Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

I hope Bakugo completely no-sells what's coming next to make up for the past year of AFO doing the same. I also hope Bakugo gets to punch a baby immediately afterwards.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: fan zone, fans own

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
An early merry Christmas to this thread

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Happy holidays, I said!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheHan posted:

Hawks kills an evil baby: bad, unbecoming of a hero

Explosion Murder God kills an evil baby: yayyyy!

Darn right

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rhonne posted:

Dabi failing to kill his whole family in a suicidal final attack and instead be cursed to live out the rest of his life as a blind, paraplegic burnt out husk would be the most Dabi way his story could end.

the darkest, saddest lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Shiggy should accidentally get his grandma and then gets his soul spanked until the end of time. Everyone just looks away awkwardly as yet another big bad is reduced to baby mode.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RareAcumen posted:

Gloop Warp

How dare you say that name!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AfO's remnant will hop over into Deku, steal Shiggy's quirks, and then his brother will squish him again and leave both Deku and Shiggy quirkless

A random passerby sneezes on All Might and cures him 100%, everyone's happy again except Dabi and Spinner

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheHan posted:

I just can't wait for horikoshi to weigh in on this, i start kicking my feet and giggling just imagining how deku plans to resolve this.

that kid is gonna punch

hard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tree of Might

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Another thought regarding that:

All Might was not Deku when he was younger, nor did he grow up in a comparable time. The way I see it, All Might got OfA and thought of it as simply more power. He wasn't somebody who studied quirks and considered their pros/cons, nor was he really able to have that kind of hobby given the circumstances. So the quirk was just "you're the superest superhuman, just like you thought this would make you."

This is all headcanon baloney from me, but I do think Deku has been able to access the prior quirks because he's been the only user with the interest/imagination to do so. It's not like his body is uniquely attuned to the quirk, he can barely handle its power as is. If Deku wasn't the little weirdo that he is, there's a good chance he'd wind up an All Might Jr when it's all said and done.

I'm not a fiction scientist, this is just how I've thought about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ya make two unbeatable super bosses. So broken, they are, that one of em is defeated moreso by their own idiocy than the actions of any one hero. The other...uhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah I dunno, mind palace this poo poo.

I'm not as down on this chapter as I sound, but taking it all in big picture I just think the invincible final boss poo poo needs to go. I've rarely been entertained by it. Maybe Cars from Jojo?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the message the series is going for would hit a lot harder if just killing Shigaraki was still an option. Again, super invincible mega boss shtick is hard to pull off well but regardless of Deku's motivation to get through to Shiggy the story has kinda said that he's not really killable in his current state. So yeah Deku, do your thing. It's the only option on the table, which makes it a little less dramatic a choice.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 18, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
On that note this little bastard better survive past the ending of the series.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RareAcumen posted:

Did you ever finish Metal Gear Rising?

If Deku screamed "Jack is back" and then fist of the north star'd Shigaraki we'd be living on the best timeline

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"We beat the poo poo out of this baby, we were right to do it and by god we'd do it again if that baby showed its face in front of us again."

Hero Society is powerful

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku might literally be only a scrub by the time this fight is over

Also I get this series loves its star wars references but the limb destruction has been off the charts for a while

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nana is still there, yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

syntaxfunction posted:

It's pretty safe to say that Horikoshi has been winging the story for quite a while at this point. I don't think much from any original plot outline has stuck around at this point given the constant bouncing and whiplashing lol

But everyone knows Mineta is gonna save the day at the end, because ?? and it will be 100% justified cause there'll be a reference to something from 100 chapters ago :v:

Mineta will win by shouting "I love titties" and it would be the least batshit thing to happen in the last year of the series.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

Mineta will win by shouting "I love titties" and it would be the least batshit thing to happen in the last year of the series.

:getin:We are 100% in play, folks.:getin:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Need to see an epilogue where Eri has grown a horn 20 feet long in the hopes of bringing back peak All Might before he passes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I DON'T GIVE A HOT GAY gently caress WHAT CONGRESS SAYS

SEND THE HEROES, DUDE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Scholtz posted:

Hopefully Mineta dies too so both major perverts of the series get got

He's gonna be the #1 hero in the epilogue.