Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

codenameFANGIO posted:

yes but loving why

More options, less bros left out.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I wish Smash Run fighting matches lasted longer than a minute. Otherwise I found the mode fun.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I went into the local TRU to buy two games for that 40% off deal, but I realized I own most of what I wanted, so I ended up buying the Marth, Link, and Yoshi amiibos. There were only three Marths left when I was there, but apparently they had plenty of Villagers and Wii Fit Trainers. Depending on my self-control I may buy more because I'm dumb.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Who do you guys think will be added as DLC characters after Mewtwo hits the eShop?

Dr. Luigi

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

ClassicFascist posted:

Thanks!

Is there any benefit from taunting other than it's funny?

WA! WA! WA!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Trusted video games news source Video Games Plus whom I have never heard of ever

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Dear Sakurai,

Please patch this song into the non-Japanese versions of the game so we can have it also, thanks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkQy6yGfWlo

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

The only thing that bothers me about the 3DS stages is that many of them feel like they belonged on the Wii U based on that whole "portable/console" split thing they mentioned between the two versions. F-Zero, Magicant, and Balloon Fight in particular, though I guess Gerudo Valley as well if you don't count portable ports of games. They probably could've put Hanenbow on the 3DS version as a familiar stage. I guess it's more difficult to think up of stages based on portable games for some of the franchises represented, though.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Neither version has Poke Floats though, a missed opportunity to have the best stage back.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Roy's our boy.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I managed to clear 9.0 with a custom Ike that had lifesteal, quick smashes, and high defense. Took about five attempts to finally get it. That being said, I have no idea how I'm supposed to do the same with Marth.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Dr. Mario is cool.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Lmao you think the pro smash 4 players are doing it for fun

I mean there's that but also a big bag of money

It explains why people played Street Fighter X Tekken at least.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Didn't the company that owned Bomberman go belly-up?

Yep. Hudson was bought by Konami, and then it kept running for a while until Konami decided to kill it off, along with all of Hudson's IPs. The last thing Bomberman showed up in was Tetris Axis for the 3DS I believe.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior and Street Fighter II Turbo are two of the best-selling games on the SNES not made by Nintendo so at least it makes sense in that regard. Kind of like how Heihachi being in PlayStation All-Stars was the only third-party representative that made any sense in that game because Tekken was the first million-seller on the PS1.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Once Ryu gets into Smash they should get Terry Bogard.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Mappy is a fun game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I am glad Ryu is in Smash. Street Fighter II is the best-selling third-party game on any Nintendo platform. 90s kids

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Man, gently caress leaks, what's the point of the direct anymore now.

They're gonna announce even more surprise DLC characters coming soon, that will also be spoiled by datamining patch data.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I would accept an Ice Climber as just Popo/Nana with an adjusted moveset. The question is, would the world accept them?

Also, Bubbles for Smash.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Simon Belmont would be cool for Smash.
Also like a Chocobo maybe.
Also Shantae.
And Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden because his name is Ryu and we can have two of those like we have two Roys.
And Terry Bogard.
And Chris Benoit.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Get Umaro from Final Fantasy VI in the game. Give him a unique playstyle based on how he works in his game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Commander Video got to be a trophy in Smash. I believe in indies.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I hope they give us the option to rearrange the character select screen in both versions of the game because it's kind of a mess at the moment.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Adding new characters is easy, just search for them in Google, download, and soon enough you have Ronald McDonald and Rare Akuma in Smash.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

nerdbot posted:

I'm Team Cranky Kong

I hope Cranky Kong gets in.

As a clone for Scrooge McDuck that is.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sticker Star and Partners in Time are miserable trash that don't even deserve to get compared, Super Mario RPG is great

Sticker Star is about as much of an RPG as a Sam & Max game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I thought it would've been cool if Miis had their attacks based on the random Wii games like Wii Sports and Wii Party and stuff, but I guess we already have Villager for "non-combat actions as attacks"

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Cuckoo posted:

I do wish the Miis got a facelift from the Wii to Wii U transition though, if they were going to be featured in so much stuff. They look like dolls compared to the 360 avatars

I found Xbox Avatar's Final Smash.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

notoriousman posted:

The low, low price of free!*

*(someone paid $100)

I paid the $100 for the free Mewtwo and threw away the games because I got what I really wanted.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

F-Zero needs more representation.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

TechnoSyndrome posted:

A character who can't jump would be pretty terrible in Smash Bros

I dunno, Little Mac seems popular enough.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Mike Jones from StarTropics isn't on the poll. Must be a poll made for babies.

Urban Champion isn't on there either, what the hell

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

This rules, Dr. Mario rules.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like Kirby because he says "hi" to you the player because he is your friend

Same

• Locked thread