Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The GOP would have to be careful how they play the "too old" card against Clinton. They rely on older voters who wouldn't like to hear that a 70 year old shouldn't be trusted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Zwabu posted:

How many ways can you say "shrill harpy" or "castrating bitch" without actually using those words?

Castration tests pretty well in Iowa, iirc.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Good Citizen posted:

Ha ha paleo. Is there any aspect of Jeb that isn't a joke?
I am pretty sure I read he has Chrohn's disease. Maybe he has a restricted diet and doesn't want to call attention to his health.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Bill Kristol recent said something similar, I'm a little worried to be honest.

Bill Kristol questioned Paul's grasp of reality. Paul must have transcendent awareness of space-time.

Rand for Kwisatz Haderach 2016.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Since federal employees' pay is a matter of public record, it'd be pretty easy to find out who the informant is.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Would this count as a Walker baseball photo?

Walker and the Milwaukee Brewers Racing Sausages

Also after watching the forum yesterday, Carson seems to talk like he is out of breathe constantly

Chorizo isn't there. Racist.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Carson: Does his uncle really work for Nintendo?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I seem to remember him saying he was on a plane with the 9/11 highjackers during one of their dry runs. If the story is true I can see how it would freak you out. Or he made it up. Nuts either way.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

memy posted:

They did dry runs on real planes?
I can't remember all the details, here's a Snopes link.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
If Trump loses his cognitive dissonance is going to be fantastic. There's no way his ego will be able to accept that he is in fact a loser. It will be even more hilarious than Scott Walker "being called to lead by clearing the field."

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Titan posted:

The man insults our allies, slurs entire races of people, calls for a national registry of American Muslims, says he'll even deny entry into the US to Muslim American citizens, openly says he'll commit war crimes with the deliberate targeting of civilians, calls for enhanced interrogation including waterboarding on the immediate family members of terrorists and to top it off, when a protester gets beaten up at his rally he says the protester had it coming. Are we in loving bizarro world?!

Don't forget mocking a journalist's disability, and then demanding an apology from the subject of his abuse.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Whether Trump knew it or not, there's a long history of American politicians exploiting fear of miscegenation, particularly the image of black men raping white women.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Vox Nihili posted:

Countdown until Cruz says "Cultural Marxism."

I still have no idea what that means beyond "thing I don't like."

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

PleasingFungus posted:

"Obama's humiliatingly weak Iran policy is exposed again," Jeb Bush said in a tweet before the sailors were released.

Doesn't W still have access to all kinds of intelligence reports? Jeb could have called him up and gotten the inside scoop on the situation before looking dumb...

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

Jeb! trying to look like a rational person w/r/t Iran would be a liability for him in this race.

Haha, true.

Peachstapler posted:

Sensitive information is disseminated on a need-to-know basis and anything outside of that is considered a security breach. Jeb using it for political gain would be painfully obvious and an embarrassment to his dumb campaign and his brother's already tarnished legacy.

I thought ex-presidents were one of the few exceptions to this.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This is from a couple pages back, but whatevs...

Shakugan posted:

I just want maximum Jeb humiliation with the constraint that he doesn't drop out.
Maximum schadenfreude would be Jeb getting so desperate he gets his infirm father to campaign for him, Bush 41 dies stumping in a South Carolina waffle house and Jeb has to live the rest of his life knowing his own power lust killed dear old dad.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Do It Once Right posted:

You can purchase Mitt Romney's books No Apology: The case for American Greatness and No Apology: Believe in America from amazon.com. They are the same book, but one is paperback.
Pretty sure the paperback has a line removed about how Romneycare could be a model for the whole country or something to that effect. The change was made after Obamacare.

:laugh:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

rear end cobra posted:

The only part of the DJT platform that is consistent and really makes sense is his firm position that LaGuardia airport is a shithole

Laguaurdia is a dump, but sit on the left window seat when you fly in. As you come in for a landing you see all of Manhattan. P cool IMHO.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The best part about Trump possibly getting ratfucked or losing the general is going to be his petulant meltdown. You know he won't go quietly. Funding the opponents of those who crossed him, divesting from their districts to piss off their constituents. Claiming nation wide voter fraud. Threatening to take a ratfucking case to the Supreme Court. And the more transparent his bullshit becomes the more desperate he'll get.

