Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Which one is the FKT arc?

It's the one where Ichigo gets involved with high-stakes Rock Paper Scissors gambling.

Wait, my mistake. That's the FKMT arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

I am extremely amused by Detective Conan, because I am pretty sure that enough people were murdered in his vicinity to fill a moderately large town. Someone should probably perform an exorcism on that poor boy, just to be sure. (To be fair, this applies to pretty much every long-running episodic detective series, no matter the medium, but it's still funny. :allears:)

See, Columbo is a detective, so relatively few murders happen after he arrives. Not none, but far fewer. Mostly he just shows up a bit later to catch the guy.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

If they do a "I'm redeemed, now time to die instantly" ending I'll be annoyed. I hate that poo poo so much.

I mean, I don't think it's terribly likely, given how most other characters Deku has reached out to have survived through pretty clear death flags.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

How long has it been since the last chapter? It feels like it's been a week, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention. I only realized it's been a while after hearing that leaks for this week's chapter just dropped.

March 17th. It was a break week.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arist posted:

Momo has been in a hole producing random chaff for the entirety of this arc

e: from a synopsis she apparently made weapons for Mei to fight the Toga clones, but gently caress if I remember any of that and it's a pretty lame capstone for her character (which of course makes it perfect for Momo)

No, she made weapons for herself, too. Just going full out with some miniguns to take down villains.

So, she got to be really effective offscreen. Just like Sukuna!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Deku might literally be only a scrub by the time this fight is over

Also I get this series loves its star wars references but the limb destruction has been off the charts for a while

Look, the sequels abandoned arm destruction and someone has to make up for it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

Okay, call it a poor imitation then, this is a thread for complaining about MHA not defending DBZ :colbert:

And that's part of why I find this thread's complaints have lost pretty much all weight. Even after a chapter is mostly agreed to be pretty fun, the thread keeps talking itself around until it can complain again about the same chapter, then it goes back as far as it can get away with to place MHA's failure as a manga earlier.

There's been plenty of weak stuff (Taguchi's time as editor was much worse than what we're getting now, for example), but if all of it gets the same response, then it's hard to get anything of value out of the discussion.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

Gonna say that "it makes sense with the plot" is not a great standard for writing. "I can understand what is happening" does not a writing make good lol

Considering how some manga get in the endgame, that low bar still puts it above the average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't wait for the single text box saying something like "the shadowy government organization that made Hawks and Nagant was dismantled and restructured"

I mean, the higher ups in the organization got murked at the start of the war arc. It's not a going concern at this point. And Horikoshi said he wanted to do epilogue stuff, even if it's unknown how much he's actually doing.