Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dabi coming to the realization he should have just killed off his family sooner while they are still trying to be nice to him is pretty on brand for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Twice giving some bad advice in this chapter

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bakugo being dead for over a year and not influencing the story in the slightest is still hilarious.

Stain saving the day out of no where is super hype. We finally have the All Might Stain teamup.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Wow something kinda cool happened and then AFO/Shigaraki immediately pulled some bullshit out of their rear end to reset the fight with the heroes being worse off than before. Who could have seen that coming.

This entire arc is just watching a game of Calvinball slowly play out over the course of two years but played straight.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

All Might is still the best

We joked but we really are headed to Deku punching Baby All For One

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The comic is saved

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think Deku getting the super quick was fine. The problem was when he got all these extra powers and the threat of him destroying his body was removed. So instead of even having to pretend he had to use his analytical mind to offset the very real physical penalty of using his top tier ability, he can just go ham all the time and it's a lot more boring. When it is compounded with a similar villain that just no sells every ultimate move thrown at him and in many cases gets stronger from them it makes everything outside of the obvious final battle seem meaningless yet the comic has spent over two years spinning its wheels getting there.

Rhonne posted:

Need an alternate version of the story where All Might tells Deku to start taking lots of steroids.

That paper he showed his mom during his initial training montage wasn't a meal schedule it was a forged prescription.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 18, 2023

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So AFO wasn't the glowing baby but he ate the glowing baby

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The brutal All Might page is awesome.

Also does this chapter imply the theory AFO gave Shigaraki his quirk to be correct? I can't tell if he disintegrated that guy in the same way but the hands thing is a clear parallel.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gonna be real Bakugo seeing AfO's Ultimate Move and going "that's stupid" is pretty good

He's right

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Maybe we are finally going to hit the point where the culmination of everyone's super moves finally mattering but I feel like if that giant crab laser cannon didn't do anything whatever sweat explosions Bakugo has shouldn't matter either.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

No one is gonna judge Bakugo for punting this baby

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

bobjr posted:

All Might stops Bakugo from killing the baby.

So he can finish the job

The All Might face punch panel but it's a baby

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kanos posted:

Still wishing AfO had actually been sincere with his "yeah i'm pretty much donezo but as my last act on stage i've personally raised someone to be my even worse successor and i deliberately hand picked the most painful and agonizing person possible to my rival to be that successor out of cruel spite" bit because that was way cooler and more hosed up than becoming a screaming akira child and blowing everyone up.

Agreed. He lost so much personality when he turned into Calvinballman.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I cackled when baby AFO shot that spike out of his mouth

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That seems like it's kinda the fault of the wish maker to not double check but also wow Vegeta is an unbelievable douche to be smug about it lmao

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dragon Ball societies seem like they really could benefit from better institutional management tbh

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Unfortunately the Gods of the world are a a child, its time clone, a lazy cat, a flamboyant angel and an intern who accidentally got promoted to CEO.

Could probably do a lot worse

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ChronoReverse posted:

That's not really how things add up for power levels in DBZ though. A thousand regular people would not be able to do anything to Piccolo even if he just stood there.

What if they all stood in a line in front of Piccolo and pushed each other at the same time?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The dark Deku stuff is kinda funny seeing as Deku is going so far out of his way to argue with people that he doesn't want to kill this world ending threat. It's like reverse Venom Spiderman.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Joint training arc went on way too long for what was a no stakes battle fest with a lot of characters we had no real history with. Then it was immediately followed by everything being dialed to 11 with the League of Villains killing off a bunch of heroes and destroying society. It probably should have been a small mini arc but one of the biggest faults of MHA for me is it tries to both have a lot of focus on granular details and characters while also zooming though plot beats. So you both have no time to breath but also lots of stuff feels dragged out.

I agree the series probably would have been improved with a much smaller cast even if I like some of the ancillary characters more than the favorites.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

At this point shouldn't Conan be like twice the age he started out as before he got turned into a kid?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Elite posted:

Forever following in the footsteps of All Might.

In that both of them are are an example of how not destroying yourself would have resulted in the collapse of society

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's weird though since that contrasts to AFO who instead of people resonating with his sad backstory of being born to a woman society had ignored and let die so he had to raise himself and his brother from infancy they blasted him with super attacks until he devolved into a fetus and disappeared.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Touche

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I think the biggest mistep the comic made was having AFO come out of retirement.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

FireWorksWell posted:

On one hand I agree, but on the other,

If you read it left to right it's like he stomped the evil baby after gloating about doing it

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 19, 2024

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Didn't Demon Slayer also end with the villain becoming a giant evil baby and then killing itself?

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 4, 2024

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This is all kinda dumb since while it was telegraphed he gave Tenko the decay power, him meddling to that extend is pretty absurd and removes a lot of the agency from the other characters. Of course that is probably the point so later Shigaraki can be another AFO victim and not responsible for his many ridiculous crimes.

However I like Sero a bunch so having the C team of the class get to have a baller moment where they straight up attack the final boss without him seeing it coming because of his evil gloating and save the main character was pretty awesome.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dog Kisser posted:

Honestly I would have been fine with this completely if AFO hadn't ALSO been out of jail and walking around and fighting for ninety chapters. Like imagine he'd died in prison or in the earlier All Might fight while laughing that it was part of his plan or something, and only now was this revealed. Frankly it makes sense, and even ties in overhaul's arc.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by AFO doing yet another rear end pull and coming back after being beaten for what must be the 10th time but it's severely disappointing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Lemillion standing up to Overdrive without powers is the best moment in the manga

That one was very good. My favorite was the combination of the school concert and Gentle fight.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Punished Mineta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I feel like this HAS to be the time he gets hit and stays down right??? I am already prepared to be wrong.