Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Anonymous really perfectly sums up the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Courthouse posted:

You don't get much more reasonable than worrying about the police ruining the grass while shooting blacks

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm just happy the Warthog lives another day, my inner child rejoices.

iyaayas01 posted:

lol knew what the link was to before I clicked on it.

We'd just hit them with a couple Preds today though

What's up with the music, is that scene meant to be depressing?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

It's supposed to be chilling, in the sense that Ryan is a high level analyst, and now he's being exposed to the results of his analysis (he's actually seeing people die because of a call that he made). This is somewhat weakened when you realize that he was involved in a shootout with IRA terrorists at the beginning of the movie (where he kills one, with a gun he picks up from a dead cop) and also he's an ex-marine (though he saw no combat).

Scene would go better with "America, gently caress YEAH" over the top, much like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGyt3ZDv2Y

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

BBC America knows what's up. Patriot Games was on last night.

Adjust volume on either video as necessary.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...Name=snoopsagan

Pretty good. Have to start the patriot games one at about 1:15 or so to really make it fit.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

OJ was innocent

only thing a Buffalo Bills player can be guilty of is losing forever
I hate to be the guy to bring up the whole race riots thing but the Tea Party posted about how the guy in Ferguson is clearly innocent and was clearly defending himself so working from my normal principle of 'the Tea Party are completely wrong' I can only assume that he did in fact murder a poor innocent black kid, or should I adopt the 'right twice a day' rule?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

The "Tea Party" position is that Mike Brown deserved to die and nothing is wrong with the way the system works so just go home and don't be mad about it. Even if I grant them Mike Brown, the system is still hosed up and needs to be changed.

So the argument that the "Tea Party" is making is an argument for the status quo, and since the status quo is hosed the Tea Party is still wrong about the broader question.

tl;dr: This is the Internet, so I'll let a lunatic yelling on the street make my argument for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABGiqizwCso

Ah, so they are still wrong about everything. That's a relief.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bolow posted:

I feel like not assaulting a police officer is a good start for not getting shot

I've seen the documentary End of Watch about 5 times and it seems to me like he just forgot to ask the cop to take his badge off.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

despite what the warrior brigade, social division tries to tell everyone if you are in a position to get shot by the police you have hosed up really, really, really bad several times in a row

haha but those guys own, their stories are all some variation of 'a cop pulled me up for doing something illegal and gave me a ticket/arrested me gently caress THE POLICE'

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

here's my cop story
i did something really loving dumb one night
they picked me up for it
i admitted i was being a complete retard
they charged me
i paid my fine
i'm happy they picked me up rather than leaving me doing something potentially dangerous
i also have several friends on the police force

so, uh

yay cops?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

50 Foot Ant posted:

Increase police funding for training and hiring. Raise hiring standards (bust the PD's that don't want 'intelligent recruit' because they might think), increase the number of officers so no officer is patrolling alone, add funding for lapel cameras, add funding for more training and additional cops so that there isn't holes in the duty roster while other police officers are training...

Oh, wait, that means raising taxes and might actually work!

DISMANTLE THE POLICE FORCE! ANARCHY IS THE NATURAL STATE!

I really need to stop looking at the Tea Party's facebook but a while ago they were unironically calling for the abolishment of the IRS. I don't even know what to say at that point.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

gently caress that just carpet bomb any major cities the goatfuckers control with some of these bad boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmRASCHJe2Q

Good loving god.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i think this counts as a current event? either way the article name is hilarious
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...tz-8484019.html

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

How many good female artists can you name that haven't had success in "the art market?"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Sounds like you missed your chance.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm sure they were bad people.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

joat mon posted:

SR-71, too.

The SR71 also used its fuel for hydraulic fluid. I read a great book by a former pilot who talked about how when the plane got low on fuel it would get bizarre issues caused by the hydraulic fluid being too hot. Amazing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Cole posted:

I'm wicked stoned so maybe that's why I just think its ok to give a little torture here and there to the same fucks who will make a 12 year old girl walk into a wedding with enough explosives strapped to her to put a loving crater in the earth big enough to crash land all the f-35s we have.

being better than them, etc etc, democracy freedom, show them how civilised we are

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

huh i wonder what the tea party has to say about this
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/12/09/democrat-report-puts-americans-at-risk-for-terrorist-attacks/
lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I wish John McCain were like this more often rather than the bitter husk he has become:
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/we-need-not-risk-our-national-honor-prevail-or-any-war

this was really loving good, thanks

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ActusRhesus posted:

Pretty much. They seem to be having a very hard time understanding that I can be at the same time in favor of long prison terms for first degree murder, AND opposed to prison shower rape.

when they aren't just flat out accusing you of whatever they want

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Stop being so loving disingenuous. I clearly said "non-violent drug offenders", not "simple possession cases".

