Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm trying to imagine an alt-right think tank

Twitter. Unless they get banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

InterFaced posted:

I woke up laughing today. :feelsgood:

Good morning Mr. Boehner

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bunleigh posted:

Good morning Mr. Boehner

Dude lives literally a mile from me, I really need to figure out where he gets shitfaced at

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gravy Jones posted:

Twitter. Unless they get banned.

The Breitbart Institute For The Advancement of Colorless People

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

Dude lives literally a mile from me, I really need to figure out where he gets shitfaced at

Find the nearest tanning salon and work outward.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Who are we? Well, we're a group of snotty manlet wunderkind who spend all our time on the internet, have developed an entire worldview exclusively around hating women who don't want to gently caress us, and have no proven ability to deliver votes. Come join the movement.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg I just checked the news and I can't believe I missed Cruz speaking

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Did the FEC filing turn out to just be boring, or has it not been released yet?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

deoju posted:

Find the nearest tanning salon and work outward.

eh, I've been to those bars, and I'm pretty sure he'd get shanked there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ted Cruz is my new favorite politician

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

This is only tangentially related to this thread but can anyone link me to something that has pics/transcripts of why milo was actually banned? Everything is saying that he was inciting hate or whatever without actual examples.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Those are all just the commandments to having a good show. She's not insane. WE ALL ARE ARGH

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Did the FEC filing turn out to just be boring, or has it not been released yet?

The overall picture is boring, but I haven't seen any itemized expenditures yet, so there could be some gold there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump just really isn't popular with Hispanics

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

I like this a lot.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

misty mountaintop posted:

I like this a lot.

Bashar Al-Assad refusing to endorse Trump rules

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Neeksy posted:

Donald Trump is the Mighty No. 9 of political campaigns.

A more disastrous, plainly incompetent rollout I've not seen in years. If the RNCinCLE, or whatever the gently caress acronym salad it is, is supposed to show how great Trump is at managing even the basic theatrics of a campaign, it's hard to then extrapolate that to being competent enough to run the white house

Good news! He's going to hand over all governing responsibility to Mike Pence!

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

man. remember how we thought that lady giving the hitler salute was gonna be near peak of the night and then Ted Cruz firebombed the place?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

nachos posted:

Good news! He's going to hand over all governing responsibility to Mike Pence!

Having other people 'paint your fences' is the first lesson all intelligent business people learn!

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Bashar Al-Assad refusing to endorse Trump rules

The Lion Ted Cruz barrel-bombed the RNC.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
I just got caught up on yesterdays madness.

I really loving hope that Cruz ended his career and the GOP throws everything to primary him in 2018.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg trump is undermining nato too??

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
release the sarin and norovirus

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Constant Hamprince posted:

i like to eat, and have children

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

euphronius posted:

Omg trump is undermining nato too??

he's been doing that for a couple months now

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
CLEVELAND — Tony Schwartz, the ghostwriter of Mr. Trump’s best-selling autobiography “The Art of the Deal,” said on Wednesday that he had received a cease-and-desist letter from Mr. Trump’s chief legal counsel over his blistering assessments of the candidate and their work together.

Mr. Schwartz said in an interview with MSNBC that the letter demanded that he forfeit all royalties he had earned from the book.

“It’s nuts and completely indicative of who he is,” Mr. Schwartz said. “There’s no basis of anything legal. I suspect that Donald Trump called up his chief legal officer and said, ‘Go after that guy and do whatever you have to do.’ ”

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

a cop posted:

This is only tangentially related to this thread but can anyone link me to something that has pics/transcripts of why milo was actually banned? Everything is saying that he was inciting hate or whatever without actual examples.

No. Twitter don't comment on individual suspensions or bannings and this isn't any different. The best you'll get is their vague official statement that refers to multiple accounts. Some speculation that the straw that broke the camels back was the circulation of doctored/fake tweets which is a big no-no, aside from the speculation that he was banned for being the world's leading gay conservative of course. Not so tangentially, If you haven't read it, Milo's column about banning trolls from social media is pretty amusing: http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/yiannopoulos/3359/the-internet-is-turning-us-all-into-sociopaths/

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jul 21, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Gravy Jones posted:

No. Twitter don't comment on individual suspensions or bannings and this isn't any different. The best you'll get is their vague official statement that refers to multiple accounts. Some speculation that the straw that broke the camels back was the circulation of doctored/fake tweets which is a big no-no, aside from the speculation that he was banned for being the world's leading gay conservative of course. Not so tangentially, If you haven't read it, Milo's column about banning trolls from social media is pretty amusing: http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/yiannopoulos/3359/the-internet-is-turning-us-all-into-sociopaths/

Ah, yeah, that's what I suspected. But I meant even aside from any official statement, was there anything that was clearly, flagrantly abuse as of late? His tweets always seemed pretty benign in comparison to how he was characterized.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Watching Newt on CBS. Other than Vilerat's mom, the worst thing I've seen in the past couple of nights was Newt extending the war on Terror to the entirety of Muslims that live in Muslim countries.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

a cop posted:

Ah, yeah, that's what I suspected. But I meant even aside from any official statement, was there anything that was clearly, flagrantly abuse as of late? His tweets always seemed pretty benign in comparison to how he was characterized.

Who cares. Twitter is a free platform that he used for self-promotion. At least on SA you can say you spent ten dollars for the privilege. He got banned because gently caress him.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
It's a bit annoying that Cruz's not bending the knee made people forget how he decided to rewrite the Dallas protest that has been described as a calm and peaceful event as an antagonistic one.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Holy poo poo Newt rolling back obligation to Estonia

"Its St. Petersburg suburb!"

EDIT: Everyone put on this channel

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Who cares. Twitter is a free platform that he used for self-promotion. At least on SA you can say you spent ten dollars for the privilege. He got banned because gently caress him.

come back to byob!

:byodood:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Newt interview is over, but I bet its gonna be repeated a lot.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yep

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/756099175532593153

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Twitter put out a statement that didn't name names but pointed out that one of the things that was over the line was people organizing harassment campaigns.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I think free speech is cool. Twitter isn't a government organization, but I'd hope they'd steel adhere to the same values that allowed them to thrive.

muscles like this? posted:

Twitter put out a statement that didn't name names but pointed out that one of the things that was over the line was people organizing harassment campaigns.

That's what I was asking about, any tweets that were anything even close to that, because I don't remember any.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Good morning friends!!!

I told you guys. Cruz neutered himself for any potential 2020 run.

Also LOL at Lee Harvey Cruz.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

muscles like this? posted:

IIRC in particular it was organizing a harassment campaign against Leslie Jones, one of the lead actresses from the new Ghostbusters movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Shageletic posted:

Newt interview is over, but I bet its gonna be repeated a lot.

I've tried to explain to my younger friends why Newt was so detested in the 90's, but they really never got it until just about now.

• Locked thread