Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Thinking about it, is there anything that separates Sero from just being a very specific and under-powered version of the creation girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I really like Shigaraki's design and I hope we continue to see him without his facepalm thing occasionally.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Haha was going to post that after seeing the chapter as well.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

invisible girl is absolutely a remote force projection and also a badguy and spy

She's actually a projection from some old guy in his bedroom and that's his quirk. He's using it to live out his secret wish of being an upbeat high school girl.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah sorry I hosed up my google image search.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think the scarf looks more like it's a reference to the Nomus but yeah it would make more sense if it's Stain.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Now I want to see this happen, and see him go on to become the character that so many people wished Deku had become. What I mean is have Bakugou stripped of his awesome quirk, which has been mentioned by a number of people as being an extremely powerful ability. Let him angst about it for a while, but then have him get over it and team up with the one gadget girl from the tournament to make a ton of explosive gear. He goes on to be just as effective a fighter using home made bombs and explosive tech as he was with his quirk.He becomes the Batman-esque character that so many people were looking for.

I was going to say this same idea. That would be neat even if I don't think it's going to happen.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Did that reveal what crazy girl's quirk is yet?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm still ok if either Bakugou loses his powers and continues being a hero through sheer "gently caress you" willpower or doesn't. I'm really hoping he doesn't get a heel turn though, he's much more interesting as a hero that's also an rear end in a top hat and needs to deal with that.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fastball Special x 3.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Hakagura is going to have gloves anyway she should have some shoes as previously suggested since walking on poo poo in a combat environment barefoot is really going to suck as we learned from Die Hard.

It still feels kinda weird she's running around naked in public even though she's invisible though...

I agree Kouda being flesh colored makes him look creepy. Everyone else is pretty neat though, especially fan favorite Pinky.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 15, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

I think her manga costume has boots anyway, though I could be misremembering.

I don't think so didn't she leave footprints in the ice during that first attack?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I hope not. Cop with creepy eyes actually been the villain's mole seems like such an obvious thing it would be really disappointing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

You can't just drop this without a link, I need to know so badly now.

Seriously.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

You are my real hero.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It not like Deku really had a choice in that last fight since if he didn't go nuts he and the kid would both be dead.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hahah what did they think would happen?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SgtSteel91 posted:

So the WSJ translations came out and it seems overt that Bakugou's going to lose his Quark

Part of me thinks that the idea of Deku and Bakugou having their situations reversed where the other has the OP power and the other has nothing was planned from very early on. Not sure how I feel about that but if it is the case I kinda hope that Bakugou becomes the Batman styled quirkless hero that people thought Deku was going to originally be. Him going gently caress YOU I'LL DO THIS ANYWAY seems better than temporarily losing his power and learning a lesson about humility.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 12, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah me too. He looks like some sort of X-files cancer man.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seriously Ms Mountain is really low ranked for her power level.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That's fair but I think that time invested in the job is all that's keeping her from skyrocketing up.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Here's the Korean.

http://www.shencomics.com/archives/1639921

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

A real artist get his dominant hand blow off in a middle ages war reenactment from a cannon misfire then teach himself to use his other hand. :colbert:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mulderman posted:

A real artist uses his/her toes.

Also does it look like Bakugo is on the brink of crying when All might first talks to him?

I figured a combination of relief at being saved and not wanting to admit he needed it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Terper posted:

Also All Might is just as much a hero to Bakugou as he is to Deku.

Yeah but for different reasons. Bakugau brings up the memories he has where All Might never loses a fight and Deku specifically references his debut in which he saved a hundred people from a disaster, not even a villian. I think being saved another time is something he kinda didn't want even if he's totally relieved.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

And therein lies the main rivalry between Deku and Bakugou. They both want to be heroes, but their goals are completely different. It's apparent that they are two different people, but it's more than just personality differences between them (though it originates there).

Bakugou's dream is to be the strongest. If it wasn't for All Might's inspiration, he might've gone down the villain path.

Deku's dream is to save anyone he can, or everyone. No matter what, he wouldn't ever even consider doing something that would hurt someone.

Yeah I think it's really good writing that they can both look at the same guy and idolize him for totally different but legitimate reasons that really encapsulates their individual characters.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He also bullied Deku for years to the point of goading him to commit suicide even if he wasn't 100% serious in that. He's certainly not Endeavor bad but I think he would get there if he doesn't get better tutelage of his lovely personality. At least at Yuuei he's no longer a big fish in a small pond so he doesn't get his behavior excused so much and has to actually deal with people that are his equal.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Who matches with I Cannot Stop Twinking?

Mineta x Yaoyorozu is something I could see happening simply because media in general likes to stick the loser guy with the impossibly attractive woman (who may also find him initially repulsive) consistently.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 20, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Not bad.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How do you know that wasn't intentional???

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Tiger and Mountain Lady are dead I will be quite unhappy with this comic. <:mad:>

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

At that point I don't think it's on UA anymore, it's on the entire concept of heroes as a protecting force.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bakugou and Kirishima's moment was really cool. This comic does a great job of making the secondary characters shine and feel important. I hope that continues.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mr. Fowl posted:

No one wants Dazzler back.

No one.

These guys might.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Dr3SsvqN0

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Here's the link to the Korean scans.

fixed
https://manaa.space/post/uploader/32987

Oxxidation posted:

Kirishima's not bothered by Bakugou's personality. He's too thick-skinned.

boooooo

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 19, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So is All for One saying he wants to be some kind of benevolent dictator for the good of humanity and All Might and his predecessors are the real bad guys for standing in the way of that?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Here's some bad scans and what I assume is the previous One for All user.

http://ntx.wiki/wiki/%EB%82%98%EC%9D%98%20%ED%9E%88%EC%96%B4%EB%A1%9C%20%EC%95%84%EC%B9%B4%EB%8D%B0%EB%AF%B8%EC%95%84/92%ED%99%94

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So good.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm glad All for One isn't the stereotypical "kill my own henchmen as a lazy was to show how evil I am" batman villain but he's still a big rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I believe in All Might.

I liked seeing flashback non-shrunken Gran Torino. I'm guessing he'll be showing up in that All Might spin off along with the last OfA holder.