Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Dragonatrix posted:

Congratulations on your serial killer wife, Deku!

Bakugou can do a toast, and Hagakure can Weekend at Bernie's his bloodless husk through the vows. We'll sell tickets. It'll be great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

It's a Fire/Dark type that plays the "heel" role, loves fame and attention and is blasé about collateral damage during a match.

If Incineroar is anyone, it's Endeavor.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

My Hero Academia: Schrödinger's Sasuke

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Honestly, my worry is that Bakugou's "I admire the way All Might looks when he wins" is going to collapse now that All Might is a stickman all the time, and that's going to put him on the road to villainy.

I don't believe it'll be like that -- Horikoshi is a pretty good shounen writer who's managed to create a legitimately unpredictable plot -- but there's always that festering doubt.

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 26, 2016

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Zernach posted:

Hot drat, I didn't know about the 4-koma so I just went through them all. Genuinly laughed out loud and went daww reading it. Especially at Tsuyu in the cold.

Could have done with less Mineta, even if I laughed at the jokes.

My Hero Academia: Could have done with less Mineta

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

My prediction: Bakugou joins the "destroyed hand" club, and Todoroki (who happened to accidentally delay Eraserhead by startling him as he was going to the convenience store) starts covertly looking into local exorcists.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I do love how useful he's been in all the teamwork sections. There's a proverb, something like a chopstick on its own is weak but unbreakable when bound together with many. He's like twine holding them together and making them all stronger than they could be on their own. I hope we see more of that in the future, though he is still great as a gag and when paired with Mineta.

Twine... or tape?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Gyges posted:

No, he'd be the world's greatest hero, gently caress You Dad.

Todoroki Shouto, aka Endeavor Will Never Be Number One for All

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

A pun like that was no mean feet.

Thanks to constant exposure to One for All's radiation, Deku's shoe has become almost as powerful as his Shoot Style technique; I guess you could say he's got a pair of pumped-up kicks.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Personally, I like that Mirio screams "POWER" while beating up a bunch of underclassmen.

Twice.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

For all intensive purposes, I'm just taking a quick sneak peak at this thread.

If I have to read another page of this, I'm going to go nucular.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Alternatively, Gentle-Man, hero and decent guy all around, could take up a career as a sniper.

Knee + knee + elbow provides his points of contact, so he can adjust his aim without having to move a single muscle in his body. Since it can go up walls, he could reposition and move from building to building pretty easily too.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

HenryEx posted:

Probably Baron Explodokill, which i'm still kinda partial towards.

I'd go with Tsar Bomba, personally.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

I still want to know what Pony's Quirk is. The name was something like "rocket horn"?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Plus, I feel like it's narratively / thematically more impactful if one of the students is the traitor -- all the teachers are great, but they're not near and dear to our hearts as readers the way the students are*.

* Excluding All Might (who cannot possibly be the traitor), Eraserhead (not likely), and dear, sweet, beautiful Present Mic (how dare you even insinuate it).

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

I expect -- considering Toga's particular fixation -- that her Deku is going to be way better than her Uraraka.

What I'm saying is, I look forward to both Midoriyas doing the "shoot both of us, it's the only way to be sure" heroic shtick.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

And then real Deku proves himself by doing something he never would have done... pre-character development. Thus both drawing a satisfying narrative contrast between the Deku now and the Deku before, and giving Toga a clear weakness of only being able to see her own idealized version of Deku.

Grouchio posted:

Try using your quirk you poser!"

*Toga proceeds to break every bone in her body trying to use OFA*

Or she manages both at once...

"If you're the real Deku, use OFA!"

Toga!Deku: "She can imitate Quirks; I figured it out thanks to [made-up deductive process]. So either of us could show you One for All. But I promised my mother I wouldn't break my bones any more! Too many people are relying on me!"

Deku, arm hanging limply: "Uh-oh."

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

I guess maybe it's that Toga was talking the entire time during her match with Uraraka? No element of surprise, very little concentration -- even worse that she thinks Uraraka and Tsuyu are cute, so she couldn't stop yammering on and trying to call them by pet names and talk about love instead of doing her friggin' job. Here, she had the initiative and Lock/Aizawa are both kind of drab older men, so she just kind of stabs them.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Didn't she materialize into her clothes when the reveal happened after the end of the license exam?