It's gonna be great.

Edit: Oh yeah, frivolous lawsuits just to cost his enemies millions in legal fees.

deoju fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 2, 2016

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm not very learned in RNC procedural arcana. Since delegates are apportioned and bound/unbound by the state-level parties is there anything preventing a state party from changing their rules between now and the convention? Say Trump is past 1237, but then the NY state party says, "uhhm, we aren't winner take all any more," dropping Trump below the threshold.

I suppose the RNC/establishment could refuse to seat their delegates for changing midstream, but that would also give them what they want, someone other than Trump.

I really just want to see maximum insanity at the convention.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

RNC rules say that delegate selection and binding rules must be frozen in the October preceding the election year.

Ahhh poo poo, there goes my plan for 11th hour faithless delegates. Still holding out for some other skullduggery.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

radical meme posted:

See, this kind of real talk is what keeps me awake at night. To me, a guy from Texas, Cruz always has been the nightmare candidate; he is the loving quintessential Machiavellian politician. He's the guy who lusts for power and should never be allowed anywhere near it. Too many people have underestimated him his whole life and yet, here we are, still underestimating just how much of a shitlord manipulator he is and how far that can take him.

Cruz is scary as gently caress. If Clinton is all but guaranteed to win this year I'd prefer him to be the candidate she beats. I want him to get the loser label, if not he'll be back in every 4 years until he wins or is otherwise disgraced. I'm worried if it is Trump, Cruz'll be the "I told you so" candidate in 2020 and a terror attack or a recession will get him elected.

I pretty much arzy-ed an election 4+ years away, didn't I?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Trump should just personally insult every judge, then they would all be biased. Then the case can't go to trial. Problem solved.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Vile posted:

He's not wrong.

Republicans have never given anything away in order to get political support.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

is "if you can dig the music" even a thing? does anyone on this planet not enjoy madonna - like a prayer???

Black Jesus and a burning cross in the music video was a big deal at the time.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
JFK also had some doctor who was pumping him full of heavy duty poo poo. Amphetamines, for sure maybe other stuff, I can't remember. He was the original Dr. Feelgood.

deoju fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 20, 2016

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

This is what the article about Susan Sarandon in the pictured lower left really looks like. Whoever took that screenshot has a browser extension that automatically puts parenthesis around the names of jews.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hillary should just play that audio and show pictures of wounded and KIA OIF vets non stop between now and November.

She'd get 538 electoral votes.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I believe women deserve equal opportunity in all fields of employment, including paranormal investigation and elimination.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

I'm thinking it'll be less Steve Austin and more Owen Hart.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

Dude lives literally a mile from me, I really need to figure out where he gets shitfaced at

Find the nearest tanning salon and work outward.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Who could possibly play Trump?

James Gandolfini might have been able to...

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It's not "a ghostbustersmobile," it's Ecto 1A! :arghfist::goonsay:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

"Borderline bigotry" t:what:

Setting aside the fact that he is way past border, why would you tip toe around that in your take down article of him? If you are trying to build a case against him (and you don't want to piss off your racist readers) site only the judge comments which even Ryan called racist.

Edit: in regards to Clinton's reaction to a potential threat, I can't help but wonder what physical preparedness training she's had from the Secret Service. I get annual training at my job as a desk jockey.

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 5, 2016

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

As shocked as I am that he didn't take the bait, I read this as, "I don't want her to show hers so I have to show mine."

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

:fuckoff:

John Adams, one of the Founding Fathers the right likes to worship, literally defended the British soldiers who committed the Boston Massacre.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

I figure this is because he says so much horrendously insane poo poo his occasional boiler plate Republican statements fly under everyone's radar.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

can't wait to see her poo poo on milo for an hour
Please, no. Hillary naming him would vault him to right wing super stardom. He just had Twitter knee cap him, don't do him the favor.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm OK with with the invasion of taco trucks, so long as they leave room on the block for the Jamaican jerk, and Korean BBQ trucks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

To be fair, Trump is used to 'C' on documents meaning 'colored.'

• Locked thread