Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Jedi Knight was 1997. Dark Forces was 1995. :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Celery Face posted:

My class was forced to dance to this song in grade 2 for an assembly. I recently discovered that it wasn't something from Nickelodeon. It actually charted and played on the radio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0p3jn7ODuc

Edit: Jesus christ, that album went triple platinum. Thank god I'm not old enough to remember that year.
My parents' sheer hatred of all 90's pop saved me from a lot of poo poo. I thank them for it.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Wheat Loaf posted:

Not sure which rude-dude-with-a-tude mascot was my favourite Sonic rip-off. Probably either Spyro or Crash Bandicoot. Never really played Rayman or Bubsy or whatever so I guess I didn't have the full experience.

I was big into games like Ratchet & Clank and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger but those were the 2000s version of the aforementioned.

Rayman was good, Rayman 2 was sublime, Rayman 3 was fairly good but not 90s. They aren't in the same world as poo poo like Bubsy.

Also, the 90s mascot game that I remember was Croc. Terrible in most respects, but I have a fondness for it.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just out of curiosity, is there a "definitive"/best version of Rayman 2 among all the various ports?

I honestly only ever played the PC version, which has the best graphics and audio, but suffers a tiny bit with controls. Dreamcast version should be fairly good due to the controller, with near or equal to PC audio and video. PS2 version is also supposed to be really good.

The DS and 3DS versions are mediocre due to terrible controls, N64 isn't worth it because the N64 was the weakest console the game was released on.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Space Ghost Coast to Coast debuted in 1994 though, and always spring to mind when I think "1994-1996 Cartoon Network".

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Handsome Ralph posted:

Anyone else remember the Star Wars card game from the mid-ninties?

https://www.theringer.com/2018/5/21/17374528/star-wars-customizable-card-game-player-community

I just remember buying a ton of them to collect (never got to play) cause they were cool as hell especially with the re-release hype going on.

The Wizards of the Coast one was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

The africanized honey bees were routed by colder northern temperatures and certain mountain ranges, so everyone outside of the southwestern deserts stopped giving a poo poo.

And everyone here realized the bees never do gently caress all, because all the bees are Africanized now and don't attack you for poo poo.