Maybe her blood-draining murder-schoolgirl loadout is designed to shapeshift with her?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Crasical posted:

Being a murderous shapeshifting love-maniac certainly makes her an interesting character, even if she's a creepy nudist psychopathic yandere who makes me kinda uncomfortable.

The particulars of Toga's love-mania -- i.e. "When I love someone, I want to become them" -- and the fact that she appears to be at least somewhat correct about the nature of love (for some cases, at least) make her one of the most disturbing (and most fun) villains to me.

Also, I like her design. She always looks like she's been trying to bite through an unpeeled lemon and only partially succeeding, but is also really jazzed about it.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

(source)

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

A long-belated thought on how Hagakure managed to score so high on Eraserhead's physical assessment: she cheated thoroughly with invisibility (i.e. starting to run before the starting pistol), and as a stealth hero, that's entirely in keeping with her heroic milieu, so Aizawa let it slide.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

I kind of wish Mt. Lady had her own spinoff.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

The Lord of Hats posted:

That's not all. You have to also be able to watch your friend sacrifice his life in front of you, and then still be willing to take his hat because hey, it's a sweet hat, no point letting it go to waste.

I mean... he's not usin' it.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Hate-Senpai posted:

Here's some friendly anime shipping advice, never choose the chlidhood friend.

I've seen too many good colleagues go bankrupt over their decision to stick childhood friends.

In the biz we call it the "Osana-NO-jimi Complex."

Why not "Osana-nahhhh-jimi complex?"

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

It's nice to see Shou Tucker is still getting work.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I doubt the serial killer that wears people's skin that she's killed has her just nicely tied up or beaten up somewhere.

If Toga grabbed Camie solely for the operation -- i.e. business, not pleasure -- she might just be chained to a wall with some blood donation equipment stuck in her arm. Didn't seem like the Camie form lasted all that long.

Knock on wood, I guess?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

She impersonated Camie for at least 3 days. So that means at minimum she took three cups of blood out of her. (The drinking cup not the unit of measurement.)

I meant more that "three days of pretending to be Camie" doesn't necessarily correspond with 72 hours straight in Camie form -- she might've reverted during her sleep, for example.

Of course, the most likely result is that Camie is super dead, but not confirmed quite yet.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

New Illegals! In which we remember that, oh yeah, Kouichi has a life, kind of.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

I get the intent, but the effect was kind of ruined for me. The clown makeup made me think she was some kind of cheetah-woman hybrid, and now I can't not see it.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Man, by that half-transformed comparison shot, either Deku's eyes are enormous or Toga's eyes are tiny.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

...do Toga clones have a separate pool of blood from their originals? If so, Twice could just perpetually copy Toga and send the clones in Deku form.

Also, I'm thinking maybe the Villain Alliance sends in Toga as Deku to grab Eri and scores its first genuine, unqualified victory.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Poor, sweet, not-that-interesting Dabi.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Terper posted:

If anything, the reverse might happen :v:

Honestly, yeah, that standard shounen "bonds between people are the true power" shtick has been almost exclusively the province of the Villain Alliance in MHA (albeit in a somewhat negative "no one will have us but us" way), while the protagonists generally trust more in symbols or institutions than each other.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

I don't know how likely that is -- the relationship between the protagonists and the law has always been pretty deferential, what with Tsuyu's "If we break the law, we're no better than the villains" line. It's a weird attitude for shounen to take, but an interesting one.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Kyte posted:

smh no comments on Mirio being such a best boy. Shameful. :colbert:

Yeah, that was pretty great -- and the "Eri trivializes damage" worry people had got resolved about as well as could be expected.

Good chapter.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

She very clearly doesn't need a pint of blood every time she transforms since we saw her go from Camie to Ura and back in the middle of a fight. I think it's a pint and she just has your form saved

Yeah, I think the mechanics as Toga explained them suggest a cuppa is about 24 hours of nonconsecutive transformed time. Toga doesn't necessarily have to be Camie all that time -- the blood is fuel, it only gets expended while she's transformed, so she just spends time alone and in her regular form to conserve battery life. If she's only doing it at school, a regular school day isn't going to eat through her entire charge.

Alternate answer: Camie's quirk is regeneration and she just keeps getting more blood.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Radish posted:

That Toga face.

*"don't stop me now nightcore version extended 12 hours" playing softly in distance*

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Uraraka rocking that yukata and loving knows it

Kind of a "behold" pose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm honestly not sure if that should have a :nws: tag or not.

Why would it?

I'm missing something.