Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

NNID: mattcruea

I will SMASH YOU and also LOSE TO YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

noirstronaut posted:

Why does Yoshi wear shoes

how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
how do we make love stay?

questions not even smash can answer

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So psyched to play this tonight. Being a teacher and getting the entire next week off is the best

Any word yet on any unlockable stage builder pieces?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jivjov posted:

So what has everyone been nicknaming their amiibo? I've got Killager, Keeby (yellow Kirby), Durk (dark Link), and Fitoo.

AbeLinkoln, President of Hyrule

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Calaveron posted:

What in god's name am I supposed to do in the Wrecking Mario event? It's not killing the Warios, and I spent two minutes blowing up bombs to no avail.

You have to destroy all the floors. Beating it on Hard mode took me about two minutes. Do not pursue Wario.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yoshifan823 posted:

Have you guys looked at a list of some of the challenges in this game? Holy gently caress that entire top row looks impossible.

2. Play as Lucina and score 8 or more KOs alone in Cruel Smash: Vampire Brawn Badge equipment
11. Clear All-Star on Hard with all characters: Saki Amamiya trophy
14. Score 450,000 in a single game of Target Blast Stage 3: Magolor trophy
19. Score 85 or more in a single Rival Smash: Waluigi trophy
22. Clear True All-Star in 6 minutes with Jigglypuff: Koffing trophy

Jesus gently caress Nintendo we have lives.

I'd hammer the first two if possible and the rest aren't that bad.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm having just as much trouble beating the event "The Final FINAL Battle" on hard. :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cake Attack posted:

i did Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard

Same. I got rewards for every event now. That one and final final battle were last. It was just a matter of memorizing food spawns.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I did the Lucina cruel smash kills just the way Gamexplain showed. It took me about five minutes but it was pretty simple. Just jump into that corner constantly - no waiting on the edge, because they WILL attack you. Took me maybe five or six tries.

Classic on 9.0 without losing a life? All-Star Hard with every character? gently caress this planet

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

DrPaper posted:

Man it's cool the stage builder lets you draw custom shapes and all but I wish I had more stuff than barrels to put out.

I really miss donut blocks. I also wish you could draw actual paths for the moving platforms instead of just straight lines.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Do you need permission to join someone's game? I am stuck at " waiting for a response from the host"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Done with all events, co op or otherwise, with all rewards. Only all-star challenge left is Duck Hunt on hard. Then it's Classic on 9.0... ugh...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CatsPajamas posted:

Please enlighten me! Some cool people have already posted good advice in the thread so I know you can copy HRH King Dedede's inhale to make the food heal more, but I can't seem to get the inhale to actually work on food unless I'm basically on top of it.

Also is there a good loop around the stage to follow or is it just running from closest chest to closest chest?

I beat it without using inhale. The bottom left will often have two chests spawn. You kinda have to get lucky, though. It's much easier when presents spawn.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Was playing Team For Fun earlier with a friend and we ran into this guy who would always use a twin team (two Samuses, two Bowsers, etc) but seemed to be just one dude switching between controllers when necessary. He was really quick and was definitely switching, since Samus A would stop moving as soon as Samus B (who hadn't been moving) needed to come back to the stage. We eventually just started doing weird gimmicks, like trying to Bowserbomb only.

And then he had a friend show up and we just kept doing gimmicks. Twin Jigglypuffs doing nothing but rest and sleep is the best loving team, or a double-Wario biker gang. The best, though, might have been our twin Falcos matched against their twin Duck Hunt. At this point they figured out we were loving around so they stood on one side of the Garden of Hope and launched cans - but our gimmick was reflectors only, so we just kept reflecting them back.

I think the moral of the story is For Fun is the only mode so do whatever you want or don't or die who cares? Smash bros.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This poo poo sucks

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

LLJKSiLk posted:

You know, back in my day people had more respect for their elders. My mother always told me, that if you don't have something nice to say - don't say something at all.

Shut up

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

FireWorksWell posted:

How does Dr. Mario fare in For Wii U? When I was playing the 3DS variant, I noticed he played a lot more fluidly and when I get the Wii U version I plan on making him my main if he isn't nerfed too much.

imo next to Meta Knight the absolute worst character in the game :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't dislike any characters. I literally do nothing but play For Fun with random select.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sire Oblivion posted:

The emblem doesn't matter so much as the little hammer on the lower right corner of the banner, as long as you select Orders with the tiny hammer icon you'll ALWAYS get some sort of custom move, badge or outfit. Though, since the drop rates are so loving skewed you'll still be poopsocking it.

What? The hammer in the bottom right corner in crazy orders means there's items on in the match.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Waverhouse posted:

I imagine most casual players also have the correct opinion that overly involved/active stages are more distracting and confusing than fun.

lmao no actually those stages are cool and fun as well

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Street Fighter's storyline is one of honor and friendship and I would personally rank it higher than The Great Gatsby

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Why is Luigi so high?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

FactsAreUseless posted:

Who do you main in the new Smash Bros.?

random button

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

6wx owns

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

YEAH

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kuai posted:

http://imgur.com/a/TWJ93

I ain't gonna lie these are pretty good fakes.

I don't really get why the last picture is there?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dizz posted:

Does the game play well with anything but the gamecube controller? Also where can I still buy the bundle? Gamestop was sold out in 3 places.

Yes! Wii U Pro Controller is better, imo, but I think I'm in the minority. Regular Classic Controller and even the Gamepad work pretty well, too.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So it's been a few months. Any consensus on a good way to cheese Classic 9.0 with no deaths? Defensedorf just doesn't seem to work as well on the Wii U as it did on the 3DS.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

zolthorg posted:

I eventually beat this on 3ds with attack focused bowser. Defense is not always the way to go.

I beat it on 3DS no problem. WiiU version is so much harder. I'm tired of being frustrated with Smash Bros but I can't let these challenges go unbeaten.: (

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

9.0 classic with one death. Honestly the hardest part is Master/Crazy, not even lying. The rest have patterns. Master/Crazy can be quick and random when they want to be. I can do this.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I did it but died once to the damned hands. The platforms attack followed immediately by the wind/ice attack is tough to get by.

I was using Ike with home run bat, quick batter, and auto heal. You lose the bat for the hand battle so it's mostly to take out all the matches leading up to it. I'm thinking about setting up a bat Dedede since I don't think there's anyone who makes the Master stuff easier.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Instead of fixing defensive game just change how tournaments are played to accommodate it: one stock, three minute timer. You're forced to act quickly. All draws result in a double-elimination.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Also Project M is not as good.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TheKingofSprings posted:

Are we talking bells and whistles or mechanically

E: because one has the advantage of 7 extra years and the other isn't even close to true

Both. I'm not a pro player or anything but having played hours and hours of both version I think Smash 4 is just altogether a more fun game to play.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do you play much online

Yeah! Just not For Glory.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

notoriousman posted:

Do your part and vote for SOPHIA THE 3RD.

Tank from Blaster Master?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Did no one consider that Mewtwo might have special moves that need to be unlocked like everyone else?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Be my friend on Wii U. Then you can find my stages/Mii Fighters. They are good!!!

id: mattcruea

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Vanrushal posted:

Have there been changes to the way the AI behaves in Cruel Smash since the game came out? I'm just getting into doing anything really with the WiiU version after getting burnt out on 4 3DS, and all the videos for Cruel Smash are from 2014 and back-throwing Miis off the stage isn't doing poo poo. How do you Cruel Smash with the current version?

Also where's the option to replace Smash Tour with Smash Run because Tour loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Right side of stage. Lucina up+b.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Smash 4 is the only Smash that matters

• Locked thread