Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I wasn't really talking about it in terms of drawbacks, more like a "this is ridiculous and not very grounded" sort of thing

Yeah, I hope it doesn't spoil the realism and grounded comedy of Explosion Hands Man, Fire-and-Ice guy, and Acid Sweat Girl hanging out with No-Gravity girl and Pikachu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Since nobody else is doing it, I'll dig up the official translation from SJ. I ramped through the comic yesterday at work, so I don't remember the exact wording.

EDIT: Viz is specifically using the word "Rewind"

Neito fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 17, 2017

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Are any of y'all reading the Viz translations for this stuff? Do they come much later than MangaStream? I don't know if I'm just being finicky but I find this manga a lot less readable since Fallen Angels stopped working on it.

I've never read the MS scanslations, but I find the Viz one eminently readable.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Dragon ball is such an interesting case because the main character is married and has multiple children but also doesn’t seem to know what sex is.

A couple pages back, but Super made it cannon that Goku's never kissed Chi-Chi.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I love that Baku's parents have zero patience for his bullshit.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I feel like I missed something, or just read AC and Shogeki no Soma too fast and missed those arcs? Or did I just block out large parts of AC?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Galvanik posted:

You can read illegal scans and still have a paid subscribed :colbert:

Are we ignoring the idea that there are Americans who can read Japanese and Jump is a pretty easy magazine to get your hands on?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

The scans we get are based on leaks that come out before the issue hits sale, and therefore are still illegal. Like, the first time one could get the most recent chapter legitimately in Japan was yesterday.

Ah, entirely fair. I've been out of the day to day piracy scene for too long.

(Plus I forgot Jump comes out on sundays)

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Stexils posted:

sato and koji have difficult powers to write. sato is just powering up but he gets stupider the stronger he gets which makes it hard to include the kind of tactics that make deku's fights interesting, and shouji has a power that in a direct confrontation is either overwhelming (enemy gets swarmed by animals) or useless if there's not enough animals around. plus most of the fights take place in urban environments where there's not that many types of animals to work with. koji might work as a support character sometimes but sato is very much an unremarkable background guy.

Plus, like Deku to Muscular, Sato is just ultimately a worse version of Deku, especially as Deku gets more and more control over One for All.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

SgtSteel91 posted:

Actually it raises a question if all of the previous users were Quirkless as well, or if they had a Quirk before getting OfA

It's said at one point that All Might's master had a quirk. It was just useless compared to OfA.

Also they were going to give Mirio OfA, and he has a quirk.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I'd almost buy one of these if there was a point to it.

https://twitter.com/bell_fine/status/1027516116346724353

Is there a point to anything? If you like it buy it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

Golden Week comes but Too Many Times a year.

Actually I think this is oban?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I love Hagakure just sitting there loving petting Dark Shadow during the vs. intros.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I don't think I ever quite realised that Ashido and Momo have super similar faces.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

"I've never tested it, but it's highly unlikely I can brainwash multiple people simultaneously"

Weren't at least two or all three of his compatriots during the sports festival brainwashed? Or am I just misremembering?

Neito fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 31, 2018

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Mulderman posted:

It's moments like the school festival arc that really makes me fall in love with this series. I mean the action and more serious arcs are also really good. But I just love seeing these kids goof off together.

It's like how everyone's favorte DBZ episode is that one filler one where Goku and Piccolo learn how to drive cars. It gives us insight into the characters as humans.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I'm a bit confused by the last panel, and maybe it's just cus I've been reading to fast or something; was the reveal at the end that Stain was in the armor, or is it just the art being a bit stylized?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Tampa Bae posted:

Gohan was the nerd who had a mom that wanted him to be an intellect and two fathers who wanted him to be the ultimate fighter, and like any reasonable kid did in his situation he did neither, though Piccolo was probably the dad that encouraged him to just start a family

Gohan's definitely an intellectual though? (maybe Super spoilers?) He's like an adjunct professor or something like that, he just also fights.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Bakugou grinning like that is extremely cursed.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

So next week Granblue's doing a cross-over event with MHA with Deku and Bakugo as recruitable units, so soon you, too, will be able to bully a baby.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Arist posted:

Wake me up when they put them in GBVR

They're putting loving 2B in GBVSR, anything's possible.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Horikoshi has pretty clearly set up One for All and All for One as a matter/antimatter quirk/antiquirk kinda thing. The idea of them annihilating themselves (the quirks, that is, not Shiggy and Midoriya) is pretty clearly baked into the story at this point, even if it wasn't initially.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

The plot is increasingly impossible to follow half the time, but I'm confused. I thought AfO's rewind quirk WAS Eri's? Was it just a different regeneration quirk or something?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

myheroacademia.png

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I know this is supposed to be the big drat heroes moment, but every character dragged out for this has been gone so long that there's no emotion to it anymore. Like, I'm still reading cus I still honestly hope the author can pull this out in the end, and I don't want my contribution to this thread every week to just be "huh that sucked", but like.... it just felt like we were never given enough time with the characters as anything buck side stories to Deku that this moment feels like it's trying to cash in on something it never earned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Took him a bit, but Horikoshi finally found the launch pad for this fight. Now just stick the landing.