Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Daisy's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Polo-Rican posted:

I'd have literally twice as much fun with smash 4 if they'd included a mode where you pick a different character for each stock.

Play Project....

Polo-Rican posted:

Unfortunately it will never ever happen until we get a new project m...

Oh. Carry on.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Turtlicious posted:

How are you guys playing Project M, and are you playing it on your PC?

If you have Brawl and a Wii I think you only need to download the launcher onto an SD card. On PC you need an emulator like Dolphin.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Frozen Mode doesn't change all the music to Let it Go?

amateur hour

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

mabels big day posted:

here is the villager that we were talking about a page or two ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeGWgpPFjFk

He's my hero.

Amazing

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Erm I think you'll find Roy sets his sword on fire (possibly with magic?) which is supremely bad rear end

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

My apologies, I thought this was the Smash Bros thread but I see now it is the Fire Emblem 7 thread

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Countblanc posted:

Only in the context of Smash bros is Marth, Ivysaur, Shulk, Dr. Mario, Ness, Lucas, and Megaman (:letroleface:) considered popular

Even in the context of Smash bros, Dr Mario isn't popular.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I bet if you asked 100 random people who their favourite smash bro was not one of them would say Dr Mario.

More people would say Pichu than Dr Mario.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

mabels big day posted:

I'd bet against that actually.

I said it as a joke but now I want to test out this theory, and I can't figure out how.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

It's kind of a weird question as well since like you say there are plenty of reasons for someone being your favourite. I think asking a facebook group might skew the results more towards the competitive end of the spectrum, where it seems to me (and I know this is a broad generalisation) that they'd interpret is as who is their favourite to play, which (and again this is a generalisation) will tend towards the stronger characters. Like for example if you asked chudat who his favourite melee character is, would he say Ice Climbers or Kirby?

Would he follow his head or his heart?

And which do I want to measure?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

How interesting that neither of you said Dr Mario was the best game. Indicative of a wider trend?

Also it's OoT, don't delude yourselves.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Spongebob and Goku are frankly more likely inclusions than Wolf.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I heard Snake wasn't in Smash 4 because he was on a deep-cover mission, inside Woody's boot.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

After some careful soul-searching and deliberation, I am voting for my favourite smash character as Ness.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Why would they vote for Lucas when he's already announced DLC? That's almost as bad as voting for Wolf, who obviously will never be in Smash 4.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

It's a common misconception that Mewtwo's telepathy is interpreted as "talking" instead of the pure mind-to-mind thought sharing that it is.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Macaluso posted:

we'd have that Mewtwo armor but alas

Play Project M

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The veterans are no one's favourite, otherwise they'd already be in.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

If anyone actually played as eg Ice Climbers then they would be in Smash 4. QED.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

You can find opponents in the IRC.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

sharrrk posted:

banjo-kazooie don't deserve to be in smash

I will end you

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Cave Story man would actually be a great addition (after banjo kazooie)

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Kazuo Hirai buzzes his secretary "No calls for the next hour, please". He pulls out the key he wears on the chain around his neck, and unlocks his top drawer. He pulls out a Little Big Planet plush and...what's this? A Mario amiibo? He lays them next to each other in the centre of his wide, empty desk, and a smile begins to tug at the corner of his mouth.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

net cafe scandal posted:

I had a crisis of conscience, and voted for Impa, the amazing ally of Zelda (Ridley will be Project M).

Hmm, I expect you to return the many steam games I have already deposited in your bank accounts, or at least refund me what I spent, the sum of ten thousand dollars

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

FactsAreUseless posted:

Probably because it fucks with animation and hitboxes.

Imagine if he had one with a top hat and monocle, or a mexican costume with a sombrero and racist moustache!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Some dreams will never die

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

"What's the matter, scared?" - Wolf to his children, as he tells them that he has to leave them forever to be in Smash 4.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Fhate posted:

Missiles and bombs kill children all the time, and the game has no shortage of those.

I think it's much less likely that a child gets a hold of a missile launcher or bomb and decides to play smash with their friends than pistols like Bayonetta has.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Reiley posted:

who is everyone's favorite character in smash brother (old or new)

Banjo Kazooie

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Reiley posted:

The only "trolls" in the Smash thread should be Wario and his husband, Waluigi.

You appear to be misinformed - Banjo is a bear, not a troll.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Banjo Kazooie's down b will be the egg fart, which will lead to many hilarious edgeguarding situations.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiSH-s0_2Mg

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Hmm okay yeah that's way different than how I was playing him. I was trying to keep the Axe up and going more brawly. I definitely felt like I was at a disadvantage when doing that though since none of his moves feel super quick.

So I should be trying to keep distance and whittle people down at range? What's the typical finisher? Gyroid when they are at 100+%?

Down smash to up smash seems pretty effective or chasing off the side with slingshots.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

sharrrk posted:

there are too many mii fighters in the game already. we do not need more

The dlc fighters will be Mii Runner, Mii Floater and Mii Planter

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Wolf is returning to smash 4, as a Mii costume

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Reiley posted:

Don't say these things

I'm going to use the Wolf hat for my robb stark Mii

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Would K Rool draw from his appearance in DK64? I, for one, say yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

mabels big day posted:

There are plenty of things to pull moves from for K. Rool. I'm sure much of his moveset will be inspired by his boxing persona in '64.

I was more thinking about his Smash Persona but sure I guess he could get moves from there too.

• Locked thread