Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

DrSunshine posted:

Latest chapter
:vince:

Fuckin' hell. So now it makes sense how Muster's story ties in!! Geez. Alita's origin is finally revealed! Holy hell, why didn't I see that coming?
what the poo poo so she's a baby that was uh... born? from the maske tumor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
the eyes are bad, y’all

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
did they just not show this to any test audiences at all?

make the lips big, you idiots

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Dog Kisser posted:

The eyes look really, really bad.
so loving bad.

this movie is going to be just awful. studios don’t move a film from a christmas release to a mid-february graveyard-shift release unless they know it’s a stinker. the only movie that has bucked this trend of action movies released on Valentine’s Day was Deadpool, and this movie isn’t Deadpool.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
this whole movie looks like a mistake and everybody involved in it knows. if it was good, they wouldn’t have ever moved it to Valentine’s Day, where had action moves go to die

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tormented posted:

Yeah, movies like Dead Pool and Black Panther! Those horrible flops!
yeah this is gonna be a lot like either of those movies. R-rated dick jokes and ultra-violence or marvel blockbuster representation blowout with a $100,000,000 advertising budget.

id love to be wrong, but the trailer, the weird eye poo poo, the move to February, and the merger advertising push makes me think otherwise

black panther was mediocre and killmonger should have won

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tormented posted:

OMG BIG EYES!
they’re so bad, though

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tormented posted:

After about 10 mins into the movie you really stop noticing them.
i will not

you cannot make me

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tormented posted:

He was at the red carpet reveal the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkonAM-A7NM
i love how snooty interpreters get about the word "translation"

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Relin posted:

you say that, but remember james cameron's avatar film, and its planned 4 sequels? the movie that made a zillion dollars? it's ok if you don't, no one does because it made no lasting cultural impact
i still can’t believe we all paid to see that

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

teagone posted:

meme =/= zeitgeist
i remember more ID4 lines from Randy Quaid alone than from all of avatar. it was created in a lab to make money internationally while being totally inoffensive and immediately forgettable.

poo poo, i remember more lines from “Data-choked-by-an-alien” than all of avatar

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Toshimo posted:

Looking forward to the sequel:

Certified Fresh

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
turns out i got over the weird eyes faster than the bad exposition and clunky dialogue

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
I'll see your ADV, and raise you a Central Park Media

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

DrSunshine posted:

Oh thank god Battle Angel is finally back. I've been missing my doses of Martian insanity, and have completely lost track of the plot. Time to reread it!
i'm gonna have to end up rereading all of last order too, because i deffo lost the plot re: Erika and Gelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bilirubin posted:

Am I the last one reading this? I can stop posting updates if its an issue.
Battle Angel Alita: Last Reader