Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Larryb posted:

I forget, Mirko hasn’t shown up in the anime yet has she (I can remember if she appeared early on or not)?

Also in regards to the movie, did they ever explain how OfA suddenly went back to Deku at the end? I understand the real reason of course but I can’t remember if they bothered to make an in-canon explanation

Bakugo went over and gave Deku a big wet smooch before crawling away and passing out and I will not hear any alternative version of events thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they deserve sympathy but also an rear end whooping because theyre gonna kill a LOT of people if they have their way

edit: and a decent amount of them have definitely killed already

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just a few murders, nbd

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Funky Valentine posted:

Shigaraki does need soldiers. And capital. You wanna know why? "I have a dream!" That one day, everyone in this nation will control THEIR OWN destiny. A land of the TRULY free, goddammit! A nation of ACTION, not words! Ruled by STRENGTH, not committee! Where the law changes to suit the individual, not the other way around! Where power and justice are back where they belong: in the hands of the people with the strongest Quirks!

Hey theres an idea, Shigaraki becomes a US senator

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Did Tokoyami snap that guy's ankle in 2

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think the best compromise here for tension is that one of the students will die, but that student is Mineta

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Good thing Midoriya and Co. showed up to save him. He definitely couldn't have gotten out of there on his own with his ability to jump over half of the city.

IIRC wasn't Magne like seconds away from re-capturing him if the rest of the kids hadn't done anything

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
squeezes himself into Shiggy's butthole and destroys him from the inside

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Brother Entropy posted:

cool chapter but i had to do the :jerkbag: motion when i saw dabi's identity is still being teased out

if you turn up the brightness on your monitor you can actually tell what he said that freaked Hawks out so much

he said im gay

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rhonne posted:

If All For One survived getting his skull crushed in by All Might in his prime, I'm not sure what a severely weakened All Might could even do to kill him at that point.

IIRC All For One was also severely weakened, just not as much as All Might was

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
killer-cops don't normally try to de-escalate a situation or use violence as a last resort

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

tweet my meat posted:

Also Mirko is still really good and the doctor's overblown reactions every time the heroes break through his defenses are loving amazing.

I'd have the same facial expressions if I ever met Mirko just not out of fear

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fabricated posted:

The only real objective motiveless monster in the series is All For One, which is pretty fitting because his whole thing is manipulating disadvantaged people.

I'd say Muscular counts too, he was a pretty big rear end in a top hat

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
King Explosion Murder is already a perfect name

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you have to remember this is magic anime land where people are 10x more durable than normal, people without superpowers can jump 12 feet in the air, and you can knock people out for hours with a well placed karate chop to the neck with no ill effects afterwards

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

M_Gargantua posted:

Don't need to open up any of the main casts slot's to make her the PE teacher

the class is crippled for life after the first session of recess except for Mineta who dies of blood loss (from nosebleeds)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm guessing the incomplete process means his powers will have some sort of limit on its usage, which will explain why he doesnt just immediately disintegrate everyone right away

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like Bakugo for the same reasons I like Inosuke from kimetsu no yaiba

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
interested to see how they explain Endeavor not dying instantly here

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Shiggy isn't unstoppable, as evidenced by Endeavour slapping him around, but we also don't know what other quirks he has waiting in the wings, and he probably won't stay down regardless of what they do. At a minimum, an entire area of Japan needs to be locked down and treated as an active warzone against one man, assuming the rest of the liberation army are taken down.

"slapping him around" is a bit too generous I think, seems like Shigaraki just let him do it and repelled him with one hand afterwards

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
if anyone's going to get hit with a quirk bullet it's probably going to be Aizawa

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
even one-armed Mirko's good enough to claim spots 1-10 by herself

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope Endeavor doesn't die but there's no way he's coming away from a 1v1 with Shigaraki unscathed

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
poo poo's going down

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Isn't people's inability to tolerate being given "his" quirks the very reason Nomu were created?

It's been shown that if you're tough enough you can handle being given an extra quirk or 2, and I think the little Legion of Doom Shigaraki's built can handle it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mystic Mongol posted:

I love that Shigaraki isn't invincible. Too many mangas have a big bad who no-sells everything, but you can clearly hurt that dude and it rules.

he's got super regen powers now so idk how long that's going to hold up

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love this manga so much that I want to see all of its characters die horribly

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
considering the timeline of events we have here that's 100% impossible

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
My Hero Academia Part 2

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
if the quirk you already have is something not physical at all like "can brainwash people with questions" then would another quirk really overload your body

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
muscular is gonna kick Deku's rear end up one side of the street then kick his rear end down the other side of the street

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

christmas boots posted:

Hey nice work, Danger Sense.

No danger to sense when your opponent is 'armless

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The “regular” discussion is usually either “Bakugo/Mineta should die” or “Mirko/new female character makes me very horny” so I say keep speedscan chat cuz we’re not missing much

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can always appreciate a character that responds to threats by just shooting the other guy immediately

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
a bit late for this but I like that scrawny All Might was able to take down the 2 goons who attacked him earlier

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Electric Phantasm posted:

Finally read the official translation and Desutegoro?

maybe that was his real name?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Cruller has obtained Ultra Instinct

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Deku as Gohan isn't really an accurate parallel given that Gohan gets sidelined from the hero role continually until the Cell Arc. And then is immediately sidelined again.

This seems kinda pedantic because every other part of that comparison is spot on

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this woman can change the very fabric of reality and her plan was "make the villain hold his breath for a bit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Speaking of which, didn't he have a weird Venom form during the fight with Shiggy that hasn't shown up since? Was that one of the other people's Quirks? Or was that just Black Whip?

I think that was Deku using Blackwhip to hold his broken bones in place like he was using the Berserk armor, which is metal af