Dance around it all you want, but you were explicitly arguing for imprisoning non-violent drug offenders earlier in the thread.

in reference to this

ActusRhesus posted:

now where exactly did I say I supported no knock raids, and where exactly did I say I supported jail time for simple posession? Because I'm pretty sure I said the opposite of that.

i have to stop myself every time a cruise ship thread comes up because i keep getting annoyed at people making up poo poo about them, for example that they discharge untreated sewage in port and use a cheap desalinator therefore you're drinking sewage
but knowing how they actually work (not like i've actually worked on a cruise ship sewage plant and freshwater generator) makes me a shill, apparently

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Actually, it was in reference to this:

I don't see how to read that quote as anything but arguing for prosecuting people for drug crimes. And she did it over and over, responding to arguments about drug prosecutions with comments about possession cases.

i'll say it explicitly then

i absolutely support prosecuting even low level drug dealers

not so much for possession

make of that whatever the gently caress you want

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

The problem is that you were saying "Why do you want to send people to jail for non-violent drug offenses?" when you meant that you think every single non-violent drug offense is immoral to prosecute irrespective of drug, quantity, or intent to distribute. But the way you phrased it sounded like you're asking why she wants to send every single non-violent drug offender to jail... Which isn't the case, as she's reasonably explained a dozen times now.

You were asking about drug offenses as if they were a homogeneous category of crimes, but Actus Rhesus (and most other normal people) see possessing a joint as different from large scale heroin manufacture.

You are bad at communicating.

yeah but if this he took this into account his point would be pretty much null and void

i also support legalisation because all having them be illegal do is pushing money into the hands of the gangs

see why new zealand has major gang presences, because basically everyone smokes pot which they can't buy legally

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

did you miss the part where i'm from new oh gently caress it i'm not doing this here
this is the wrong place dude i don't know why you came in here after i quoted you but i really can't be bothered arguing this with you

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

he'll shift the goalposts on you, he keeps saying 'petty criminals' and 'non violent drug offenders' to confuse the issue, he's actually talking about dealers not users

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

TCC has done a lot to make me reconsider my stance on drug use. I used to think life ruining addiction was a hard but long road, but it turns out that plenty of people go from "I want to try heroin/legal Russian research chemical out and I'm going to make sure it doesn't control me" to "I'm homeless and estranged from anyone who ever loved me" within a couple months flat

who was that guy who was taking something, might have been bath salts? and went completely mental found himself homeless and his fiance's father flat out said never to contact her ever again
that was pretty lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That was the legal Russian research chemical I was referring to. Never mind a couple months, it only took that guy a few days

hahahaha i just read about the dude who baked himself in his car

sad because he's dead but gently caress i can't stop laughing

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

has he shot anyone else in the face yet

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

not sure if this belongs here or in the drunk thread
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/64046095/My-4-year-old-got-drunk-at-preschool-Mum

somehow a 4 year old at preschool got wasted to the point of being 4 times the legal driving limit

kid owns

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Someone shot some people in a Portland high school, four injured, but Portland is full of weirdos so gently caress 'em

oregon or maine

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Oregon.

My family lived near Portland Maine for about 6 or 7 years. It's a nice New England town with a few office buildings, Nicer than Bangor, not as pretty as Augusta, but if it weren't for the weather it's where I'd want to live

yeah i've visited in portland maine. i thought it was a really nice town full of great views and nice people. actually maine in general is loving awesome and felt a lot like nz in terms of how spread out the population is combined with goddamned awesome nature everywhere

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

It's like somebody who never even saw the movie turned it into a cartoon.

Who am I kidding, that's exactly what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3oZP2tEbH4
that GRROROOOARRRRRRORRRRRRRR gives me a massive chubby

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 14, 2014

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Maybe we'll get lucky and Steve Irwin will rise from the grave to hurl himself at them while yelling 'crikey! this is so bloody dangerous!'

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I wonder if the CIA ever considered using jellyfish as a torture method. Not the deadly kind, just the kind that really hurt when you touch them.

Haha - swim across this one km stretch of water and we'll let you go free

Then when they make it just throw them back in prison anyway

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Average is like, 6? For at least 100k for the hellfire. Not a very good cost ratio.

Unless it's a wedding, then it's like 80.

You'd have a high initial cost, but I've long said orbital bombardment via dropping a rock from space would be the most cost-effective method in the long run.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

once again the war criminals show they have the best grasp on reality

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Syncopated posted:

Is there any country in the world that this can't be said of? I'm legit curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elJwuD7pfmc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

suboptimal posted:

Considering how Unit 777 was at the Rabaa al-Adawiyya dispersal, I think they gave the Spetsnaz a serious run for their money. Also, this.

Hahahahah holy gently caress

quote:

As explosives were detonated to attempt to blow a hole on the top of the airframe, the explosion ripped through the cabin area, immediately killing 20 passengers.[4] Using the same hole, the operators gained entry to the plane but in the confusion opened fire indiscriminately and killed and injured more passengers. In the ensuing chaos, passengers that managed to flee the plane were then gunned down by snipers in positions around the airport who mistook them for terrorists attempting to escape. The total number of passengers killed was 57, out of 88 total.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Well we can all revert back to 13 year olds and argue who has the best.

we do because i'm from new zealand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Apiata
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Upham

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ManMythLegend posted:

I hate conversations like this because, like, I want to participate but I can't remember which stuff I know is classified and which stuff is not.

One of you dorks start a SIPR or JWCS GiP so we can do this right.

it shouldn't matter we're all friends here no one's gonna do anything with any info you give us

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

you loving osi goons have insanely good methods but miraculously i saw through yo u this time

GOTT VERDAMMT

*runs to waiting zeppelin*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

fresh venison owns

• Locked thread