Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aside from playing the 3DS demo a few times I've played absolutely nothing of new Smash Bros. Can't wait to train an amiibo to be better than I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't want an adapter because I don't like the gamecube controller better than the other control schemes. :)

E: I played brawl exclusively with Wiimote-Nunchuck and it was good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OKay I got this FINALLY me and my friend Link are ready to Smash. NNID: RegyRusty

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've played for one hour and I've already unlocked Falco, Wario, and Duck Hunt. :toot:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So is Palutena's move set so terrible that they took pity on us and unlocked all her custom moves right from the beginning? I haven't fooled around with all of them but they seem way better than her defaults.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

Palutena's the only non-Mii fighter whose custom moves are completely different from the originals, so they're all available right off the bat to help push that concept.

Ahh that explains it. I haven't unlocked too many others so I wasn't sure how much variation there is. That's cool! I'm never going to use any of Palutena's default moves again! :toot:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

How does Wario unlock? I checked two unlock guides that both said clearing 100 man melee unlocks Wario. I did 100 man melee, it unlocked Dark Pit, and I am not happy.

You must have done that just after 40 VS matches or something? 100 Man Melee is the unlock for Wario.

E: Wait Wario is 20 matches, what the gently caress did you do

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

I have been, dude. I don't know why Wario hasn't made his appearance yet. I've played oodles of classic, event, 100 man smash, and just regular Smash matches against lvl 9 comps.

Say... Can you describe 100-man smash for me? What's a typical round like?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

100-man Smash description.

Shhh I didn't ask you!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

It involves lots of down special with donkey kong. And then pretending any other character is as well suited to win the event.

Well that sounds about right. Wario just hates you.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The online is so good in this! I was able to play all afternoon with my brother in another time zone. And every now and then a random goon I added at some point would pop in for a few matches. It was really great and aside from one guy with an utterly abysmal connection, we had no lag problems. Astoundingly different from trying to play Brawl's awful online back in the day.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Got this, liking it better than the 3DS version. My NNID is Oxxi I think, add if you like.

It's actually Oxxidation that people need to put in to find you, Oxxi is just the nickname.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I spent today doing all the event stages I could (up to the point where I couldn't progress because I'm still missing a few characters) and I think for the most part the event stages themselves are pretty good. Most of them are quite fun with enjoyable gimmicks. I like the ones like Jigglypuff putting the naughty kids to sleep.

I guess what's really obnoxious about them is that some of the reward requirements are ridiculous. I've given up on anything that requires me to completely avoid damage and a lot of the ones with short time requirements are almost as infuriating. That's the element I wish they'd been a bit more creative with.

And then of course there's Kirby's Crazy Appetite. gently caress that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So people keep saying to use equipment to make things much easier. Which stats in particular are the best for besting the really hard stuff? I'm guessing power, followed by defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Where is that video someone posted of ganondorf doing the Target Blast challenges? I don't like target blast.

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W32Rw3f3lcs

• Locked thread