cast as the new dad on Chrisley Knows Best.
Or he's announcing that May 18th is declared Dandy Day, during which all patriotic Americans must wear ice cream colored seersucker suits with British tan loafers and bowties while effecting a sickeningly sweet Southern accent patterned after Kevin Spacey in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Suspenduhs ah optionull, suh.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Arkane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZxDrJi9UE

We've learned Hillary's accomplishments as Secretary of State include:
-Can't think of anything
-Can't think of anything
-Can't think of anything
-What is secretary of state?
-Scott Walker is gonna take mah unions!!!!!
There are no 10 Iowans you could put in a room and ask about Hillary at State without at least one wrinkling up their mouth and curtly saying BENGHAZI. Like even the Democrats there, heh, at least one would be a blue dog angry at Hillary.

Also I almost typed HOLLA-ry, which I think is a good nickname.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

BristolSOF posted:

This is great.

Scott Walker was also on With All Due Respect

Tomorrow they'll have Mitt Romney, Lindsey Graham and John Kasich
One of you freakish political nerds should set up a Google map tracking all these appearances. Would be interesting to see and, if it isn't been done yet, get a shitload of attention.

• Locked thread