Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!
NNID: lonlonrabbit

I would like to smash all up against you with my dog and my duck and my villager and my bowser junior and my rob and my game and watch and my ero suit samus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Holy crap this game is prettyyyyyy someone get online and smash me.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Pro tip, select your drat name from the menu or play with a completely bonkers control scheme.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Any quick way to unlock rob?

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Sorry whichever random goons I was just playing with, didn't realise I was host so didn't mean to drop the game when I left!

Fun games.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Just heading home from Yodobashi Camera, it's launch day here in Japan and the store is pretty busy selling a billion amiibos.

I got a link and Zelda, but there seems to be quite a few people just buying amiibos and no game. I'm sure some are downloading it but it looks like these things are popular on their own.

They have tonnes of stock of the game, download code, every amiibo and white and black smash GCN controllers but are out of stock of GCN adapters until the 19th.

Edit: also didn't see anyone buying just one amiibo, everyone had 2-5.

Didn't spot anyone getting the whole set.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
I made an Ike rage quit similarly on 3DS:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hI8557RTXPg

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006

Cicadas! posted:

To be fair I would have ragequit too, because that was some bullshit. Great reversal of fortune, though.
Unrelated, but I noticed how you recovered twice from red spark launch right next to the edge, was this recorded before they gutted vectoring?

Yup just before the patch.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

I asked the other night, but it got lost. Does beating Classic mode in Co-Op count toward the "Beat Classic on 7.0 with all characters" challenge? It would, obviously, cut the tedium in half if I could do that.

Also, god drat IT does 9.0 suck dick. I beat it several times with Bowser, but never without losing a single life. It's maddening. I beat Boss Rush on Intense in Brawl, so I'm used to getting bullshitted by Smash, but...:sigh: Maybe I'm not the gamer I once was. :negative:

As others said, yes, but be VERY careful with this.

The co op character select screen only shows your highest scoring pair, so keep very careful track of who you have and haven't cleared 7.0 with or you'll be stuck not knowing who still needs to clear the thing which essentially means you have to do it all over again until the trophy pops. Happened to me but luckily I only had to clear it with about 5 people again before finding the error.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006

LemonAIDS posted:

wouldn't it say who you beat it with in the records?

Nope, 3ds records did but wiiu does not.

Checking trophies lets you see who you've cleared with but doesn't tell you the difficulty you did it at, so you can get screwed if you did some lower runs earlier.

You can also be screwed by checking the solo classic character select screen if for example you made an attempted run at 7.0+, but quit after game overing, as it will list your score up to that point anyway.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006

Gentleman Baller posted:

I did a dumb and didn't sign into Club Nintendo before I bought my Smash 3ds. The internet is filled with people saying that customer support linked the purchases to their account painlessly, but the guy I just talked to from CS Nintendo Australia didn't think it was possible with their tools. Am I screwed? If I call Nintendo of Europe/America, would they be able to do it for me?

I dunno about Nintendo of Australia, but when I tried it for Nintendo of America, the first guy told me it was not possible, then I called again and the second guy said it was not possible, then I gave him links to people talking about doing it online, and he went and "checked some support documents" and when he came back was able to do it for me.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

This sucks. I've beaten Classic with every character. I got the Milestone, and I obviously have every trophy, but I haven't unlocked the "Clear Classic at intensity 7.0 or higher with all characters" Challenge and I'm not sure how I'll be able to tell which characters I still need to complete the challenge. The problem is that I did a bunch of Classic in Co-Op mode with my friend, and the select screen doesn't keep track of who beat it in that mode.

Can anyone think of a way for me to figure this out short of going in and replaying Classic with all the characters again?

I had this exact same problem.

Basically you are screwed.

First, try all the characters which had their own challenges you might have attempted on lower difficulties (clear classic quickly with olimar etc).

Second, go into the trophy gallery, sort by order obtained, and find all the character trophies you got playing in blocks with your friend. Rule them out (if you are certain you had no failed runs), and find the character trophies from earlier solo play sessions and try them.

Third, you can't trust the solo character select screen either. If you are assuming someone is done because it says 7.0 next to their name, are you sure that was not a failed run at 7.0 that you quit halfway through? Look for scores that are suspiciously lower than scores of characters you definitely finished 7.0 with (although the scores won't be that different if you quit near the end).

I got super lucky and the challenge popped on my 5th character rerun. It was someone I was sure I had done in co op but must have skipped on account of already having the trophy from an earlier low difficulty run.

Good luck, it's a terrible position to be in.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

Thanks for the advice! It actually popped on my second character. It was Wario. I had done his challenge of 5.5 with no customs at exactly 5.5 and then did another small challenge with him at a low difficulty but forgot.

You're very lucky!

I also only need a few challenges but pretty different ones.

I am putting off the all star on hard one cos even though I've been keeping a list I'm dreading a similar thing happening.

Lon Lon Rabbit fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 20, 2015

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Finally, tangible proof that He is My Friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Twitch is a pretty cool thing.

I still have a melee tournament DVD I bought online and waited to ship to me in snail mail so I could watch a tourney with big names back in the day.

• Locked thread